Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

Savage!
    Did you bring it in from the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

purplec wrote: »
    New arrival, waiting for the bro to tell me if he wants it. Might keep it and flog an atomiswave or a naomi

Nice get Ciaran!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

urbanledge wrote: »
    Savage!
    Did you bring it in from the UK?

Yeah just got it today from the uk, excellent service.

Thanks Techno.

Will open it up tonight get a few pics inside and with a few games on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Yeah just got it today from the uk, excellent service.

Thanks Techno.

Will open it up tonight get a few pics inside and with a few games on it

How did you get it over? Delivery man Martin someway involved?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

244855.jpg
    2 quid total for r-type final complete and slypheed (disc only) on ps2 in gametop ..nice one :)(usually its just boogie and deal or no deal there these days)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Dr Bob wrote: »
    244855.jpg
    2 quid total for r-type final complete and slypheed (disc only) on ps2 in gametop ..nice one :)(usually its just boogie and deal or no deal there these days)

That is ooonnnnneeeeeee bbbbbbbbiiiiiigggggggg picture !!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Its Alive

the screen is really good, very happy with it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0 is really slipping, normally a picture or mention of the brilliant R-Type Final will illicit an immediate response, but now, nothing.....
    Could we be losing him, losing him to Jamma+?

Or worse?

The Playstation forum????

Its Alive

the screen is really good, very happy with it

thats class.
    What you going to do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

8558516987_74f3615a52_b.jpg

The cover is a bit eh.....

• Advertisement

TITS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Diddies!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tits!
    tits_1597927i.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRC4Zfi2U_ZmtqZyU9TverY1i_FcVCLcdQFrmwbAKXZLDIGaHzp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

tumblr_lc6xn5frDY1qdw17ho1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Airbags

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

safetyboy wrote: »
    The cover is a bit eh.....

Mine is on the way, and I'm hoping the packaging is intact so I don't get some really weird looks from my family.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mine is on the way, and I'm hoping the packaging is intact so I don't get some really weird looks from my family.

You telling me you've never gotten weird looks from them before? What with your taste in film and fondness for 'dog-poop-soup in a bowl'. :pac:

And to continue the theme (although the first Google Images pic was much nicer :D):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGHaCt1wUn_I3ahIjv6aitcg8QZ3Kma-Z_m_ZgguVcwncHihRBJQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

BarredOwls2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

These were on sale in Smyths. I also got an extra 3DS Stand {KI: Uprising Version} for free. Yoink

fp867p.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    These were on sale in Smyths. I also got an extra 3DS Stand {KI: Uprising Version} for free. Yoink

I'm seriously buying you a new keyboard for chrimbo! :P

How is the 3DS library in general these days? Decent amount of quality games? The 3D effect still impresses?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm seriously buying you a new keyboard for chrimbo! :P

How is the 3DS library in general these days? Decent amount of quality games? The 3D effect still impresses?

Who needs a number nine key :P Aye the 3DS is still kind of emerging software wise, there's a good bit of stuff out now. Not as much as I'd like, but software seems to flow out steadily enough these days

Who needs a number nine key :P Aye the 3DS is still kind of emerging software wise, there's a good bit of stuff out now. Not as much as I'd like, but software seems to flow out steadily enough these days

Really a top year for the 3ds, some great titles coming in the next few weeks/months:

monster hunter 3
    animal crossing 3ds
    luigis mansion
    shin megami tensai ds overclocked
    etrian oddessy iv
    code of princess
    fire emblem awakening

The thing about the 3DS is I refuse to pay €45/50 for a handheld game, so I buy for it only when I can find a bargain

The thing about the 3DS is I refuse to pay €45/50 for a handheld game, so I buy for it only when I can find a bargain

true some are harder to find 2nd hand though, tales of being one example of a game i found impossible to find preowned, although gamestop website is a bit cheaper than instore most new releases are €35 iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

2nd hand all the way with 3ds games. The only one I bought new was mario 3d that came with it and I didnt buy that santa did.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    2nd hand all the way with 3ds games. The only one I bought new was mario 3d that came with it and I didnt buy that santa did.

Definitely. The likes of the Nintendo games rarely drop too much, so when I seen Starfox for €14 it had to be bought. Also Kid Icarus I've been threatening to buy for ages, so when the Smyths lady found the last copy of it they had I was just in time :) That was €19.99 in the big box with stand etc. Sales & 2nd hand is the only way to buy for the 3DS as I find it generally too expensive otherwise

Also be wary when buying used, Kid Icarus for the game only was €34.99 second hand, while the brand new big box version has been €19.99 for a good while. I seen a good few used games in Smyths today that were more expensive than their brand new counterparts. It helps to compare like for like, as there can be some good deals out there for new stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

HMV is where I got my 3DS games. :(

Went through a phase of buying a good few of them, but haven't bought one now in ages. Hasn't really been anything new that I've been interested in.

• Advertisement

I haven't bought a 3DS game in a while, NSMB 2 and Paper Mario look great but cost a lot.
    But, as mentioned, not much point in waiting for a price drop, Mario 64 on the DS is still selling for around the €35 mark.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement