Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Where, pray tell?
    Was it in a bricks and mortar store??
    Must pick up one of the dead cheap copies of Madworld as well, to act as prelude!

Yeah, Smyths! GameStop were charging an extra fiver for the privilege of owning it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm already there!
    Nice, spending money on games has never been so worth every penny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah balls!
    That 3DO I was to collect tonight doesn't seem to be working as it cannot read any discs. Looks like my search will continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If it was the CD drive I could replace that like I did with the CDi but it's a video problem, it just does not output any video which is a much bigger and more complicated problem. I'll give him a bit longer to get back to me.

Well, my offer is still there should you not get sorted with the seller and just want to sell it on for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

not retro but i got Everybodys golf on ps vita for €12.99 in argos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

12.99 for something that'll engage you for 12.99 minutes..... more gameplay in Battlefield 3!
    At least you can trade it in for €8 or something in Gamestop on Monday! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

12.99 for something that'll engage you for 12.99 minutes..... more gameplay in Battlefield 3!
    At least you can trade it in for €8 or something in Gamestop on Monday! ;)

Actually it's pretty good game considering its golf.
    it looks and plays good. For 12.99 ye cant go wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everybody's Golf is a brilliant series, 12.99 is a bargain.

Everybody's Golf is a brilliant series, 12.99 is a bargain.

He never says that about anything I bought...
    Oh no...
    But someone buys a golf game and....
    I just don't think you love me anymore!!!

Actually, I had that game on the PS and PSP, good fun and worth the money.
    Hey, sure I bought Fire Warrior, what do I know!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He never says that about anything I bought...
    Oh no...
    But someone buys a golf game and....
    I just don't think you love me anymore!!!

Actually, I had that game on the PS and PSP, good fun and worth the money.
    Hey, sure I bought Fire Warrior, what do I know!

• Advertisement

Love that song, brings me back to my twenties, that was my age, rather than the decade, before some of you mention it!

Hmm, got a €40 universal voucher for the old birthday today, picked up the following for my troubles,
    Rub Rabbits and Rhythm Paradise for the DS, both €7 each, less 25% in the sale in HMV.
    Also got Metroid:Another M, for completeness sake, for feck all in the same sale.
    I was heading for the register when I spotted a third party cover for the Wii Balance Board, for €12.99, only when I looked closer it was an actual 3rd party Wii Balance Board! I'd not seen one before and I don't have one in the collection so picked it up, was the only one they had so happy days.
    I then picked up Nights for the Wii in Smyths for a fiver!
    So, not bad overall!
    I had plans to buy Ridge Racer Unbounded and Anarchy Reigns but I reckon I'm better placed with the items I got, seeing as Wii and DS stuff are starting to thin out a bit as the successor consoles take root.

Oh, and in other Birthday news Kerbdog gave me the BAS Arcade Cab..... I'll just let that sink in a bit.....

Thanks Kerbdog!
    My son is yours to do any menial slave labour around the house and garden, just say the word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh, and in other Birthday news Kerbdog gave me the BAS Arcade Cab..... I'll just let that sink in a bit.....

Thanks Kerbdog!
    My son is yours to do any menial slave labour around the house and garden, just say the word!

:eek:

Finally!!!! Nice one man, delighted for ya!

I assume you have a spot for it downstairs? Or will a crane be coming out to lift it into the attic?! :pac:

The better half wants it upstairs by the summer alright, not sure if it's feasible, these things don't look like they disassemble too easy.
    Might have to winch it through a window up there..... could be a nightmare!
    Of course, all it takes is for the cab to live in the room beneath, opposite the PC, nice and quiet, not bothering anyone.... assimilating into the house..... and there it may stay, who knows!
    On a brighter note, the pink jamma cart works fine on it, but the Street Fighter games are a disgrace on it, very slow.
    That's ok, as I'm not a fan, so I'll stick to the Capcom shmups instead, so Progear, here we come!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

..not as illustrious as the PC engine club , or the Arcade Cab club , hell! even the 3d0 club (..but waay better than the CDI club) , I'm in the Phillips Videopac club ;)
    th_100_0296.jpg
    th_100_0298.jpg
    nabbed this today , promised most of the games to sparks43 (sadly no boulderdash), as I'm more of a VCS man myself and they'll get better use! .
    I'd never realised it was a rebadged Magnavox Odyssey² though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Dr Bob wrote: »
    nabbed this today , promised most of the games to sparks43 (gladly no boulderdash), as I'm more of a VCS man myself and they'll get better use! .
    I'd never realised it was a rebadged Magnavox Odyssey² though..

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Check it out, I got a second AES...with all the Metal Slug carts!!!

>_>

<_<

IMG_0430_zps78f249fd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Honey I blew up the wicker chair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Honey I blew up the wicker chair!

And there was me hoping he lived in Pretzeland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

This came this morning, it's so comfy
    vn1auo.png
    http://www.qwertee.com/product/adventure-kong/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

2196jl.jpg

First world (retro) problems, too many boxed N64 games in comparison to my boxed SNES games (my preference)! Life's a beach

Hear triffic things about Rocket Knight Adventures there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nice! So easy to get great condition boxed n64 games unlike that basta@d Snes!

Also castlevania, good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Picked up this wee haul today. Decided to give Crash Bandicoot another try, though I'm not really a big fan. Also, feckin' delighted with Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. I loved that hasn't back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

deathrider wrote: »
    Picked up this wee haul today. Decided to give Crash Bandicoot another try, though I'm not really a big fan. Also, feckin' delighted with Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. I loved that hasn't back in the day.

Shadow The Hedgehog? Seriously? Blerrrgh...

Achilles wrote: »

Shadow The Hedgehog? Seriously? Blerrrgh...

It was either Shadow or Fifa if I wanted to score them for a tenner. It would have cost me more without it.

Just brought Shadow The Hedgehog for a spin... Yes, it is very sh1te indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Seriously, just get the consolegoods cable. You might save a few euro on a AV composite cable but that few euro could have gotten you a huge increase in graphical fidelity on every N64 game you will play. AV composite, particularly on the N64 looks terrible. It will be the best thing you will buy for your N64.

Also the only place that makes PAL N64 s-video cables is consolegoods so you will have to buy it there, but as I said, if you are going to stick with a PAL console it will be the best purchase you will make.

Finally got around to hooking up the N64 last night with that horrible AV cable I got with it. The picture is horrible on the flat screen with it. Incredibly grainy and horrible presumably because its a flat screen telly and not one of the old box type.

Anyway I just emailed the guy from consolegoods to get the S-Video cable. Its just under 10pounds sterling but looking at the incredibly poor picture quality last night I havent got a choice so I hope this works and its not the console being kinda broken or something else.

Any idea on how quick the turn around time is with the guy from consolegoods?? I just emailed him a minute ago with my order, how I want to pay and the postal address. So I assume he comes back to me and then when my payment clears he sends it. Hope I wont be waiting a week or two.

On the positive side even with the horrible horrible picture I was able to play a bit of Lylat Wars. Seriously why did they not make more of these games. It was a masterpiece.

And played a game of ISS 64. I used to love this game. Turned it off cause the quality was so bad. But hearing the commentary took me back. goal goal GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

deathrider wrote: »
    Just brought Shadow The Hedgehog for a spin... Yes, it is very sh1te indeed.

shadow-the-hedgehog-20051103050647389_640w.jpg

Never seen a game so accurately summed up in one picture

Some of the music is good imo, like Circus Park and Digital Circuit and the other grunge-y stuff. That's it really. Always got stuck on some ARK level where you'd to take out 35 artificial Chaos, could only ever get 34

Damn! Not here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I hope this works and its not the console being kinda broken or something else

Only an N64 could make its owner feel the display is that bad that it could be broken :D

Seriously though, its both a combination of using AV with a flatscreen tv. The s-video should really improve things, but after that the only improvement will be to pick up a cheap or free crt tv & use it with that. Even an RGB modded N64 won't be at its full potential on a flatscreen.

You can of course buy a chain of scalers & scanline generators...but save yourself the headache & cost, if you have the room, pick up a crt. Anything between 21 & 25" should be sweet, 4:3 of course.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

VGcats summed it up pretty well when it came out..
    050314.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement