Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Something of a GET!

002-9_zpsc44b93b1.jpg?t=1364853475

In excellent condition, with carry case, charger, 4gb memory card & game, for just under €180.

(btw it did come with a stylus, just forgot to put it in the photo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

All happy with myself
    Over the weekend I picked an Amiga 500 with kickstart 1.3 and 1mb ram
    Now to dig out my old collection from the attic and get back into some retro gaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

well I just got what everyone needs in their collection and yes I am talking about an Amiga CD32. Can't wait to play all those top quality exclusives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

The next bit on the list is an a1200 with a cd addon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    well I just got what everyone needs in their collection and yes I am talking about an Amiga CD32. Can't wait to play all those top quality exclusives.

Just get the 200-in-1 ISO and be done with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

A lovely, plump, pearly white EMS packet was just carefully nuzzled on to my desk. I received:

Gunhound EX (Limited Edition)
    Lovely new PSP shooting game, this time in the style of Assault Suits Valken, from the maestros at G-Rev. The LE includes a juicy OST CD and a digital art book.

Gunhound%20EX.jpg

Jumping Flash 2
    This is for the PlayStation and oddly comes with Jumping Flash 1. Just need Jumping Flash 3 now for the set!

JFlash2.jpg

Absolute Area OST & Gradius V Options DVD
    Absolute Area is dubbed 'Project Thunderforce VI' as you can see on the spine. However it is nothing to do with Thunderforce VI, it is actually the Hyper Duel soundtrack with some Thunderforce arrangements included. Very cool OST with a big history behind it and how it came to be tied with Hyper Duel.

The Gradius V Options disc is a superplay DVD for the Japanese PlayStation 2 game. I forget if it came as a pack-in or not with the Japanese release. None too common anyway and one for the superplay collection!

Gradius.jpg

Bonanza Bros.
    Delighted with this one. The PC Engine Super CD edition and the rarest of the home releases (as far as I know). Not easy to find with the reg card, let alone the spine card apparently. I wasn't expecting this to come with either so it was a very nice suprise to have both cards! The PC Engine edition is also arguably the best home version after the virtually arcade perfect X68000 release. Though the PC Engine version makes improvements in some areas over both the arcade and X68000 releases so it's kinda hobsons choice really!

Bonanza.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

My zelda book from the bookrepository posted way back on a thread here somewhere was delivered today im told!

Jumping jack flash!
    that brings me back.

The demo of that was the first thing I played on the PS1,That or Crazy Ivan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

urbanledge wrote: »
    Jumping jack flash!
    that brings me back.

The demo of that was the first thing I played on the PS1,That or Crazy Ivan!

Some of my first ps1 memories too. Along with ridge racer, adidas power soccer, wipeout and tekken

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jumping flash is a pretty weird series. For a first person platform game during gamings formative 3D years it should have aged horribly but it's actually still wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Not video games, but still retro and cool.

001-18_zps8ecffc27.jpg?t=1364902500
    002-9_zps47dd123f.jpg?t=1364902530

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Yep, the Jumping Flash games are very unique and fun to play. I've not played Jumping Flash 2 or Jumping Flash 3 before though. I've no idea why the first game is bundled in on a second disc with Jumping Flash 2. Odd!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Yep, the Jumping Flash games are very unique and fun to play. I've not played Jumping Flash 2 or Jumping Flash 3 before though. I've no idea why the first game is bundled in on a second disc with Jumping Flash 2. Odd!

I have the first two Jumping Flash games a long time, played them both on release, amazingly great titles.
    The second one did not typically come with the first in an extra disk, at least not in the Pal territories.
    A third game though, didn't know about that, must pick it up ASAP!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm amazed at how bad 3D platforming was in first person games considering jumping flash nailed it so well. It took until Metroid Prime for developers to copy the camera looking down when you jump that jumping flash implemented nearly 10 years earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got A couple of PS3 promo discs. Nothing really good but it was €2.50 for both in the charity shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

This landed today, been on the wanted list for ages now...cib

346mkv9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EnterNow wrote: »
    This landed today, been on the wanted list for ages now...cib

346mkv9.jpg

Ohh god, memories.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had that on the 3DO, brilliant it was, wow, that's a while ago....
    I preferred Magic Carpet though, of EA's output on the console, a magnificent game that, still have it but not played it in over a decade!

Not a great haul but then again I can't actually afford them anyway... I have a problem:

247811.jpg

Hybrid Heaven is by far and away the best RPG on the N64 but considering that it's only competition is Quest 64 that's not exactly an accolade to hang on your wall. It's very weird, very camp and bat **** insane but then again I ask you is there another RPG that lets you powerbomb pig and lizard men as well as use other wrestling moves?

As for the Megaman games Megaman IV is quite uncommon (pity I didn't get the very rare V) but it's Megaman III that I'm happiest with. It was my introduction to the series and I absolutely loved the game when I was younger. I gave it a lend to my friend and never saw it again, same thing happened with Gunstar Heroes, so I'm delighted to have it back, and it's still as good and ball breakingly tough as ever.

Megaman on the gameboy! My childhood gaming introduction there.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I preferred Magic Carpet though

Well they are kinda different :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Some packages arrived while I was away, my Earthbound tee + extras, DS 1 and 2 (will be putting it up to trade, realize I had DS2 already sealed) and Riviera.
    Picked up Space Invaders: Invasion Day and The Sims while visiting my aunt in the UK.

DSC_2706.jpg

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well they are kinda different :pac:

Just a little, I was thinking "games of an era" rather than trying to find a common genre ground between a fairground management game and one that involves raising a volcano under a mate while he is on the jacks......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My recent love in with my fat ps2 and tekken tag had led me to buyin a second ps2, slim this time though.

Got it with tekken 5 which I'm dyin to play, 2 pads, leads and console for 30quid. Not too pricey thankfully.

Ps hitman was left in the drive wasn't meant to be part of the deal. I texted the seller to say I'd post it back to them but no reply yet anyway so a little bonus I suppose. ---- edit got a text back there this morning with her address. Ah well wasnt part of the deal so happy to send it back.

Not very retro though.

B6777664-B8ED-49E0-87AE-B405CD65031C-184-00000092D12B93AB.jpg

Not bad for €9.99 brand new.

2rrl8g1.jpg

Spy Hunter 2 for the ps2 arrived today.
    1.50 plus the 4 in postage, from Ireland!
    And yet the envelope says it cost 1.50 to post!
    Sent the seller an email before I leave feedback, he promises to review the postage but reminded me of the favour he does his customers in including the eBay and PayPal fees in the postage amount!
    The cheek!
    As if that's any of my concern!
    He should have at a reserve to include these fees, except be sad obviously avoiding the charges for that too!
    Madness I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Spy Hunter 2 for the ps2 arrived today.
    1.50 plus the 4 in postage, from Ireland!
    And yet the envelope says it cost 1.50 to post!
    Sent the seller an email before I leave feedback, he promises to review the postage but reminded me of the favour he does his customers in including the eBay and PayPal fees in the postage amount!
    The cheek!
    As if that's any of my concern!
    He should have at a reserve to include these fees, except be sad obviously avoiding the charges for that too!
    Madness I tells ya!

A seller once told me that the inflated P&P was to cover his time and petrol driving to the post office! He was always going to get negative feedback but that was the last straw for me.

A seller once told me that the inflated P&P was to cover his time and petrol driving to the post office! He was always going to get negative feedback but that was the last straw for me.

I sell a lot of books on the ebay and some of them do be quite heavy and carrying them to the post office uses quite a few calories, so i have no qualms charging an extra few bob for food.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I sell a lot of books on the ebay and some of them do be quite heavy and carrying them to the post office uses quite a few calories, so i have no qualms charging an extra few bob for food.

Should the buyer not charge gym fees then?
    Giving you lumps a bit of cardio lifting your items to the post office, selling and posting some weighty tomes, resulting in you existing an extra few minutes, it all adds up you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Plus there's the cost of a (reused) envelope!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement