Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Okami is only £8.24 on Amazon at the moment brand new if anyones looking for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was going to buy the new masterpiece from Level 5 and Studio Ghibli but was shocked to see that it was 60 is GS, along with most of their new stock.
    Is this the future of a market place without HMV as a competitor?
    Thinking my purchases will be online in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

safe_image.php?d=AQA5e-ck7Zg_sY-l&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FvD94dVu8lqQ%2Fhqdefault.jpg&jq=100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I was going to buy the new masterpiece from Level 5 and Studio Ghibli but was shocked to see that it was 60 is GS, along with most of their new stock.
    Is this the future of a market place without HMV as a competitor?

I think its also 60 on psn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

EnterNow wrote: »

Very nice. Did you get these on a specific site or just a random spot? I'm half looking for a Ridge Racer to Ridge Racer 2 upgrade kit but its nigh on impossible to find info on it

I just stuck a wanted post over on the dark side (j+). Response was weak enough but good few guys on there have Rom burners. One guy offered to do it for my for more or less cost. He identified the roms to be upgraded, burnt them and posted.

Between all that and paypal fees it cost under a tenner (euro). Sweet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Save a random 4:3 19" TV from being sent to the dump yesterday.
    Had it working with the meg and once I got over a hiccup with the RGB cable (you need to tell the TV its an rgb signal , once you do its fine) it was working grand .Better than grand in fact.
    Tempted to use it as the basis for an el cheapo mame cab (as I'm never going to be able to afford a proper one in the near future...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Went into town the other day and got a few bits. Nothing retro though I had a look in the rage but nothing caught my eye.

Psp games were €2 each in a charity shop. Don't judge me on FIFA, I got it so when my cousins come over it keeps them away from my nice games :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Check out what arrived today. I still cannot believe I got this so cheap. MVS complete kits are usually pretty expensive - let alone Neo Drift Out, which is even expensive cart only.

I got really lucky with this. He was all sold out of his ebay carts. Fired off a pm to him and he had one left :)

These things are so minty it looks like they just rolled off the factory conveyor belt. I have about 50-60 MVS carts now and I've never seen one with a sheen like this. It's almost silky to the touch!

DSC_0005_zpsc359d4d3.jpg

DSC_0006_zps1e3a39f2.jpg

DSC_0007_zpse6ca8ccb.jpg

DSC_0008_zps1478b418.jpg

DSC_0009_zps6e1a3e02.jpg

The Flip Shot kit still hasn't arrived. Which is odd as it was posted before this one!

Arrival from Amazon this morning, all set for the weekend :)

DSCF0701_zpse243e9f3.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's a copy of Ni no Kuni on Adverts for €50, not sure if I want it that much.....

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I found the battery charger for my Nikon camera this evening (it's been missing for months) so can finally take some decent photos again!

Here are a few more recent gets.

DSC_0021_zps03228d19.jpg

DSC_0022_zps521235de.jpg

DSC_0018_zps676db180.jpg

DSC_0016_zps98dd9ba9.jpg

DSC_0015_zps39cfe112.jpg

DSC_0012_zps4422a308.jpg

For Ciderdude!

DSC_0013_zps5b6ac9a8.jpg

Been trying out my Saturn mod chip. All legit backups, I swear.

DSC_0011_zpsa8ef0105.jpg

Are you going to paint the Metal Slug figs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's my international superstar cart. It's certainly doing the rounds.

Master of the Universe

Are you going to paint the Metal Slug figs?

I'd love to, just a matter of finding some time now! :)
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's my international superstar cart. It's certainly doing the rounds.

It is indeed. I recognised it was your one when I saw it pop up over on adverts. Was only €30. Couldn't pass it up at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'd love to, just a matter of finding some time now! :)

It is indeed. I recognised it was your one when I saw it pop up over on adverts. Was only €30. Couldn't pass it up at that price.

Thats mad, I sold it for considerably more than that. :pac:

I was in Gamestop today and there was nothing that interested me in terms of current gen games!
    I will pick up Madworld for the fiver, but there is no shortage of those about.
    It's a bit mental though, is modern gaming rubbish, to paraphrase Blur?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I will pick up Madworld for the fiver, but there is no shortage of those about.

Get the US version of Madworld. Madworld has an awful PAL conversion.

Modern gaming isn't rubbish but today's mainstream games just don't interest me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well theres some good games out soon that I want to get on release.

Bioshock and Aliens games out soon off the top off my head

I'm too long in the tooth to leap at an Aliens themed videogame without seeing a review first.
    I've been disappointed with everything aside from the AvP games on the PC, the arcade game and the recent DS title, the rest AvP on the 360 and, memorably, on the Jag, were dung.
    Bioshock Infinite looks great but, again, I'll wait for a review, and a review from a magazine without the word "Official" in the title, the reviewers seem to write whatever copy the reps give them in those mags!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

More Japanese MD goodies
    maQNMG5.png

• Advertisement

Very good, Thunderforce II sucks donkey balls though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Already had 3 & 4 so I picked it cheap enough... but thanks for your input :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm too long in the tooth to leap at an Aliens themed videogame without seeing a review first.
    I've been disappointed with everything aside from the AvP games on the PC, the arcade game and the recent DS title, the rest AvP on the 360 and, memorably, on the Jag, were dung.
    Bioshock Infinite looks great but, again, I'll wait for a review, and a review from a magazine without the word "Official" in the title, the reviewers seem to write whatever copy the reps give them in those mags!

I agree, AVP2 on the PC is one of my all time favourite games! I will wait for a review but I have hopes

I would be extremely surprised and disappointed if Bioshock Infinite is a load of balls. But stranger things have happened...unfortunately :(

Re: Thunderforce II, I was familiar with the series, at that time up to III, back in the day and was anxious for some Shmuppy action.
    I took myself off to the local games counter in the drapers in Sligo town, I kid you not, and the only Thunderforce title in stock was the second one, so I threw my punts on the counter and snaffled it home....

5MinutesLater.jpg

WTF!

What was this 8 way scrolling, overhead crap???

Sure, there was some horizontally scrolling fun to be had, but punctuated with extended time in overhead shooter land!!!

So, brought that mother back, oh yes!

And was told that there were no returns.... :(

1090px-Misc-true-story-realistic-l.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not me but it kind of does suck :)

Thunderforce IV though, that piece of arcade awesomeness had no business being that cool on a 16 bit console.
    Beautiful palette in that game, really beautiful.
    Dammit, now I want that Jamma Megadrive!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thunderforce IV though, that piece of arcade awesomeness had no business being that cool on a 16 bit console.
    Beautiful palette in that game, really beautiful.
    Dammit, now I want that Jamma Megadrive!

If you're sticking a Mame PC in the cab then just emulate the MD, works great, well for some games anyway. PCEngine emulation works very well too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Just got another addition to my Japanese Saturn collection in the post this morning.
    Vampire Hunter: Darkstalker's Revenge (aka Night Warriors)

• Advertisement

I have a shameful confession to make, I was in Argos, buying something middle aged, and browsing the clearance games I saw that Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 were selling for 12.99 each so, in a moment of weakness and/or madness, I bought them...

My love of mediocre fps lives on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement