Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have a shameful confession to make, I was in Argos, buying something middle aged, and browsing the clearance games I saw that Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 were selling for 12.99 each so, in a moment of weakness and/or madness, I bought them...

My love of mediocre fps lives on!

Oh Jaysus. Time for an intervention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I have a shameful confession to make, I was in Argos, buying something middle aged, and browsing the clearance games I saw that Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 were selling for 12.99 each so, in a moment of weakness and/or madness, I bought them...

could have been worse, you could have bought a PS Move :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Or a PSVita!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Resistance 3 was an enjoyable enough romp, haven't tried Killzone 3 but I assume its similar to Killzone 2 with some extra brown thrown in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I must say, I found the Resistance series to be the bigger brown-fest, rather than Killzone, and speaking of which, Killzone 2 and 3 are veritable works of genius compared to the fetid pile of stinking pus that was the first title in the Killzone franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Achilles wrote: »
    Yo dawg I herd you like emulation...

The last time I did something like that was running the Windows version of Kega on Linux. Worked surprisingly well.

Luckly there is a Linux version of Kega Fusion for those interested

GBA SP headphone adapter

IMAG0494_zpse3b19e00.jpg

A custom universal kick harness solution for my Atomiswave courtesy of FrancoB.

This cable taps buttons 4 and 5 from the jamma harness via a pass through and button 6 from a cab specific cable.

IMAG0495_zps7582568e.jpg

Then individual kick harnesses connect to the above. One per kick harness type.
    These are a few cables for my mk boards.

IMAG0496_zpsf421ad14.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That FrancoB does some awesome work, always top quality.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That FrancoB does some awesome work, always top quality.

Yup. Pricey but you know what you're getting and completely bespoke.

• Advertisement

After my disappointment at being sniped for Tatsunoko vs Capcom with the stick, I said feck it and bought the stand alone game this morning for €12 posted and also got a crappy arcade stick by Logic 3 for less than a tenner posted, gods bless parcel motel!
    I figure I'll pick up the official Wii stick somewhere down the road.
    I'm sure Gamestop have one lying around, somewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

After my disappointment at being sniped for Tatsunoko vs Capcom with the stick, I said feck it and bought the stand alone game this morning for €12 posted and also got a crappy arcade stick by Logic 3 for less than a tenner posted, gods bless parcel motel!
    I figure I'll pick up the official Wii stick somewhere down the road.
    I'm sure Gamestop have one lying around, somewhere!
    Was that from a seller called sammilliemeglan? If so, apologies for the snipe...!

Ended up getting a few bits off him for cheaper postage... Really regret not getting 2 of the sticks when they were being flogged off for 20 quid new (iirc) on zavvi.

Was that from a seller called sammilliemeglan? If so, apologies for the snipe...!

Ended up getting a few bits off him for cheaper postage... Really regret not getting 2 of the sticks when they were being flogged off for 20 quid new (iirc) on zavvi.
    Doesn't seem to bad when it's a local who got it!
    I wonder if the game will be worth something later, now that Nintendo won't be able to publish any more, presumably that includes a launch via WiiU e-shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Doesn't seem to bad when it's a local who got it!
    I wonder if the game will be worth something later, now that Nintendo won't be able to publish any more, presumably that includes a launch via WiiU e-shop.
    Hopefully, it's been getting slightly pricier since that announcement it couldn't be reprinted anyway...

Seems to be the only decent fighter of note on the wii also!

Hopefully, it's been getting slightly pricier since that announcement it couldn't be reprinted anyway...

Seems to be the only decent fighter of note on the wii also!

The stick is nice, connects to the WiiU as well, works well with Tekken apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some Snes filth I picked up

20fs4xz.jpg

doxufd.jpg

98hc8i.jpg

erwor7.jpg

2hmhjf9.jpg

25zs60n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just FYI, I may need to break into your house to steal that Chrono Trigger. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in this thread!!! :eek:

Play through it asap!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Secret of Mana, spent many hours float by playing this, the music is just great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I picked up these off adverts, it's the best tenner I spent in a while.
    YzE0ZTZhNWRmMGM4NDBiN2IzZDViMTI5YWQ0NmQ1NjaSq0oSLVGt1n7B-y4fLbiSaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzdjZmIxYzI5MjI1YmRkM2I2NTBhMzQ2ODg1MTU2OGVlMTEwNDg5MDZjOWZlYzcyZjIwY2NhNzYxZjg0MzdhOS5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I picked up these off adverts, it's the best tenner I spent in a while.
    YzE0ZTZhNWRmMGM4NDBiN2IzZDViMTI5YWQ0NmQ1NjaSq0oSLVGt1n7B-y4fLbiSaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzdjZmIxYzI5MjI1YmRkM2I2NTBhMzQ2ODg1MTU2OGVlMTEwNDg5MDZjOWZlYzcyZjIwY2NhNzYxZjg0MzdhOS5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

All that for a tenner!!!!!!

I bought Fable 2 on it's own second hand today for a tenner!!

Argh!!!!!! !!!!!!!, etc..

• Advertisement

I have some of them already but I couldn't not buy them at that money. Must put up the doubles for trade and find a victim for Fifa;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up this earlier. Every home needs a pong clone :)

MWRkZWRhODA4ZmYzOTJlYTE3YjZjMTM3ZjM2ODc3OWX3NY6memYcfgl3Swp_Ae8caHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOWUzOTM1NDc0OTQ2OWFmNjM0NWMxN2VmNzcxMmNkMGYzYjQ5MDVmZTMzMzU4NDMxODZhZGI2YzkwNGVjNmMyNC5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got this in a charity shop in bray. Brand new sealed GBA wireless adaptor. Already have a couple of them so I'll probably leave it sealed and then retire off it in 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Got this in a charity shop in bray. Brand new sealed GBA wireless adaptor. Already have a couple of them so I'll probably leave it sealed and then retire off it in 10 years.

Was gonna do my weekly hunt there today, presume anything decent has been wiped clean now !? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ianobeano wrote: »

Was gonna do my weekly hunt there today, presume anything decent has been wiped clean now !? ;)

There wasn't anything decent there apart from that :P they might have new stuff in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

EnterNow wrote: »
    Some Snes filth I picked up

Very jelly, only got the loose versions :mad: :D

More cool stuff I have to buy!
    Well, certainly Chronotrigger anyways.
    Never played it but infrequently via emulation, going to have to remedy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got loads of games today in Smyths.

Blast works on Wii
    Golden Sun Dark Dawn on DS
    Warioware D.I.Y on DS
    Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS

All of these brand new for the gargantuan price of € 20.98 happy days:D

pdbhp wrote: »
    Got loads of games today in Smyths.

Blast works on Wii
    Golden Sun Dark Dawn on DS
    Warioware D.I.Y on DS
    Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS

All of these brand new for the gargantuan price of € 20.98 happy days:D

I really liked Revelations, waiting for the 360 vesion now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

First n64 game I've bought in about 5 years! Kinda want to get the collection out of storage.

fzero_zps510a7f74.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement