Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got something new today!
    A hospital bed in Beaumont due to a suspected heart attack!
    I'm in here now, no heart attack but having a sleep over just in case.
    So, sleep overs in hospital, is this a girls in their pj's, lots of ice cream and we all watch Molly Ringwald movies?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hope you remembered the DS.

Hopefully everything is alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got something new today!
    A hospital bed in Beaumont due to a suspected heart attack!
    So, sleep overs in hospital, is this a girls in their pj's, lots of ice cream and we all watch Molly Ringwald movies?

Jesus man! Hope everything is alright with yourself???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

you should ring the Corey hotline, it's only $4.95 a minute and we'll do our bit by cutting down on the moe so you don't hnnnng jkjkjkjkjkjk

Thankfully you're okay, one of my neighbours was in hospital for the same thing but he's flying it. I'm sure you've all your handhelds and stuff with you but you should be relaxing, take it easy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have my 3ds, all my ds and 3ds games, a charger and an outlet to plug it into, happy days!
    If I had a Vita I'd say they'd have just shot me, horsey style, lost cause, then shipped me off to be in a Tesco burger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Jesus cidey.

Your day really went downhill since we spoke in the morning.

I knew you must have been sick to pass on a Raiden pcb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hope everything's ok cidey, get well soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Get well soon !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hope all is well Ciderdude.

Copy of Ni No Kuni arrived this morning. Studio Ghibli + Old school JPRG? Unreasonably exciting proposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

These things had to be expected in your 50's Cidey...you can't be playing full on action games at your age anymore.

Get well soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You should play some Trauma Centre for the laugh.

In all seriousness hope you're feeling better, I've had severe panic attacks in the past that have felt like a heart attack so I know what it's like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Keep calm, and finish OoT.

Hope all goes well, sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Keep calm, and finish OoT.

He really has no excuse now!
    How does the GNET system operate oisin?

What sort of games are on it?

Ah it operates in a similar fashion to other cart/mobo based arcade systems. The games come on those PCMCIA flash cards you see on the very top.

You can mod the GNet to boot images of games from standard PCMCIA flash cards.

Most of the games worth playing on it seem to be shmups. Chaos Heat is one horizontal game which looks pretty fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Copy of Ni No Kuni arrived this morning. Studio Ghibli + Old school JPRG? Unreasonably exciting proposition.

Studio Ghibli art with a Akihiro Hino from Level 5 world, writing and story. Don't be expecting it to be the videogame version of Princess Mononoke and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Came home to this in the post.
    So that's my weekend sorted.

8BEAD86A-AF6C-4E9A-84D0-EDE65FB6C9B1-990-0000010B5C2F2283.jpg

CBD18EBC-B9C9-4802-BAFC-69E086D6C51B-990-0000010B4BF03422.jpg

Picked up Taito Legends 1 & 2 for the PS2 today.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGcehPHO9ugkJFlH6B9FDGuI49AeBKPk5tK_8PmCSceDammfXY

Was lazy so stuck them into the PS3 rather then walking upstairs. The emulation really sucked with some games stuttering to unplayable levels. I guess 68000 emulation on the Emotion Engine emulated on the Cell processor wasn't fully thought through :)

Plays perfectly on the PS2 so all is well. Looking forward to Midway Treasures 1,2 & 3 now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Check out Kiki KaiKai on the second one, love that game.

Those Taito and Midway collections are pretty decent, Bubble Bobble, G Darius and the rest for a pittance.
    My pride of place collection is the 4 disk Capcom collection for the PS, nicely presented too.
    I'd love the total boxed set of Namco Museums, the Japanese editions.
    Might make that my wanna get for '13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Picked up Taito Legends 1 & 2 for the PS2 today.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGcehPHO9ugkJFlH6B9FDGuI49AeBKPk5tK_8PmCSceDammfXY

Was lazy so stuck them into the PS3 rather then walking upstairs. The emulation really sucked with some games stuttering to unplayable levels. I guess 68000 emulation on the Emotion Engine emulated on the Cell processor wasn't fully thought through :)

Plays perfectly on the PS2 so all is well. Looking forward to Midway Treasures 1,2 & 3 now :)
    Yo dawg I herd you like emulation...

The last time I did something like that was running the Windows version of Kega on Linux. Worked surprisingly well.

Speaking of emulation, I was always fond of the Bubble Bobble on the PS1, probably sacrilege but it did me for some time.
    I have the same title for the Saturn as well, oddly unaffected by the change in format!
    I know though that it was built from the ground up due to the source code being lost by Taito, so I'm not sure how accurate the game is, especially in terms of secrets and enemy patterns.
    But, unlike a poor emulation, at least, in this instance, Acclaim had little choice and so did the best they could.

• Advertisement

Those Taito and Midway collections are pretty decent, Bubble Bobble, G Darius and the rest for a pittance.
    My pride of place collection is the 4 disk Capcom collection for the PS, nicely presented too.
    I'd love the total boxed set of Namco Museums, the Japanese editions.
    Might make that my wanna get for '13

I remember a lad that posted here in days gone by had that Namco set;) It's a nice collection to have in that case, hope the body is feeling a bit better Ciderman.

Speaking of emulation, I was always fond of the Bubble Bobble on the PS1, probably sacrilege but it did me for some time.
    I have the same title for the Saturn as well, oddly unaffected by the change in format!
    I know though that it was built from the ground up due to the source code being lost by Taito, so I'm not sure how accurate the game is, especially in terms of secrets and enemy patterns.
    But, unlike a poor emulation, at least, in this instance, Acclaim had little choice and so did the best they could.

Actually the PS1 and Saturn versions are emulated and emulated rather poorly. They suffer from issues early versions of mame had with secrets and stuff not acting correctly. Add in PAL 50 Hz mode and it running in the wrong resolution which makes it look really weird and it's not great at all. Taito collections are the way to go for them.

Taito collection is well packaged alright. You can select either 50 or 60Hz and adjust the screen size & position.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

nabbed these in a charity shop here , might end up trading/selling mind you as I'm probably not going to have much time to play them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Dr Bob wrote: »
    nabbed these in a charity shop here , might end up trading/selling mind you as I'm probably not going to have much time to play them ;)

I'd be interested in a trade if you want to pm me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Mortal Kombat 1 upgrade roms

IMAG0484_zpsa78938e2.jpg

Picked up a couple of sfc games that arrived during the week along with some empty boxes and manuals. Seiken Densetsu 3 and Darius Twin.
    p1020561nt.jpgp1020560rw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Dr Bob wrote: »

Dibs on okami!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mortal Kombat 1 upgrade roms

Very nice. Did you get these on a specific site or just a random spot? I'm half looking for a Ridge Racer to Ridge Racer 2 upgrade kit but its nigh on impossible to find info on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Dibs on okami!
    you're such a ghowl, go buy your own :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement