Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So erm...

Aherm... I have a bold suggestion lads. Retro beers? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Achilles wrote: »
    So erm...

Aherm... I have a bold suggestion lads. Retro beers? :-)
    we're were talking about one here but most people were busy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Conkers is a bad Rare platformer with crap jokes. If you are a fan of Big Bang Theory then you might laugh. If you actually like comedy it will make you weep.

I Your Humble Opinion.....

I like it.
    Lots do.
    As people also like Big Bang Theory.

Not every game or TV show that is worthy has to originate in Japan and come with subtitles.

Conker is not a bad platformer, there is lots of variety, in terms of level design, enemies and gameplay.
    Not to mention songs about poo.
    Big Bang Theory has this

Watch it all but around 1:00 it's very well done indeed....

Plus Amy, Mayim Bialik in real life, has a PHD in neuroscience, which is cool.

Sera wrote: »
    we're were talking about one here but most people were busy

That was two years ago...we could have some kind of game swapping session too.

C'mond guys it'd be a mad laugh... convince the lads in The Rage to let us camp out there with a beer cooler for hours, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That was two years ago...

Em, that thread has other pages in it

• Advertisement

That was two years ago
    we'd a Retro beers last month you know? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Big Bang Theory is the anti-funny.

Now I'm off to guffaw at Curb your Enthusiasm :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, if it's anti-funny, why do I laugh?
    It's funny, that's why and so you are wrong.

Hmm, not liking mainstream comedy.... stank of hipster off of you Retr0.... you have another hidden life awaiting you in the States?
    Stick to the dresses! Don't start wearing a trilby, mustard coloured tight jeans, stripy jumpers and a jacket.... don't do it!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Check out the big bang theory videos with the laughter tracks removed and tell me it's still funny.

Check out the big bang theory videos with the laughter tracks removed and tell me it's still funny.

Laughter tracks - the QTE's of comedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

'Laughter tracks'? La de feckin' da, when did we start using that term?

Forever 'canned laughter' to me!

/Edit - just wanted to say, The Big Bang Theory is garbage. That needs to be said as much as possible.

Could it be, that some of us here are television hipsters? Mainstream/modern tv is fairly repugnant in fairness

EnterNow wrote: »
    Could it be, that some of us here are television hipsters? Mainstream/modern tv is fairly repugnant in fairness

I just don't like crap TV. I'm off to hug my boxsets of Mad Men and Carnivale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I'm off to hug my boxsets of Ros na Run and Cadfael.

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Whatever about the quality of the comedy in Conkers Bad Fur Day, comparing anything to The Big Bang Theory is just plain mean. It's at the same level of utter sh1teness like Big Brother/I'm Not a Celeb Get me Out of Here type crap. No need for "imo" here, I speak the truth. :cool:

EnterNow wrote: »
    Laughter tracks - the QTE's of comedy

Not a laughter track, it's filmed in front of a live tv audience.
    Ok, so they're americans, but they still count!

vc282big.jpg

And it's still funny.

What a dull shower you lot have become.. :(

Have to be careful... don't want to seem like I'm a moderator trolling his own forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm just gonna say it, I like The Big Bang Theory.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'm just gonna say it, I like The Big Bang Theory.

1156151_o.gif

Deservedly so.

Andrew76 wrote: »

Deservedly so.

Come on Andrew, we all know you're a secret fan of the show :D

thebigbangtheorybymaryc.jpg
    thebigbangtheorybynami8.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Family love Arrested Development

• Advertisement

Arrested Development
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Seinfeld
    Black Adder
    Yes Minister
    Fr Ted
    Black Books
    Third Rock From the Sun

Everything else is crap.

thebigbangtheorybymaryc.jpg
    thebigbangtheorybynami8.png

Fantastic images, especially the lower one.
    I love the fact that now Penny can recite the manifold reasons why Sheldon has to sit just there.

Also worth mentioning the running joke about Penny stealing the boys Wifi and whether Raj is, in fact, gay....
    The belittling of Howards lack of a Phd is also worthy of a "Bazinga"

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fantastic images, especially the lower one.
    I love the fact that now Penny can recite the manifold reasons why Sheldon has to sit just there.

Also worth mentioning the running joke about Penny stealing the boys Wifi and whether Raj is, in fact, gay....
    The belittling of Howards lack of a Phd is also worthy of a "Bazinga"

thebigbangtheorysheldono.jpg

When I first heard the name of the show I thought it was going to be about the actual Big Bang and related to astrophysics i.e. interesting. I could not have been more disappointed when I actually saw some of it.

@OwaynOTT: Faulty Towers and The Two Ronnies fill two gaping holes in your list. Many more could be added too no doubt. :)

Back on topic I must have a look about for any recent gets, haven't post anything here in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

sarcasm1.jpg

Well if anyone here calls themselves a nerd or geek the surely you will think that the Big Bang Theory is the best comedy series of all time because its speaks to you. Certainly that's the way it is for me. And comic references aswell! oh gee whiz!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/streets-of-talking-classics/720535 Watch the first section of that, before the intro, I love it

Andrew76 wrote: »
    @OwaynOTT: Faulty Towers and The Two Ronnies fill two gaping holes in your list. Many more could be added too no doubt. :)
    uber +1, I love the 2R's Mastermind sketch. Hard to mention all the good ones in one post but along with those two ^ some others I like myself - Monty Python's Flying Circus, Seinfeld, Open All Hours, Porridge, One Foot In The Grave are all great as well.

As far as comedy shows goes Frazier is/always will be my favourite and not just because of the dog :pac: (it's just a bonus)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

And lets not forget Red Dwarf

Bunch of smegheads the lot of you:D

Forgot Fraiser and Monty Python and Fawlty Towers. Freakazoid should be there as well and Chicken Boo

Sparks43 wrote: »
    And lets not forget Red Dwarf

Bunch of smegheads the lot of you:D
    So what is it?

• Advertisement

Please no!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement