Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous boards there. I had a feeling you might go nuts and start buying loads of vertical boards once that monitor was tated :D

Did you know that the Raiden Fighters games were originally going to be called Gun Dogs?

Seibu decided to change them to Raiden games and then added the Raiden ships as options :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wow! Absolutely gorgeous boards there. I had a feeling you might go nuts and start buying loads of vertical boards once that monitor was tated :D

Did you know that the Raiden Fighters games were originally going to be called Gun Dogs?

Seibu decided to change them to Raiden games and then added the Raiden ships as options :)

Yeah had to treat myself, have an old school shooter incoming next week also.

I had read that alright about Gun Dogs, glad they did go with the Raiden name!

Even though I have Aces for the 360 I never really gave the Fighters games much time at all, always looked at them as poorer cousins of the earlier games. But RF at least is bloody excellent, feels like a cross between Raiden and Strikers 1945, nice fast gameplay and looks superb. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Very nice get Andrew! Pick that lot up from one if the usual forums?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Very nice get Andrew! Pick that lot up from one if the usual forums?

Cheers, yep it was AO. Going to see if I can hunt down some more Jap mobos and maybe RFJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Got Spyro 2 and 3 off a mate, but have no ps1 memory card to play them, damn!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Today has been a good day for gets!

Flip Shot kit and Shock Troopers 2nd Squad (lovely original holo label)

DSC_0116_zps35979f46.jpg

Some MVS kit pr0n

DSC_0119-1_zpsf352ee2e.jpg

DSC_0120-1_zpsf771d1c1.jpg

DSC_0146_zpsae9d2a1b.jpg

Raiden :) (Cheers Technofreek!)

DSC_0121_zpsbc900182.jpg

And...

Brain Rage!!!! :D

Fantastic prop so it is. Strange it's made for a kid's head, I really want to try it on! :(

DSC_0122-1_zps9449dc25.jpg

DSC_0124_zpse4a9070e.jpg

When you close the visor down, a load of LEDs kick into life and make a really cool effect across it.

DSC_0129-2_zpsda9fb5e8.jpg

DSC_0137-1_zps7489543c.jpg

DSC_0141-1_zpsa1621c04.jpg

DSC_0145_zps65b96c91.jpg

SD card for the game

DSC_0142-1_zps60013820.jpg
    [/quote]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Got the Slikstik controller today (cheers brianon)

and got some nice NES games for a decent price from a lovely chap on adverts
    (Gradius/Blue Shadow/Time Lord)
    Feckin' looove Gradius :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Got the Slikstik controller today (cheers brianon)

and got some nice NES games for a decent price from a lovely chap on adverts
    (Gradius/Blue Shadow/Time Lord)
    Feckin' looove Gradius :)

How much you want for the slikstik ? Wait. No. Dammit. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Today has been a good day for gets!

DSC_0141-1_zpsa1621c04.jpg

That switch is a VAG car lights switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Pity he can't wear it... I'd love to see a VAG on o1s1n's face...

Aherm. Morning all! :P

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Achilles wrote: »
    Pity he can't wear it... I'd love to see a VAG on o1s1n's face...

Aherm. Morning all! :P

Well that's me disturbed for the day, thanks :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Sad thing is because I've had to source spare parts for the car(Seat Toledo) I automatically read that as Volkswagon Auto Group instead of VAG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

DSC_0146_zpsae9d2a1b.jpg

Just as a matter of interest, do unboxed cartridges bother you guys? The likes of this here, or Snes and Gamboy games where the boxes are cardboard. I like to have the boxes from the games, but with carts, I really don't mind if they're loose.

Master of the Universe

Depends on the system with me. When it comes to Nintendo and cardboard I generally don't bother with boxes as trying to keep them in good condition drives me mad.

You'd want to see me trying to open my Panzer Dragoon Saga cardboard box, I look like a right idiot :D

Anything that comes in a plastic clamshell though has to be boxed. End of! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Boxed carts are more desirable, but unboxed is fine too. Its really down to personal taste. Personally I'm not overly pushed on Snes/Nes boxes as they're cardboard & a bit of a pain to keep.Whereas Megadrive boxes are plastic & easy to maintain store so I try get boxed Meg carts where possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

EnterNow wrote: »
    Boxed carts are more desirable, but unboxed is fine too. Its really down to personal taste. Personally I'm not overly pushed on Snes/Nes boxes as they're cardboard & a bit of a pain to keep.Whereas Megadrive boxes are plastic & easy to maintain store so I try get boxed Meg carts where possible

This is pretty much how I see it too. Megadrive cases are a lot less work, and to be honest, look better on the shelf. I'd rather have them boxed than unboxed, but I'd still never say no to a loose cart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I've started getting proper fussy when it comes to plastic cases, anything scuffed or looking like it was at all abused is rejected straight off, I might consider something if its just dirty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I have loads of Nintendo boxed games, i have them all in those plastic cases Steve recommended a while back, they are great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a decent array of Ninty titles, but only a handful of cardboard boxes for those that have them.
    Best boxes of all though is a through down between the dinky euro NGP cases and the most excellent japanese Gamecube boxes, they are fantastic, combining the thrill of cardboard with the excitement of plastic....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    they are fantastic, combining the thrill of cardboard with the excitement of plastic....

Listen to yourself man!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    Listen to yourself man!

You must not have seen a Japanese GC box. They're awe inspiring :D

You must not have seen a Japanese GC box. They're awe inspiring :D

My favourite cases by far, love them little guys :)

dscf0765b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Went mad in Dealz today, bought the following,
    PS2 to USB adapter
    DSi/3DS car adapter
    Soft phone pouch so I can bring my Snoopy Tennis or Ball with me on the go.
    A USB hub
    and
    A cd of the classic BBC radio show Around the Horne.
    All for the princely sum of €7.45!

Then into Argos next door for a 16gb usb stick for the cab, transferring "files", I nudge nudge, wink wink...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Went mad in Dealz today, bought the following,
    PS2 to USB adapter :)
    DSi/3DS car adapter :)
    Soft phone pouch so I can bring my Snoopy Tennis or Ball with me on the go. :)
    A USB hub:)
    and
    A cd of the classic BBC radio show Around the Horne. :confused::confused::confused:
    All for the princely sum of €7.45!

Then into Argos next door for a 16gb usb stick for the cab, transferring "files", I nudge nudge, wink wink...

It could have been worse you could have bought a copy of DJ Hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

deathrider wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest, do unboxed cartridges bother you guys? The likes of this here, or Snes and Gamboy games where the boxes are cardboard. I like to have the boxes from the games, but with carts, I really don't mind if they're loose.

I personally think that cart's cardboard boxes are annoying. Everything disk based must have original cases though. If the case is plastic it will last, the cardboard ones age really badly unless your going to vacume seal them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

couple of impulse buys from CeX

001_zpsa79c0f58.jpg?t=1362423345

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I picked up Resident Evil: Code Veronica X in a charity shop not too long ago for 50c.

I must actually find it again and play it.

I have the jap version for the DC, looks very nice in it's sleeve.
    I only ever played the first hour or less, never went back....

I have the jap version for the DC, looks very nice in it's sleeve.
    I only ever played the first hour or less, never went back....

Think I have 4 copies on various systems :rolleyes: still had to download the xbla version, did go back through it again though at the time, brought back some good memories, I remember thinking the boss fight on the plane at the time was the end of the game!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

deathrider wrote: »

If it doesnt have cardboard go away out of it will ya. I use to ask if the game was boxed but now its more is the box with its game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement