Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've noticed that over the last couple of years, some games which have been creeping up in price have suddenly sky rocketed. You could have bought Conker for half that not too long ago.

One which really is after blowing my mind is Panzer Dragoon Saga. I bought that for €80 a year and a half ago. One sold on the 24th for €178..and one on the 23rd for €261 :eek:

What I don't understand about Conker though is supply and demand. Generally things go up in price if the demand exceeds the supply. However, unlike PDS, there are always loads of Conker carts floating about. It's a very similar situation to Earthbound. Like they have just become expensive carts by default.

Anyway, enjoy the purchase :) It's probably only set to get more expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've noticed that over the last couple of years, some games which have been creeping up in price have suddenly sky rocketed. You could have bought Conker for half that not too long ago.

One which really is after blowing my mind is Panzer Dragoon Saga. I bought that for €80 a year and a half ago. One sold on the 24th for €178..and one on the 23rd for €261 :eek:

What I don't understand about Conker though is supply and demand. Generally things go up in price if the demand exceeds the supply. However, unlike PDS, there are always loads of Conker carts floating about. It's a very similar situation to Earthbound. Like they have just become expensive carts by default.

Anyway, enjoy the purchase :) It's probably only set to get more expensive!

Yeah Saturn collecting tends to be pretty pricey. I guess it is just what happens when games don't get re-released on other consoles or in conkers case have loads of the game changed in the re-release.

What makes it worse is that no game no matter how good they are they can't justify those price tags. I know I would love to have earthbound, but frankly the price is just obscene nowadays. Should have stumpted up for it when you could get it for around the $100 mark, tbh thats part of the reason I didn't want to make the same mistake with Conker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well here something a little off topic some of you might remember that I said I wanted to collect the entire visionaries set. Well a few weeks ago all the individual figures popped up on ebay. I couldnt resist.

All boxed and complete, minus one weapon. The packets are also slit on one side, which allows the figures to be removed. I only noticed this after i won and I was a little pissed off but actually I would have done it myself because I really wanted play with these for the first time in about 17 years

DSC02655_zpscefd0a47.jpg

DSC02656_zps7361a71b.jpg

The holograms are so hard to photograph, but trust me, they look awesome!

DSC02657_zps09a29280.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Wow, thats a flashback, I remember running around the school years ago with my friends playing this in the yard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Not terribly exciting I guess but it's the start of my Famicom collection. More on the way.

242595.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but... Namcot?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Achilles wrote: »
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance but... Namcot?!

Same as Namco. It was their home system development name for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Same as Namco. It was their home system development name for a while.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

IMG_0299_zps9e3590c3.jpg

Got all these for €30 off my mate,the pokemon crystal's memory is gone but other than that all working fine. Bargain City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I must say, that is one sexy haul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I must say, that is one sexy haul.

Only really started collecting a few months ago so asked around my year if anyone had any playstation games, was not expecting this though!
    He knew what they were worth also, just wanted a quick sale. Got Crash, Crash 2 and Crash Bash off another lad for €5 aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Never played black so looking forward to that one when the mood takes me for a shooter and taito legends 2 looks like theres a few decent games in there. Two of them for a tenner and they are mint condition. Best condition I've seen an older game in a while. I know it's only last gen but still.

980489DF-2BF6-48FD-8494-57042E9AEBA0-1633-00000370E628BC65.jpg

C1BB71D2-BE0C-4FA5-854C-89F8F1BE8C54-1633-00000370FA7F8F13.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

few gets today :)
    (apols for the giant pics :( )
    the lynx is dead sadly , may work after a cap replacement , or might need parts from another dead lynx. The GB is working fine
    Picked up the PS1 game in a charity shop here , hadnt heard of it (title sounds like a fart euphemism )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

"Out on the Guinness last night and this morning all I'm doing is dropping Silent Bombers all over the place, no phoned in warnings or nothing!"

I see what you mean Dr. Bob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Dr Bob wrote: »
    few gets today :)
    (apols for the giant pics :( )
    the lynx is dead sadly , may work after a cap replacement , or might need parts from another dead lynx. The GB is working fine
    Picked up the PS1 game in a charity shop here , hadnt heard of it (title sounds like a fart euphemism )

I've a dead lynx like that, is it the caps that go?

Master of the Universe

safetyboy wrote: »
    I've a dead lynx like that, is it the caps that go?

The Lynx is well known for failing caps. Similar to the Gamegear, you'd be well lucky to find one these days which hasn't got failed caps.

o1s1n wrote: »
    The Lynx is well known for failing caps. Similar to the Gamegear, you'd be well lucky to find one these days which hasn't got failed caps.
    yeah it looks really similar to a dead cap game gear .i.e. powers on , backlight is ok but no sound or picture.Sometimes though the only fix is a new pcb apparantly...
    while testing it I discovered my lynx 2 has gone as well. Had to solder a cable between the battery - and headphone ground to bypass some a dodgy chip to get it working.(suprisingly this is a known fix! I'll stick some video of me doing it up on me youtube channel later)

Meant to say , GameSexChange have a lynx II in the window. I didnt have time to ask how much it was (and much as I like to put business their way they can be a bit on the dear side).the lynx is a cracking handheld so if you dont have one they're worth picking up...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saw it myself and was tempted but the screen is scratchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Couldn't say no at 2euro each from a lad on adverts.

Playing gunbird at the moment. Never played it before or any of these type of games really. Good craic though.

B0A70F34-03F3-4E69-9355-3A9C76F9E952-2291-00000520FFF375F9.jpg

EA49428A-FFAC-447E-9BBF-29B42C127654-2291-000005222AE93861.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

:eek:

OculusRift2_zps53cd56ce.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Next beers at your place;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    "Out on the Guinness last night"

The crisps or the drink? or a combination of both.:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Saw the crisps in a regular form factor in the Seamus Ennis Centres coffee shop, didn't chance checking if they still tasted like ass...

Dr Bob wrote: »
    yeah it looks really similar to a dead cap game gear .i.e. powers on , backlight is ok but no sound or picture.Sometimes though the only fix is a new pcb apparantly...
    while testing it I discovered my lynx 2 has gone as well. Had to solder a cable between the battery - and headphone ground to bypass some a dodgy chip to get it working.(suprisingly this is a known fix! I'll stick some video of me doing it up on me youtube channel later)
    vidja of the fix here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

California games on the lynx - BMX \0/

Stun Runner \0/ \0/

I loves me some Stun Runner, remember the sit down version there on O'Connell St, before it became a Champion Sports. Class, shape of things to come with its dna visible in FZero and Wipeout.
    Might get one of those spinners to allow better control of such games...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Time Crisis!

TimeCrisis.jpg

And a fan I threw together to replace the US one on it ..

fan.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Collected a tasty package from Parcel Motel last night - Raiden Fighters, Raiden Fighters 2 and Viper Phase 1 with NV roms - to add to my little Seibu Kaihatsu collection. Got a few quid knocked off the price too which was nice, RF2 was already included free as the game sound is borked.

Mobo and game cart:

VMGQLVc.jpg

The SPI mobo has some interesting features, this is the second revision:

NFOlASD.jpg

AMD 386 processor, Windows Compatible :pac::

fx48sO9.jpg

Yamaha sound chip:

fl31I8d.jpg

Guessing Intel flash memory:

zYWAhM7.jpg

Game carts:

DS8lCYt.jpg
    IIz98TR.jpg
    mt8xkHT.jpg

Inside of the RF2 cart, I removed and re-seated the no. 8 chip marked as Sound1 but it didn't fix the problem. Maybe I can get a new one flashed or something. When you first plug in the cart and the game is updating the mobo, the sound there is perfect, just in game sound is botched.

vvJTqwv.jpg

Game shots; I didn't bother adjusting the screen as it's setup perfectly for Raiden at the minute. If it was a VP1 NV cart then it would say 'New Version' where all those AD, AC letterings are, game still plays as NV though which is cool:

8T80LOk.jpg
    K2yt4cr.jpg
    xg5JOdb.jpg

RF is bloody gorgeous, great soundtrack to it also, can see myself playing it alot:

WbJNDfn.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement