Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

EnterNow wrote: »
    Only an N64 could make its owner feel the display is that bad that it could be broken :D

Seriously though, its both a combination of using AV with a flatscreen tv. The s-video should really improve things, but after that the only improvement will be to pick up a cheap or free crt tv & use it with that. Even an RGB modded N64 won't be at its full potential on a flatscreen.

You can of course buy a chain of scalers & scanline generators...but save yourself the headache & cost, if you have the room, pick up a crt. Anything between 21 & 25" should be sweet, 4:3 of course.

Just dont have room at the minute for a CRT (was trying to think of that earlier and couldnt hence calling it a box :D). If and when I do have room I'll pick up something around the size your talking.

I hope your right about the improvement though.

Any idea of how long that site takes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

And played a game of ISS 64. I used to love this game. Turned it off cause the quality was so bad. But hearing the commentary took me back. goal goal GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! :D

Slightly related football question. I got a football game (wasn't Fifa or anything like that. A cheapy title, I'd imagine) waaaaay back when I got my first Playstation. I believe it was all country teams are opposed to clubs. The only thing I can really remember is the commentator shouting "It's a rocket!!" when you gave the ball a good hard boot. Any idea what it was? I was never a football head, but this one came with the console, so I played quite a bit of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just got an email back from consolegoods saying that the cable is out of stock but he'll email me when its back in in about a weeks time he reckons which is fine by me.

Nice quick response from him too I think.

Any suggestions for an xbox live retro title for the next week?

Something from SNK or Sega maybe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get Radiant Silvergun if you already haven't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get Radiant Silvergun if you already haven't.

Did you not find the Live release a little...off?

I'm not sure if it's the visual update, but I'm not fond of it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Any suggestions for an xbox live retro title for the next week?

Something from SNK or Sega maybe?

Try Retro city rampage if you haven't already. So many retro jokes and Easter eggs. Really good fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did you not find the Live release a little...off?

I'm not sure if it's the visual update, but I'm not fond of it at all.

It's a bit too clean and the blur effect that gives everything a massive white halo outline is beyond awful but once you turn that off it plays a lot better. Also I don't have my saturn set up so it will have to do :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I got a new pet a few weeks ago....
    A Commodore PET that is...
    IMG_0391_zpsea6f6f4d.jpg

Christ knows it took a long time to find the resistors in the monitor that stopped it from initially working...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Very nice indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

OT new get, a puppy. Still haven't decided on a name, I want to name him Enzo or Kipper, mam wants to name him Spot and Dad wants to name him Jack. Retr0 wants Snarf :rolleyes:, he can name the dog when he's cleaning up after him.

156343_10200314122477187_1843183938_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Drebin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sera wrote: »
    OT new get, a puppy. Still haven't decided on a name, I want to name him Enzo or Kipper, mam wants to name him Spot and Dad wants to name him Jack. Retr0 wants Snarf :rolleyes:, he can name the dog when he's cleaning up after him.

156343_10200314122477187_1843183938_n.jpg

Thats a Limerick Dog for sure

Looks happy behind bars
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As a Lewis Carroll fan I say you name him Boojum.
    We called our dog Bailey, now he's referred to as the Bailster!

I heard of a guy who called his dog Diogy, as in D-O-G!

He looks like a Sparkster or a Clyde to me though.....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    As a Lewis Carroll fan I say you name him Boojum.

If you call him that I'd just want to wrap him up in a tortilla and eat him.

Master of the Universe

Boojum is actually a pretty cool name for a dog...although yeah, you'd end up a very hungry person shout that all the time.

Cute dog. I want one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Hmm, he looks like Sparks or Sparky to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You should call him Sonic The HedgeDog.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Of course you could also call him Snark as the same as a Boojum... Just saying...
    Dexter would be cool too, as dogs are sneaky killers underneath the domesticated exterior....

Steve SI wrote: »
    Hmm, he looks like Sparks or Sparky to me :)

My dog is called Sparky, so no.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Does he have steel balls and no back legs?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Does he have steel balls and no back legs?

No lupus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

001-16.jpg?t=1358785054

Ah Suikoden 2. The game that got me out of my FFVII fanboy ways. Still one of the best games ever made with a story that can bring a grown man to tears.

Suikoden 4 however... ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

More atomiswave overlays and got some Naomi MVS art done this time came out nice

D46D18D6-CEBF-47E5-BEF4-191CD4310AC1-1196-00000089625BB72C.jpg

C630CB99-40C8-4FE3-8549-C4D4F5DD3C63-1196-000000897123B2DC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Mind I ask where you got them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Finally, I join the Famiclub. Fairly yellowed, but that can be rectified. First, to AV mod that bad boy!

10o1hyw.jpg

2psh91x.jpg

2z4fgas.jpg

wh1k8.jpg

The manual {I presume its the manual?} is a real lolwut item. It looks like they made a comic-story scenario of owning, using & maintaining a Famicom :D

314v7l4.jpg

Welcome to the club... Oh wait, er, I want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Hey Enternow, let me know if you get the vertical lines on the video display after the mod.
    Common side effect and I have it slightly on my modded famicom. Would love to sort it out, so if you find a cure etc.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement