Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Where did you get Kong Returns for so little?
    That's brilliant, well done, it's one of those titles I really must pick up, it's annoying how Ninty titles really aren't depreciating even though the Wii is old hat now.

I just got lucky with Kong, found it up for action in the UK and actually got it a few quid cheaper than my maximum bid, dumb luck really.

The Wii really is old hat now, there are hundreds upon hundreds of Wii bundles up on Adverts, nearly all of them packed full of kiddies shovel ware. There are lots of good games for it and most of them didn't sell in big numbers at all so they make for good collectables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

There are lots of good games for it and most of them didn't sell in big numbers at all so they make for good collectables.

Wii must have;)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sin-and-Punishment-Successor-of-the-Skies-Nintendo-Wii-New-Sealed-/350735899540?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item51a97d1b94

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Bargain price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

o1s1n wrote: »
    This is seriously choosing games over food. Finally snagged one of my favourite shmups. Couldn't let it pass at the price he was asking for. (and it was the main feckin reason I bought that ST-V board!)

Souky-1_zps0004581a.jpg

You Dear Sir have good taste :D

Now go find Shienryu :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Damn you Monkeykube, if that is your real name!
    I went and bought it!!!!

You won't regret it, it's money well spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

o1s1n wrote: »
    This is seriously choosing games over food. Finally snagged one of my favourite shmups. Couldn't let it pass at the price he was asking for. (and it was the main feckin reason I bought that ST-V board!)

Souky-1_zps0004581a.jpg

Can't say I'm familiar with this game. For shame.

Where did you pick up that bad boy from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up this lovely today (and a dodgy 3DO)

8576115686_b2686f47d5_c.jpg

Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    You Dear Sir have good taste :D

Now go find Shienryu :pac:

Andrew76 put me in the direction of Shienryu, looks really interesting. I'll be on the lookout for it once I secure a vertical cab ;)

Can't say I'm familiar with this game. For shame.

Where did you pick up that bad boy from?

Never heard of Souky?! :eek:

Only one of the greatest shmups of all time. The Saturn port is one of the best games on the system.

I picked it up over on Arcade Otaku. Offered a guy €90 delivered for a cart of it recently but he wouldn't let it go that cheap. He was however nice to send me a pm linking me to a sales thread which went up today for the one I snagged for considerably less :)

Sounds like you need to get this as well Oisin just to keep Souky company..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sounds like you need to get this as well Oisin just to keep Souky company..

£250 for RS + mobo seems a bit steep to me. Might be wrong but I thought RS was around the £120 mark or so? Here's a Jap STV mobo with the supposedly crap Decathlete for only £50 incl p&p: link. So you'd be able to snag RS for well under £200 I would imagine.

Although the seller in your link did have a phoenixed AvP for a great price.

Master of the Universe

He's selling off loads of his gear for exactly what he paid for it - which I think is brilliant (got my Souky from him)

The cheaper Radiant Silvergun STV carts I've seen on ebay all seem to be bootlegs/conversions. I think the real deal goes for a few quid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Before you put money down on the arcade Radiant Silvergun just remember you might be better off getting the saturn version which has a tonne of extra's like new bosses, levels and modes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

[IMG][/img]70310AE2-0E30-43A0-AF71-A80F9EA51072-188-0000000BAF7902C6_zpsfd257344.jpg

I think this is my first game related get post of the year! Shockingly poor gaming year for me so far but I was being all grown up and responsible and sorted other things first.
    I did however get some lovely books so not all bad.

The two nes games were courtesy of The Grouch, if ever a moniker was misleading its that one. Major appreciation his way.

Love the artwork on the Bionic Commando. State of the art and the premium arcade company.

State of the art not really used to push an item anymore, is it?

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Before you put money down on the arcade Radiant Silvergun just remember you might be better off getting the saturn version which has a tonne of extra's like new bosses, levels and modes.

Yeah, I already have it for that very reason. I would like the ST-V version though so I can play the arcade game in my cab :)

I wouldn't mind a Bootleg RS Cart if it's cheap, I have a free Cotton Boomerang that came with the mobo for free and it works perfectly .

I'm not the biggest fan of Radiant Silvergun but playing it on a cab is a plus and might change my mind .

Anyone know what the Saturn version minus spine card goes for these days? Ebay seems to suggest somewhere around the €100 mark excl. postage.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the Saturn version minus spine card goes for these days? Ebay seems to suggest somewhere around the €100 mark excl. postage.

That's what I paid for my one (can't remember if it came with a spine though, I think it did).

I've seen it listed everywhere from €100 to €200. Seem to go for the lower end, but sometimes auctions ended with bids up to around €130.

Best to have a gawk at ebay ended auctions to be sure!

My ebay Copy of Donkey Kong arrived, totally mint, the stars haven't even been used and the disk looks like it can't have been used more than once or twice.

245906.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »

I personally would try a wanted ad on the Shmups forum to avoid Ebay pricing .

Casey120 wrote: »
    I personally would try a wanted ad on the Shmups forum to avoid Ebay pricing .

Cheers but I'd be selling not buying if anything. ;)

Then Ebay is where it's at :pac:

My ebay Copy of Donkey Kong arrived, totally mint, the stars haven't even been used and the disk looks like it can't have been used more than once or twice.

245906.jpg

Somewhat unsurprisingly it is great fun! It is however well tough, halfway through the 2nd world and getting my a$$ kicked!:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll have to scour the interweb for such bargains!
    I find my Wii library is small, given the twin evils of soft modding and the external hdd.
    Slowly building it up though, but need to find the classics at reasonable prices, this late into a consoles life I am genuinely surprised at the continued premium the really good titles are set at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I'll have to scour the interweb for such bargains!
    I find my Wii library is small, given the twin evils of soft modding and the external hdd.
    Slowly building it up though, but need to find the classics at reasonable prices, this late into a consoles life I am genuinely surprised at the continued premium the really good titles are set at.

Get on it asap, I been doing it for the last few months and the Nintendo first party titles are getting expensive. The later Wii titles seem to have gotten smaller print runs and since the Wii u is backwards compatible people are hovering them up.

Try finding a copy of Kirby's adventure on Wii, it costs 50+ on eBay.

2013-03-22%252010.10.35.jpg
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Argh! New thread for it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That is one massive package you have.

• Advertisement

Did you sell the carpet to pay for it ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement