Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Guy selling me the ps2 game via eBay is in Cork, tried to slip in the international postage onto the invoice. Sent a message asking for this to be corrected, not my fault he'll lose a few euro on this one, no need to boost the profits with 5.50 in postage!

A 55c stamp is all you'd need!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He made an "adjustment" and it's now costing a total of €5.50, I can live with that, but it's another way that Ebay is going as bad as Adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

make sure to leave a 1 out of 5 for "How reasonable was the P&P" rating.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

make sure to leave a 1 out of 5 for "How reasonable was the P&P" rating.

On a brighter note, I hope to be picking up Zombiu for €20 in a day or two, albeit without the casing or manual. I'll just pop it into a dvd case, print off a cover, job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

A 55c stamp is all you'd need!
    It'll be 60c after they reopen Tuesday
    (not that it's important but good to know)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Sera wrote: »
    It'll be 60c after they reopen Tuesday
    (not that it's important but good to know)

been wondering with that if you could lets say for a €6.50 item stick a dozen 55c stamps on it to get rid of them.

Well, I'm not impressed with his postage anyway, and feedback will reflect same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    On a brighter note, I hope to be picking up Zombiu for €20 in a day or two, albeit without the casing or manual. I'll just pop it into a dvd case, print off a cover, job done.

Did you not just trade that away?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Did you not just trade that away?

I traded it in back in December, but with little else to play on the WiiU thought I might pick it up again, so a copy for €20 seems ideal.
    Have it now, guy said it was a copy that was "never in circulation" whatever that means!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Late night get. Thanks purplec!

IMAG0618_zpsc02cdfb0.jpg

IMAG0620_zps45ca01b9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice get Techno. What an odd position for the Jamma edge though! I can see why you'd need an extension harness to use it in the AWSD.

Jamma position is very odd alright Andrew but I suppose these were intended for dedicated cabs and positioned accordingly.

Extension courtesy of purplec

Jamma position is very odd alright Andrew but I suppose these were intended for dedicated cabs and positioned accordingly.

Extension courtesy of purplec

Yeah true I guess re: the dedicated cab. Have an identical extension cable from him also. Deja vu. :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah true I guess re: the dedicated cab. Have an identical extension cable from him also. Deja vu. :D

Think there was a job run on AO, he must have picked up a few.

Its a good quality cable and I needed one badly. The normal AWSD loom is very short making the quick testing of boards a nightmare!

The pcb is very clean. Will post more detailed photos on the Get thread soon.

GET!'s for today:

Lego City Undercover
    Saints Row 2
    Heavy Rain
    Fallout New Vegas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

couple of recent pickups.

some long over due arcade stools X6 (2 for Andrew), some difference between these and the ikea seats I was using.

Adapter for my namco stick, so I can use it on the PC-Engine, much better solution than one of those old obscure PC-Engine sticks

A lend of Viper Phase 1 (from Andrew in exchange for Shienryu)

photo1-1_zpsf5187e66.jpg

photo2_zps7c7b54db.jpg

and of course a Dell Trinitron - saved 2 from being dumped, so gave one to Andrew.

photo4_zps66cb9495.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Stools look gorgeous! The lining/cushion things on them look to be in good condition.

I think I'm going to ask Ronnie to throw four onto my next palette from him if he has any left.

Very very nice man. Can't wait to get my hands on the stools.
    Starting to sound like I'll have a battle on my hands to get VP1 back off you! :pac:

Will be shocked if Pyong doesn't jump in with a stools hur hur joke.

I want a stool too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think ciderman can sort you out with that, he deals with them everyday:

stool-sample1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

I really love Viper Phase 1 , the space setting is awesome .
    You really have to no miss every level to get a score going though .

Is it the new version ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heavy Rain

My deepest condolences.

That game is like being told you won the lottery, but when you show up to collect your winnings you get kicked in the balls instead.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think ciderman can sort you out with that, he deals with them everyday:

stool-sample1.jpg

Normally it's a clear container with a yellow screw top lid on, it also comes with a little wooden spatula, presumably for "loading" purposes....
    I may have said too much...

My deepest condolences.

That game is like being told you won the lottery, but when you show up to collect your winnings you get kicked in the balls instead.

Ah its not that bad, I've played through some of it before. And as part of a 3 for 2 offer, I got it for free so its no loss tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah its not that bad, I've played through some of it before. And as part of a 3 for 2 offer, I got it for free so its no loss tbh.

Oh when you finish it you will realise it is that bad. The game uses every trick in the hack writers rulebook to try and make it's non shocking ending seem shocking. Unexplained plot holes, red herring plot devices, David Cage has no shame.

Oh when you finish it you will realise it is that bad. The game uses every trick in the hack writers rulebook to try and make it's non shocking ending seem shocking. Unexplained plot holes, red herring plot devices, David Cage has no shame.

Perhaps so, but from what I played of it before, it certainly seemed to be playable enough to warrant picking it up for free. The other choices were the usual fifty shades of brown games where you crouch, take cover, shoot & reload. I've played enough of them at this stage, so Heavy Rain was the obvious choice there & then

Well it is fun, just prepare for disappointment at wasted potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well it is fun, just prepare for disappointment at wasted potential.
    Just pretend the FBI agent is a detective from the future here to save a John Conner type boy.

Oh I'm sorry...when i get bored I make up my own game

Casey120 wrote: »
    I really love Viper Phase 1 , the space setting is awesome .
    You really have to no miss every level to get a score going though .

Is it the new version ?

Originally the cart itself is not NV but the chap I bought it off on AO had burned a set of NV eproms and installed them already for me, have the originals too. So it plays as NV but just doesn't show the 'New Version' text on the title screen as he only burned the program roms? Something like that anyway.

I must admit I haven't given it serious play time yet, Raiden Fighters grabbed my attention first.

• Advertisement

Ah Asthma simulator 2010! Cage is seriously overrated imho, indigo prophecy had a decent first half but went completely nuts near the end and turned into the matrix all of a slap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement