Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is the fire emblem edition 3ds an xl?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Good day today,
    1- Atavans drunken postings overnight provided much mirth while getting ready for work!
    2- Getting to work I find the following
    (i) Copy of Muchi Muchi Pork/ Pink Sweets, thankfully in a paper padded envelope so no one could see the risque cover!
    (ii) My copy of Mother 2/Earthbound! Thanks EnterNow!
    (iii) My new Cthulhu Tee!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Good day today for me, playasia have fire emblem back in stock which means they are posting my order from one month ago.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is the fire emblem edition 3ds an xl?

No, just a regular one, pretty silly tbh, only xl special one is the pikachu one iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

The European version of the Fire Emblem 3DS is an XL

Amazon link

It was the American one that was a regular one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Game is pre installed though. Don't know why but id rather have the game case so it can be stacked with the rest.
    Yellow one is gone expensive on amazon though, I wonder if its cheaper anywhere else?

Much rather have the physical copy of the game tbh and you'll find it cheaper then eshop one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not impressed with Nano Assault at all tbh, even with the CPP.
    And the boss battles are not fun... Or is it just me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got my first piece of FrancoB engineering in the post, a 3.5mm audio jack for a jamma harness. The quality is stellar! Absolute bargain for the work that went into it.

DSC_0192-1_zpsfaa9dab1.jpg

Master of the Universe

Tested out that cable, works perfectly.

Like I fool I did the oul 'it's not working! It's not working!' freakout, hired the arcade board up loads, then hit the switch and the game comes full blast through the arcade speakers, almost taking my head off. :pac:

Just gotta find a way now of threading the jack out somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

This landed today. Gonna keep it fully stock & finally enjoy the likes of Journey etc etc. Was more or less the exact same price as a regular black 500GB model with no game. The wonders of Super Saver Delivery really...

2ug1d8j.jpg

You bought a PS3!
    Awesome!
    Now you can run out and play...
    Resistance!
    Killzone 2+3!
    Haze!

Did you keep the receipt, perchance? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You bought a PS3!
    Awesome!
    Resistance!
    Killzone 2+3!
    Haze!

Well you could say the same about any other console too, they all have their fair share of turd. Truth be told there is some PS3 stuff that has me interested, & with the PS4 being non-bc, your gonna need a PS3 to play PS3 stuff {short of streaming}. It does have one redeeming feature though, there was no Move! kit in the box :D

I just got a MVS 1 slot in the post and a couple of carts.
    I was surprised to find it was the small form factor one with the socket bios!
    and I slapped it in and my compression problem was totally gone!
    nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

You bought a PS3!
    Awesome!
    3D Dot Game Heroes!
    Yakuza 3+4!
    Valkyria Chronicles

Fixed that for you!

unexpected arrival this morning, completely forgot I had it preordered! even more of a surprise and something to look forward to this evening :)

dscf0791d.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What is it? Judging by the hairstyles it has to be some sort of JRPG? Or maybe a fighting game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Andrew76 wrote: »
    What is it? Judging by the hairstyles it has to be some sort of JRPG? Or maybe a fighting game. :)

Think it's Ginga Force, newish region free shmup.

blag wrote: »
    Think it's Ginga Force, newish region free shmup.

Cool.

Speaking of shmups, it seems the PS3 might be getting a port of Ketsui. If it's anything like the 360 port then defo worth picking up for PS3 loving shmups (if there's such a thing).

Have my Dodonpachi Saidaioujou 360 pre-order in so looking forward to that when it's released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cool.

Have my Dodonpachi Saidaioujou 360 pre-order in so looking forward to that when it's released.

Any Idea if its region free?

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    Any Idea if its region free?

NTSC-J I'm afraid. Like most of the 360 ports I think and the main reason I got my 360 modded. Actually must put it back inside the cab now the monitor is rotated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Looks like I'm gonna have to mad mine. :)

safetyboy wrote: »
    Looks like I'm gonna have to mad mine. :)

Have a few mad'ed console's here myself, there great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

kinda OT, got these 8bit glasses
    DSC_2486.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Sera wrote: »
    kinda OT, got these 8bit glasses
    display_images%2F8221_D.jpg&w=305&h=350

Love it!

Can you get prescription lenses in them or are they hipster stylie fake ones?
    Looks great

Master of the Universe

This is seriously choosing games over food. Finally snagged one of my favourite shmups. Couldn't let it pass at the price he was asking for. (and it was the main feckin reason I bought that ST-V board!)

Souky-1_zps0004581a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Can you get prescription lenses in them or are they hipster stylie fake ones?
    Looks great
    Hipster ones sadly but these were super cheap, I think there's better made ones you could get the right lenses in yourself (sad mine had mine had none at all, would love to get prescription lenses in them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Couple of wii bits, New Play Control Pikmin because I've been wanting to play pikmin for ages and a Wii classic controller despite the fact that I recently swore no more Nintendo branded pieces of white plastic would enter this house.

Its actually not as uncomfortable as I thought but I Imagine for prolonged sessions it would get quite cramped.

Both Pretty much mint and got from the flea bay for almost nearly nothing, also Have Donkey Kong Country Returns on it's way for €15 delivered which I was happy with as I've never seen it for less than €35 retail.

245807.jpg

• Advertisement

Where did you get Kong Returns for so little?
    That's brilliant, well done, it's one of those titles I really must pick up, it's annoying how Ninty titles really aren't depreciating even though the Wii is old hat now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement