Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jaysus Pyong, I didn't even know Urotsukidoji Perfect Collection even HAD a LD release! Looks amazing.

Yep. It got a DVD and VHS release too on the same Anime 18 label, BUT those are amazingly censored versions too.

Hence the Laserdisc Box Set is still the actual jewel in the crown. You just can't find the series presented this way anywhere else. Unless it's a bootleg of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Aye, I've never seen the whole thing uncut and in the way it was intended to be screened across the 5 chapters. Looking forward to it and hoping the story makes more sense!

You're in for a treat. It's a great anime which unfortunately gets labeled as 'crap hentai' way too much. The Perfect Collection was released on DVD a while back but it's nowhere near as nicely presented as that Laserdisc. You seriously have me wanting to start a collection.

Where'd you get that mini Astro cab? I've always wanted some of those mini cabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Got a nice little bundle of stuff, the condition is a bit varying but mostly good...! Also came with a yellowed SNES and less yellowed NES which I'll probably shift onwards. Was just happy to get LoZ and Castlevania.

bvBGi0Jl.jpg

XIzKqp2l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Castlevania nice! Missed out on that myself recently was major raging like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

That Batman game is a bit more expensive than your regular run of the mill NES games too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have that one, unboxed though, it looks and plays great.
    Along with Parodius and Gradius 2 II it's one one of those games that looks too good to be on the Nes/Famicom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have that Batman game fully boxed. Came as a part of a boxed NES lot I picked up back in a secondhand shop years and years ago.

Man, I miss though second hand shop finds. They were good days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Castlevania nice! Missed out on that myself recently was major raging like.

:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

:o:o:o

Lol. Don't sweat it, you went above and beyond. Haven't got a chance to play those other two yet either! :mad:

Nice get arrived with the postie this morning, must admit I thought I'd forgotten the missus birthday when i seen the colored envelope :)
    looking forward to getting stuck in after work, looks great!! grats and many thanks....

dscf0794g.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just got my ones too! Looks class from what I can tell. Bloody stuck in the office today of all days. :rolleyes:

Excellent job Pyong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

IMAG0605_zpsaaae1dc4.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    I have that Batman game fully boxed. Came as a part of a boxed NES lot I picked up back in a secondhand shop years and years ago.

Man, I miss though second hand shop finds. They were good days.

Some people just have some special mutant powers when it comes to charity/second hand shops and great retrogaming finds.
    I was going to comment about what I usually find but last time I did that I got abuse from some charity shop defender who objected to my use of the words "smell", "of" and "pee", despite the obvious jocular intent, so I won't use them again.....

The missus just told me theres a shiny envelope at home for me!
    nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

urbanledge wrote: »
    The missus just told me theres a shiny envelope at home for me!
    nice

That'll be the property tax..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Mine must be in work....but I'm off today :(

First world problems at its finest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Excellent work Pyong, it looks great outside and in. Very good read too. Won't post pics of the inside to keep it spoiler free. :)

IH13bnA.jpg

FYb1r6g.jpg

ErNra9L.jpg

3o9T8No.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Unreal. I ordered a step down transformer and US plug from maplin. The transformer arrived today via courier In an adadequately spacious box. The plug has been posted via regular royal mail. Grrrr

IMAG0606_zps839c2446.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I ordered a vita from gamestop.ie and thought it would be easy enough to sneak past Sauron. It arrived in a box you could fight a small car in. Not a pleasant day :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Some people just have some special mutant powers when it comes to charity/second hand shops and great retrogaming finds.
    I was going to comment about what I usually find but last time I did that I got abuse from some charity shop defender who objected to my use of the words "smell", "of" and "pee", despite the obvious jocular intent, so I won't use them again.....
    I havent done too badly on charity shop runs . Mind you there are 3 within walking distance of
    my house. ( 4 if you count the clothes only one).they mainly smell of fabreeze these days , not wee;)

• Advertisement

The only things I've ever smelt in one, aside from pleasant things, were must and possibly camphor. And if you're capable of understanding the latter you're as old as I am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just two purchases today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

bad idea going into CeX, almost impossible to leave empty handed.

Found a safe spot for my pink bullets!

20130329_190707.jpg20130329_190725.jpg

My copy of Sin and Punishment for the Wii arrived this morning, thanks to Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Pyong,
    Any chance you have a few spare copies left for sale?
    pretty please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Pyong,
    Any chance you have a few spare copies left for sale?
    pretty please

This!

Spyhunter 2 for the ps2 incoming, only €1.25 from an irish seller on eBay.
    I really enjoyed the first ps2 game and I have the regrettable third one, featuring the most electrifying man in sports entertainment! So that'll be the set.
    But, seriously, the first two aren't pants!

Also, thanks to Atavan for Skyrim, to be played sometime in 2017, and Ridge Racer Unbounded, which I had a blast at this morning and, man, it's hard! But good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

YES :D

DSCF5878.jpg

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Spyhunter 2 for the ps2 incoming, only €1.25 from an irish seller on eBay.
    I really enjoyed the first ps2 game and I have the regrettable third one, featuring the most electrifying man in sports entertainment! So that'll be the set.
    But, seriously, the first two aren't pants!

Also, thanks to Atavan for Skyrim, to be played sometime in 2017, and Ridge Racer Unbounded, which I had a blast at this morning and, man, it's hard! But good!

Guy selling me the ps2 game via eBay is in Cork, tried to slip in the international postage onto the invoice. Sent a message asking for this to be corrected, not my fault he'll lose a few euro on this one, no need to boost the profits with 5.50 in postage!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement