Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

still in two minds over whether to buy a 3ds or not.
    can't use the 3d part, so would be purely for a few specific games (code of princess, layton, virtues last reward, etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

still in two minds over whether to buy a 3ds or not.
    can't use the 3d part, so would be purely for a few specific games (code of princess, layton, virtues last reward, etc.)

I'd say if you can get one on the cheap then do. I rarely use the 3D when playing games anyway as it tires out my eyes. I'd say it'll go the same way as the ds with a lot of great little niche games on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

do you think it's worth the extra to get an XL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

do you think it's worth the extra to get an XL?

Depends really. The screen is lovely on the xl but it does feel a bit cheap and it's b bit bulky to be carrying around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Id go for the 3ds xl if it helps to advoid the claw effect from playing some games.b

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Would the XL not significantly increase the claw effect? Requires further stretching...

I still think the shoulder buttons and edges on the standard model needed a less harsh curvature or some sort of soft padding. Just not comfortable as is especially for anything more than short sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The shoulder buttons are far too angled alright. It really is not comfortable during long sessions of play.

I've never played the XL version, but really am not a fan of the finish on it. Looks too matt and cheap or something.

XL looks cheaper alright but I like it far more comfortable for long play sessions, particularly for adult sized hands :) small one is chronic hard on the handsafter an hour or so. Btw isint the CPP add on for the xl due sometime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Sorry, to post again. probably the last time:

Just put up my US PS2 with a bunch of PS1/2 rpgs. Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Xenosaga etc

http://www.adverts.ie/2797132

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

small one is chronic hard on the handsafter an hour or so

Yeah it really is, it made OoT a physically painful game to play at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

XL looks cheaper alright but I like it far more comfortable for long play sessions, particularly for adult sized hands :) small one is chronic hard on the handsafter an hour or so. Btw isint the CPP add on for the xl due sometime soon?

I ordered my CPP from a japanese seller on ebay, there is still no date for a European release and I got fed up waiting. It arrived yesterday and the XL now looks like Frankenstein's monster. It's like the size of a game gear now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

At least you won't look as dumb as mk1 Ngage owner!
    Poor b@stards....

Master of the Universe

Woohoo! Nano Assault EX has finally been released in Europe! I've been waiting months for a physical EU release. It's eshop only, but I didn't think that would even ever happen. At least I now get to play the damn game. Only 15 euro. Download it now!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Woohoo! Nano Assault EX has finally been released in Europe! I've been waiting months for a physical EU release. It's eshop only, but I didn't think that would even ever happen. At least I now get to play the damn game. Only 15 euro. Download it now!!

Is it better than the WiiU game, because I did not enjoy that at all, and I normally live for twin stick shooters.
    And €15, still steep no?

Master of the Universe

€15 is a bargain, it feels more like a retail release which you'd pay about €40 in a shop.

I haven't played the WiiU version. Is that just twin stick levels? So far I'm up to level 4 and there have been three twin stick levels and an on rails level through tunnels similar to Kid Icarus or Sin and Punishment.

To be honest, I can't stay interested in the game long enough to find out!
    Finished the first chapter and it seems like a shallow twin stick with pretty but repetitive visuals.
    Geometry Wars 2 is a far better game and a lot older, imho

Master of the Universe

I don't really like twin stick shooters at all. Smash TV is about the height of it! More interested in seeing what these other levels are like.

Skip to 40 seconds and you'll see what I mean.

Not be all negative about the game, but is anyone else thinking of Microcosm in that into the screen section?
    And we know how well regarded that game is!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not be all negative about the game, but is anyone else thinking of Microcosm in that into the screen section?
    And we know how well regarded that game is!

Ah it looks pretty interesting, there's a lot worse one could do with €15 methinks. Is this on the 3DS & the Wii U...any benefit to owning one over the other?

Master of the Universe

Well it's one of those 3DS games where you'll actually leave the 3D on, so I guess that's a reason to go with that one!

• Advertisement

Well it's one of those 3DS games where you'll actually leave the 3D on, so I guess that's a reason to go with that one!

Pity theres no physical release, buying digitally for a Ninty console where content is tied to the console rather then the account always bothers me. If the console borks your basically gonna lose everything bought for it

Almost bought the stellar Mr Cavanaghs VVVVVV instead, but bowed to peer pressure and got Nano Assault, it's a better game than the WiiU title.
    Then, due to my existing balance of 3.01 and the €20 I had to top up by, it looks like I've enough for VVVVVV as well.... unless something else shiny distracts me along the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Cider ,
    How do you feel about the controls on Nano Assault ?
    I bought it a couple of days ago and only played it one time but I had a hard time controlling the direction of the bullets I fired , I have a 3DS XL and no Circle Pad Pro yet so are restricted to the right buttons as fire direction instead of a second analogue control pad .

The right hand buttons to direct fire is a fudge, I left my CPP at home so I'll try it later.
    Just tried the first few levels and the whole thing feels as weak as the one on the WiiU.
    Bugger!

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Pity theres no physical release, buying digitally for a Ninty console where content is tied to the console rather then the account always bothers me. If the console borks your basically gonna lose everything bought for it

FUUUU!!!

I did not know this. I assumed as Nintendo have accounts with all your games listed, you could transfer it over to a new system if your 3DS got stolen or something.

Just looked it up and yeah, you're kind of borked if that happens. Seriously going to have to reconsider my 3DS Eshop purchasing now :(

Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    Cider ,
    How do you feel about the controls on Nano Assault ?
    I bought it a couple of days ago and only played it one time but I had a hard time controlling the direction of the bullets I fired , I have a 3DS XL and no Circle Pad Pro yet so are restricted to the right buttons as fire direction instead of a second analogue control pad .

Yeah if you want a true twin stick experience then you need the CPP. Twin stick games are always really annoying using face buttons for shooting directions. It's kinda sore! :(

FUUUU!!!

I did not know this. I assumed as Nintendo have accounts with all your games listed, you could transfer it over to a new system if your 3DS got stolen or something.

Just looked it up and yeah, you're kind of borked if that happens. Seriously going to have to reconsider my 3DS Eshop purchasing now :(

Yeah its pretty archaic in this day & age to have content tied to the console only. I think I heard they were planning to change it eventually so content is tied to your account instead, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It really stops me purchasing a lot on the eShop.

You can transfer your games over to another 3DS if both are working and still in your possession .
    When I bought my XL I transfered all my games, free ambassador games included over to my XL leaving the original console blank .

Master of the Universe

That's the thing, I'd never have a reason to transfer games over to another console unless it went missing or was broken.

And in those cases, the transfer wouldn't be possible :( Seems like the only use for that is that exact reason, going from a 3DS to an XL version.

• Advertisement

As far as I know if yours is broken or stolen you can contact Nintendo by telephone and they will assist you to recover your games .
    That´s what I read on NeoGaf .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement