Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Finishing off my Xbox, Gamecube and N64 collections.
    image2.jpeg

And look what just arrived from Japan. :D It's sooooo good and feels really natural.

image3.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loooove Diddy Kong Racing!
    Haaaate DK 64!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Loooove Diddy Kong Racing!
    Haaaate DK 64!

Don't say that, I loved diddy kong back in the day so I know that's good but this is the first time I have played DK64. I chose perfect dark over it as my expansion pack purchase many moons ago and always wondered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Parawind wrote: »
    Finishing off my Xbox, Gamecube and N64 collections.
    image2.jpeg

And look what just arrived from Japan. :D It's sooooo good and feels really natural.

image3.jpg
    What? No Shadow the Hedgehog?!

Achilles wrote: »
    What? No Shadow the Hedgehog?!

Oh I considered it but then I decided to stab out my eyes instead. :P

• Advertisement

Loved Dreamfall:LJ, really needs a sequel.

Loved Dreamfall:LJ, really needs a sequel.

Then you'll be please to see it looks like it will double its kick starter goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey/posts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd kill for one of those N64 Hori controllers. No more duff N64 joysticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,168 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd kill for one of those N64 Hori controllers. No more duff N64 joysticks.

Yeah, one of the main reasons I don't really play n64 games is the horrid controller. They may in fact be enjoyable with one of those Hori ones.

anybody ever use the thrustmaster stingray 64 controller?
    without doubt the worst controller I've ever used.

stingray.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Yuck!

I always wondered why the majority of 3rd party controllers seemed to religiously follow the design of the official ones.

You think that they'd try to improve the design, therefore making their controller the one to own rather than the original. (Like what Hori did with the above one)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well to be fair the Hori controller just copied the Gamecube design (it came out after the GC release afaik)

Master of the Universe

Well to be fair the Hori controller just copied the Gamecube design (it came out after the GC release afaik)

They definitely saw the GC controller and built on it, but I wouldn't call it a copy. Ergonomically they're more different than say the 360 and the WiiU. It's a valid design in itself I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Bit of a bargain find:

Phoenix-Wright.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Bit of a bargain find:

Phoenix-Wright.jpg
    I object to this haul...

....hurrrrr

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I finally picked up Lollipop Chainsaw today, for the 360, in Gamestop for the princely sum of €14.99!
    And that's a new copy too!

I'm still looking for Justice for All :(

I finally picked up Lollipop Chainsaw today, for the 360, in Gamestop for the princely sum of €14.99!

Balbriggan Gamestop? Was going to pick it up then discovered that not only have DIT not managed to pay me for the 4 weeks I've worked there so far but they managed to get my dole cut as well. **** :/ just hope there's another copy left.

There's more than a few, from what I can see, and I wouldn't think your standard casual gamer even see's it on the shelves, too busy trying to spend €70 on Call of Honour 6 or something to notice.... saps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I think that's about it's worth tbh, it's good craic but can get a bit too repetitive, even moreso than LA Noire or Bayonetta.

• Advertisement

I was just up in gamestop talking to my mates,
    they all work there,
    they were telling me one of them sold some rare figure that came in to some young fella and its worth 200+ quid!
    he got it for 15.Said the stock they get in is random in a box.skylark or something.

I also got a DL copy of crysis 1 for 360 and a simcity mouse mat!

a trio of snes goodnews for me today :)

dscf0770x.jpg

and......

dscf0768d.jpg

I have to stop buying games, I haven't had the time to finish stuff I got last year, Driver, Halo Remastered, and now I have a load of current gen stuff that's not going to get attention either!
    I now have about 85 Xbox 360 games!
    Madness I tells ya!
    And I'm spending most of my time fecking about with the Mame on the cab, getting it set up right, tinkering away!

Very fast service from arcadeuk in eBay, ordered on Thursday morning, arrived via Parcel Motel this morning!
    Got a new set of P1/P2 buttons, set of 12 pcb feet and the speaker amp and volume control.
    Now to fit them later on this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Very fast service from arcadeuk in eBay, ordered on Thursday morning, arrived via Parcel Motel this morning!
    Got a new set of P1/P2 buttons, set of 12 pcb feet and the speaker amp and volume control.
    Now to fit them later on this evening

You could also use the feet to decase/mount the PC mobo

KeRbDoG wrote: »

You could also use the feet to decase/mount the PC mobo

Once it's not failing!
    The pc in the cab fails to make it past the windows XP loading screen about 25% of the time. On slightly rarer occasions it fails to shut down too. Once these matters are sorted I'll decase the pc and unshell Hyperspin.
    I have a feeling that the screen issue is driver related. Online help is patchy at best best

I have to stop buying games, I haven't had the time to finish stuff I got last year, Driver, Halo Remastered, and now I have a load of current gen stuff that's not going to get attention either!
    I now have about 85 Xbox 360 games!
    Madness I tells ya!
    And I'm spending most of my time fecking about with the Mame on the cab, getting it set up right, tinkering away!

Know how ya feel, I am picking up this gens games when they hit the sweet spot price point knowing I don't have the time to play them. Because In a year or two the non AAA titles will sky rocket in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Balbriggan Gamestop? Was going to pick it up then discovered that not only have DIT not managed to pay me for the 4 weeks I've worked there so far but they managed to get my dole cut as well. **** :/ just hope there's another copy left.

I should hope your dole was cut after being employed for four weeks. Otherwise, you better get used to bread & water :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    I should hope your dole was cut after being employed for four weeks. Otherwise, you better get used to bread & water :D

I'm only getting 2-4 hours on wednesdays so still entitled to some money. DIT just managed to make such a mess of the paper work that not only have they not paid me but managed to get me totally cut from payments leaving me with nothing for the last 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Had a decent get this morning! Paid €65 for this lot form a seller on adverts, which I think is about right.

The Micro is in good condition with a few scuffs and scrapes but the screen is perfect, the GBA is wel used but good and hopefully wil look nice after a clean up. a few of the carts are Repros which is a shame but not the end of the world.

Have never played Pokemon of any description so looking forward to giving that a go!

I'll be putting a few of these bits, including my other Micro up to trade/sell next week sometime.

244310.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement