Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Hey Enternow, let me know if you get the vertical lines on the video display after the mod.
    Common side effect and I have it slightly on my modded famicom. Would love to sort it out, so if you find a cure etc.....

Yeah I'll let you know. The Famicom AV mod is far from an exact science given the board variations & tv inconsistencies, so what work for my Famicom & tv mightn't necessarily work for your setup. Its all a bit trial & error with this mod :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gee louise, I don't think I've purchased any gaming goodness this year so far. I think it's nearly two months since I've acquired anything.

I did however get these two numbered beauties recently:

$(KGrHqZ,!pQF!GIrHw4hBQO8LbznJQ~~60_35.JPG

still sealed and it could be number 1! The listing was claiming it could be even number one out of the thousand.

thudspecial05.jpg

Now have a nice little collection of Terry Pratchett slipcased books. Apart from the two recent ones, I think I have only one to get.

It's nice to start collecting something that there is a possibility of reaching the end. Also nearly there with the letterboxed editions as well.

Just wondering if there would be any interest in starting up a non retro gaming related get thread. Jack Burton was going on about collecting toys there today and I know there was some stuff posted up in the past, and even a thread dedicated to one such get, so Ciderman what ya think?

A little obsessive compulsive collecting corner.

edit: those are not my two particular books by the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm not sure about a non retro collecting thread or related, we have a general chat thread and there's a dedicated forum for toys as well, not to mention an All Things Retro forum too, I think the topic is well served already.
    If you have a different opinion throw it up here, no worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'd be up for a obsessive collector thread. I know theres other places for toys etc but we all know each other here :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, I understand but I don't really want to clog the place up with threads on topics quite divorced from the nominal theme of the forum and where there is ample support for the topic elsewhere.
    A small group of interested people joining with the fray in the toys and/or all things retro forum may be both welcome and energising.
    Anyway, if another mod wants to chime in with an opinion that'd be great.

• Advertisement

I never realised that those two forums/threads existed elsewhere here. I very rarely stray from my all ready well travelled path on boards.
    I take your point about the proposed thread being too far divorced from retro gaming and will bow to your judgement on the matter. Unless of course overwhelming popular opinion rears its ugly head and forces you to reconsider, then I will demand that the obsessive compulsive get thread be giving its head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's the thing.

We were one of the first forums on boards to have a 'general discussion thread'. It was a roaring success and a lot of other forums followed suit.

However, our 'general discussion' thread has it as being 'off topic retro discussion' - in that it's still revolving around classic gaming.

In other forums, the 'general discussion thread' is just that, a free for all for the regulars to discuss anything.

Now that is pretty much what we use our general discussion thread for anyway. Off topic discussion as well as gaming discussion. So I don't think we really need an off topic thread as long as we continue to use our general discussion thread as is?

That's kinda what I feel too, I don't want to fragment what is almost always interesting discussion, be it about gaming, pantrys or Atavans drinking habits.
    It's all part of the ebb and flow around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I don't see the harm in posting stuff that isn't strictly videogame related from time to time.

Like... my screen accurate modded Mighty Morphin Power Rangers morpher... aherm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

EF4A0906-2F2B-4123-900E-B4ED1583AC9E-466-000000CA55E59990.jpg

Few NGPC games arrived this morning.

As usual sorry about iPod touch pic quality or lack there of but you get the drift.

Dark Arms
    Match of the millennium
    King of fighters r2
    Samauri showdown

Altogether for 34dollars or 25euro according to XE

And turf masters seperately for 5sterling or 6euro

Just happen to both arrive today too which was nice.

Also bought King of Fighters VIII on eBay for the xbox 360 today for 17euro I think it was new/sealed. Lookin forward to playin that too whenever it comes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

King of Fighters XIII is an amazing game. I think it's even better than SF3 3rd strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    King of Fighters XIII is an amazing game. I think it's even better than SF3 3rd strike.

Excellent. Can't wait to get it. Was playin kof 94 I think it was on the psp as part of the snk collection yesterday which was good so hopefully this'll more of the same and better.

Excellent. Can't wait to get it. Was playin kof 94 I think it was on the psp as part of the snk collection yesterday which was good so hopefully this'll more of the same and better.

I was playing kof 94 on my neo geo there earlier in th last week. Preferred kof 96 but their the only two I played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

http://youtu.be/5npkz0xY1fo

Micro arcade cabinet playing Bubble Bobble and using Raspberry Pi board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Got some Funghi (from Touch Detective) stuff this morning, so happy! (^u^)
    601256_10200337942232666_1386503800_n.jpg
    I got a small Jake plush to keep Finn company too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Just picked up a disc copy of Monkey Island special collectors edition for the PS3. I never played the originals (woops) and I'm liking what I've played so far. I think The original graphics have a lot of charm and character compared to the redone sprites but I've been unable to decide which way to play. Hitting select to switch on the fly is an awesome feature. Think it must be the Broken Sword fan in me wanting the old sprites.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »

I bought it on release but the bad netcode stopped me from ever playing properly. Not enough friends play fighting games so learning 3 characters and matchups against the computer is just too dull for me. Might throw it on again tonight for a quick spin smile.png

Master of the Universe

Had my first experiment with Parcel Motel to see how it all works. Great service!

Problem is, so many parcels now come to mind which cost me a fortune to have shipped from the UK! Oh well...

underdefeat.jpg

And, it goes without saying and yet is always worth saying, you got it for a lot less than Retr0 did!
    Bet he wished he didn't sell that kidney for it now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Danonino. wrote: »
    Just picked up a disc copy of Monkey Island special collectors edition for the PS3. I never played the originals (woops) and I'm liking what I've played so far. I think The original graphics have a lot of charm and character compared to the redone sprites but I've been unable to decide which way to play. Hitting select to switch on the fly is an awesome feature. Think it must be the Broken Sword fan in me wanting the old sprites.

I bought it on release but the bad netcode stopped me from ever playing properly. Not enough friends play fighting games so learning 3 characters and matchups against the computer is just too dull for me. Might throw it on again tonight for a quick spin smile.png

You thinking of XII or XIII? 13's netcode hasn't caused me any problem thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hey Enternow, let me know if you get the vertical lines on the video display after the mod.
    Common side effect and I have it slightly on my modded famicom. Would love to sort it out, so if you find a cure etc.....

I done another members Famicom there, if you wanna have a look here I was able to reduce them a lot but not eliminate them completely - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82882662&postcount=7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    I done another members Famicom there, if you wanna have a look here I was able to reduce them a lot but not eliminate them completely - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82882662&postcount=7

That looks great, my one has it quite bad.

On another note my "The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia" shipped from Amazon today.
    Anyone else ordered this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    You thinking of XII or XIII? 13's netcode hasn't caused me any problem thus far.

definitely 13, then again I bought it on release a\nd only played for the first two weeks or so. There probably have been a thousand patches since then :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

That looks great, my one has it quite bad.

On another note my "The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia" shipped from Amazon today.
    Anyone else ordered this?

I ordered mine this week its not dispatched yet, but should still have it by Wednesday. Really hope it's going to be as good as it looks.

Master of the Universe

GNET board and Shikigami No Shiro paid for. I really have to stop buying so many feckin arcade boards. They're as addictive as crack! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

went a bit crazy with the amount of ps1 games I bought off Los Locos, but here are the highlights of what I bought

002-8.jpg?t=1359375034
    001-17.jpg?t=1359375082

Wow, PS1 cases with unsnapped hinges.

I wanted those discworld games!!!!!!!!!! And I would of gotten them too if it wasn't for your pesky offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Wow, PS1 cases with unsnapped hinges.

They're alot more sturdy than Dreamcast cases.

Achilles wrote: »
    They're alot more sturdy than Dreamcast cases.

They've always seemed pretty sturdy to me.

SONY%20CD-R%20Case-200x200.jpeg

4c9e0038f46d0d7a1c5c56cc9eefee06.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I only have a disc of R type delta!

I think I'm going to move onto more PS1 collecting this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement