Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Any more information on your problem. What was wrong with the old chassis? Couldn't it be sent for a little TLC instead of replacing?

Old one had pincushioning and gradual swelling, got the replacement for less than a repair would have cost but looks like a repair may have been a better option :( swapped back in the other one and its working fine, dont know whats up with this one looks like horizontal collapse?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mozie81 wrote: »

dscf0724j.jpg

One word review
    "Bugger"

**** I dont wanna see this stuff,
    mine better work when i get my chassis or I'll have a breakdown.
    Now to try get the mofo on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Got replacement chassis yesterday, swapped out the old one and got this :(

dscf0724j.jpg

not impressed

Horizontal deflection circuit failure or something along those lines. Where did you get this new chassis?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Horizontal deflection circuit failure or something along those lines. Where did you get this new chassis?

Got it off a guy over in J+, is it a big fix? Sent him a mail, will see if i get a response :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

dscf0724j.jpg

Could it be a game of Trons Lightcycles but you've no mates?

Got it off a guy over in J+, is it a big fix?

Its probably something very simple like a diode or transistor thats given out...the difficult bit is the diagnosis & location of it. You really need to know what your doing or have help in finding it. If your lucky it will be a common enough problem, & someone can tell you "yeah look for part x & replace it". Throw a pic up on J+ or BYOAC, someone there should be able to guide you better

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Could it be a game of Trons Lightcycles but you've no mates?

Or 0 player Pong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What was the fault with the original chassis?
    Check the test switch on your chassis isn't pressed if there is one.
    Check connections to Yoke, bad connection, broken solder joint, cable
    Adjust Horizontal POT.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thats a horizontal collapse problem alright from the looks of it.. watch this youtube video on it.

Looks like a capkit might fix it.

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    Thats a horizontal collapse problem alright from the looks of it.. watch this youtube video on it.

Looks like a capkit might fix it.

Caps look fine and look look like most of them have been replaced recently, I'll wait until the guy reply's and worst comes to worst i'll send it over for repair.

Caps look fine and look look like most of them have been replaced recently, I'll wait until the guy reply's and worst comes to worst i'll send it over for repair.

Caps don't have to show any signs of issue to warrant a change. Personally I'd get them done as a first port of call {assuming your keeping the chassis that is}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up Iron & Blood, Actua Soccer, Contra, F1 97 for the PS1 in a bin this morning at the local recycling center :) Cases are wrecked but discs look to be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

First off I got the scart required to
    Fit the Svideo cable to my stupid LG telly.

I'm delighted with the results. Picture doesn't do it justice.

I bought the N64 on January 9th and thankfully I can finally relive my teen years.

9BF4FF98-31C8-4AAF-9032-EA89BECF6F47-192-000000674F2D5435.jpg

Picked up Omega Boost. Never played this back in the day gets good reviews though.

78E1044D-13A8-4A26-B0EF-5FE534FBD2A5-192-000000675D633EA7.jpg

E7C23699-8D49-4973-8675-70C6781F3D62-192-00000067677FF525.jpg

And my psp collection continues to grow.

DD65A4F5-BCCB-4738-A386-05B6B1662A95-192-00000067719887D7.jpg

Thanks again for the advice around the N64 guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In spite of Retr0's blatant poaching of the game Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
    , I found another copy in Swords, and picked it up for 11.99, so happy days and fup you Poacher Retr0!

always wanted to play that. is it any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

always wanted to play that. is it any use?

It's Ico, but Yorda's been replaced by the Incredible Hulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It's Ico, but Yorda's been replaced by the Incredible Hulk.

I really need to get round to that one. I've had it unopened for about 2 years.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Caps don't have to show any signs of issue to warrant a change. Personally I'd get them done as a first port of call {assuming your keeping the chassis that is}

Cheers, packed up and ready to go to Grantspain btw I normally use fastway but anyone use any others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Fastway are the best IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Registered and tracked post with An Post not an option??

• Advertisement

I'am actually sending 2 as I have another that needs work done so between the weight and tracking cost I reckon fastway would prolly be cheaper plus going on past experience they handle the stuff a bit better, an post not exactly known for there finesse :) just wondering were there any alternatives.

I use AN Post most of the time but granted I package stuff up well to allow for that.

I've never used anyone other than An Post, couldn't really advise on anything other

Nice gets from Adverts this morning, and Snoopy Tennis Game and Watch, cib, and Wild 9 for the PS, €25 all told.
    Also, Kerbdog was wrestling with the cab and Hyperspin, will need some time to set up right but a good start made!

Hyperspin takes time alright. I have it on an external hard drive as a test environment.

Make all changes and adjustemnts when connected to main pc then transfer to cab as required.

Picked this up in Dealz in Dundrum for €1.49. And it remained sealed forevermore...

245ip1z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Someone needs to ban me from ebay, I just spent far too much money perfecting my pal n64 experience(short of performing the rgb mod).

First i ordered my pal s-video from console goods.

Ordered Pilotwings 64 from a fellow boards member:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/230927422748?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_922

F-zero X:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/221192069044?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_689

DK 64:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/150999721084?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1061wt_689

The amazingly overpriced(but I wanted the uncensored version for so long) Conkers bad fur day:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/170991982798?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_819wt_922

Then My Hori mini controller(fed up of the dam n64 analogs breaking):
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/111014694745?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_689

Also picked up a host of good xbox originals for peanuts and I am now very very broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well that's an expensive afternoon's shopping!

I never understand why Conker is so expensive. Apparently it only sold 50,000 copies, but every time I check ebay there are loads for sale.

4 have sold on ebay.co.uk in the last two days, one of them was even complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Think I'll sell my copy then and just buy an everdrive with the funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well that's an expensive afternoon's shopping!

I never understand why Conker is so expensive. Apparently it only sold 50,000 copies, but every time I check ebay there are loads for sale.

4 have sold on ebay.co.uk in the last two days, one of them was even complete.

Its always in high demand and in the last few months the price has been creeping up all the time. So I finally gave in and stumpted up for it. Most I have ever spent on a single title, but at least I know its a great game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement