Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Did you sell the carpet to pay for it ?

Looks like a side-shed, very handy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There'll be a photo of the cab standing idle while Urbanledge is sitting in the box playing, pretending it's a space ship... possible Vic Viper....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And thanks to The Last Bandit for the freebie Video Card for my Mame setup!
    Kerbdog and myself will be setting it up tonight, can't wait!!!

And just to amaze all, so that Urbanledge doesn't get all the glory, I got my hole saw bits from Lidl!
    Steady on now, did I excite everyone too much with that?
    Might have to give some warning in future....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Ciderman was tellling me about it, whenever we were there before the last time afaik
    IMG_20130322_1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Some MD goodies arrived today.
    All complete & in excellent condition.

D1yBWJh.jpg

I2lhqrJ.png

14f0pcd.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

That Aero Blasters is excellent, tried it for the first time not so long ago, via emulator on the cab and was impressed.
    As much as I am enamoured with Thunderforce 3 & 4 and Gley Lancer, Aero Blasters is pretty nice.
    A great haul, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Found a brand new Mushihimesama LE for the PS2 .

DSCF5877.jpg

Define "found", where and how much, if I'm not being indelicate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

There's some great jap gets going on.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Define "found", where and how much, if I'm not being indelicate!

Shmups forum for € 75,00 shipped, not to shabby for a sealed LE .

Casey120 wrote: »

Shmups forum for € 75,00 shipped, not to shabby for a sealed LE .

Very nice, well done indeedy.
    I have it emulated on the cab and it is a fantastic game, I get some slowdown in the first few seconds for game play but I think there is some filtering in the background that's costing me some power.

These PS2 Mushi LE´s where pretty expensive for a while, even the normal version went for close to € 100,- still last year but the release of the much nicer 360 HD version took it's toll on the price ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Dipped into the candy cab fund to pick this up off Oisin. Most of the cost was covered by an N64 console I rehomed on Adverts during the week. It's boxed and modded and plays as good as it looks, a tidy stick all-round.
    p1020593qp.jpg

I went wild and bought Ridge Racer 7 for the PS3 and House of the Dead 2+3 with Deadly Creatures for the Wii, spending the total sum of €20.

Deadly Creatures is an odd one, having actors of the calibre of Billy Bob Thornton and the late Denis Hopper in a game like this is interesting, I barely played it at launch and don't envisage playing much of it now but it is, well, interesting, the muted pallette and realistic visuals, coupled with jumps and special moves.

This morning SH3 arrived and some pixel heart jewellery from Penneys of all places. One of my lolita friends on FB bought it in the UK, I had admired it and couldn't buy me a 2nd set it was all gone, eventually she ended up selling it to me last week.

DSC_2527.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Dipped into the candy cab fund to pick this up off Oisin. Most of the cost was covered by an N64 console I rehomed on Adverts during the week. It's boxed and modded and plays as good as it looks, a tidy stick all-round.
    p1020593qp.jpg

will definitely give a more realistic feel to the forklift driving in Shenmue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Sera wrote: »
    This morning SH3 arrived and some pixel heart jewellery from Penneys of all places. One of my lolita friends on FB bought it in the UK, I had admired it and couldn't buy me a 2nd set it was all gone, eventually she ended up selling it to me last week.

DSC_2527.jpg

I really enjoyed Silent Hll 3....the last Silent Hill game I actually enjoyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just got an email saying my Hyrule Historia is in stock and ready to be shipped. Had completely forgotten about that :)

I really enjoyed Silent Hll 3....the last Silent Hill game I actually enjoyed
    Watched someone clear 2 start to finish, played some bits in it but not much. We had SH1 on for the Halloween beers. So I only really played and finished 4 and HATED it, I know 3 can't be as bad.

• Advertisement

Silent Hill 2, scared the beejebus out of me!

Silent Hill 2, scared the beejebus out of me!
    It is but that's why it's fun! Like "ALYSSA!"
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9UNdECQtWWv7m-F58u-bVoNd1MPauYcqUyK1RCfYpcFZYMr8NDQ

I'm, ironically, still not man enough to revisit the scary Rule of Rose!
    Just creepy!
    Same with Kuos, sitting there, watching me..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cover art has really gone down the ****ter these days. Two of the most absurd and misrepresentative covers help make up today's double haul:

orjkft.jpg

Bioshock at least is reversible!

ra3f37.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, that first Bioshock cover almost puts me to sleep. How utterly bland and sh1t.

Whenever I try to browse through a shelf full of modern games in Gamestop, my eye can't focus on any of them. All there is, is a sea of sh1t covers of space marines with guns, cool bad ass dudes with guns, tits with guns, cars with guns, guns with guns... ad nauseum.

I'm, ironically, still not man enough to revisit the scary Rule of Rose!
    Just creepy!
    Same with Kuos, sitting there, watching me..
    we don't want you to HNNNNG either, I'll just play it for you :pac:
    haven't played Kuon yet myself after wanting it for so long, too much of a headcold to enjoy it atm

The current gen has nothing like Kuon or Rule of Rose, it seems, maybe the indie stuff on the PC or Deadly Premonition, but few full, brave releases out there, just crap like Dead Space 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rule of Rose wasn't too scary, it was more of a mind****. It got pretty weird and cruel but it eventually starts to make sense towards the end. Then it just gets really depressing.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rule of Rose wasn't too scary, it was more of a mind****. It got pretty weird and cruel but it eventually starts to make sense towards the end. Then it just gets really depressing.
    I was scared when Brown wasn't there :(

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Most of what I do for a living IS a mind****, so any extra mind****age is really mind****age too much!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement