Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

I know sure, I have a pain in my sides from laughng so much! ;)

This was the one anyways:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Input-64-A-Collection-Of-Commodore-64-Game-Music-1984-1989/release/27130

R-27130-1133309098.jpeg

And a new one came out this year too:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-SID-Chip-Sounds-The-Music-Of-The-Commodore-64/release/3414723

R-3414723-1329507662.jpeg

Both are available in CD format also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm already a hipster, my favourite game is Shenmue and favourite console is the Sega Dreamcast...

As I say to people who aren't in the know on a regular basis 'My favourite console is the Dreamcast... you've probably never heard of it...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

waveform wrote: »
    I know sure, I have a pain in my sides from laughng so much! ;)

Your in great form today, not your usual jovial self :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Stuff I got over the last few weeks, pilotwings complete, chrono trigger, sunset riders, turtles in time and the minish cap for GBA, and sfc copies of wolfenstein3d and bomberman 2
    28mpovo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

And an SFC Wolfenstein?

Edit - sorry didn't see the 2nd line of text! Nice haul, did Sunset Riders set you back big dollars?

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Nice haul, did Sunset Riders set you back big dollars?

Around 23 euro, the ntsc version seems to be a good bit cheaper. Such a short game too :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Purchased Bomberman on the PS1 (Awaits abuse from retr0 about how terrible it probably is) and Suzuka 8 hours on the Super Famicom (Curse you Pyongyang! :() Which is also my first Super Famicom game.

Also picked up Everybody's golf on the PS1 the pther day. Never even knew there was a PS1 version!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not actually played it but I always choose the TG-16 or saturn versions over everything else :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The PC Engine/TG-16 and Snes versions of Bomberman are great, some of the first games I played regularly via emu were on a PC Engine and Snes emu and were jap Bomberman releases, stunning stuff.

Now I want some Bomberman games! Curses!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I want to experience 10 player saturn bomberman someday. I'm sure Mr. two of everything has the necessary hardware :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I want to experience 10 player saturn bomberman someday. I'm sure Mr. two of everything has the necessary hardware :P

If we ever get this retro convention thingy off the ground I promise 10 player Saturn Bomberman is a go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cool, instead of being the first of 4 to be killed I'll be the first of 10!
    Awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Steve SI wrote: »
    If we ever get this retro convention thingy off the ground I promise 10 player Saturn Bomberman is a go.

Let's just have a bomberman tournament instead.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Stuff I got over the last few weeks, pilotwings complete, chrono trigger, sunset riders, turtles in time and the minish cap for GBA, and sfc copies of wolfenstein3d and bomberman 2
    28mpovo.jpg

Very nice lot of games there! Needs more konami in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Bomberman..one of the many games I adore but am utter sh1te at.
    I'd love to see the 10 player game Saturn game in action.
    Alas I neither had the Multitaps or the the bombermen(friends) to make it work

Is it actually playable?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Very nice lot of games there! Needs more konami in it though.

Had some amount of awesome games on the snes for sure, I reckon I have about 10 Konami games now and they're all great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

I should really contribute more so here is my 2 new arrivals
    208210.jpg

Picked Granada cheap enough, made an offer of half the buy-it-now price thru best offer and it was accepted straight away, happy days :D

Plus only 2quid postage, cost him more than that to send it.

Got Gynoug courtesy of infideals (Cheers Dr Bob for the link)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I think the ps1 supports 5 Players (multitap + controller port 2) but 10 player bomber man would be a sight to behold!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

ahyeahok wrote: »
    I should really contribute more so here is my 2 new arrivals
    208210.jpg

Picked Granada cheap enough, made an offer of half the buy-it-now price thru best offer and it was accepted straight away, happy days :D

Plus only 2quid postage, cost him more than that to send it.

Got Gynoug courtesy of infideals (Cheers Dr Bob for the link)

Awwww...My two favorite shooters on MD..along with Helfire, Alien soldier and Thunderforce.:D
    Gynoug was my first ever MD game when I bought an Imported Asian model before the euro one was released back in the day. FU sonic.WHAT A GAME

Got a very nice GameCube today with an aftermarket case(to allow full size DVD's for "homebrew") as well as a mod chip installed.
    Cheers EnterNow :)

I'll take some pics later on and try out some of the 665GB of US NTSC "homebrew" I grabbed the last couple of days.
    53000459.png

Now, back to putting boring furniture together :(

• Advertisement

Sera posted she bought Kuon for the PS2
    spd_2011053124023_b.jpg
    Kuon wiki
    Had a read of the above and it sounds fascinating, a nice companion to Rule of Rose.
    So, picked it up from a french ebayer for €23.
    A better buy than most, if not all full price titles on the current gen of consoles.

Thanks for the eye opener Sera!
    If only you could get Retr0 to buy classy games, instead of male dating sims, Overblood 2 and LoD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sera posted she bought Kuon for the PS2
    Kuon wiki
    Had a read of the above and it sounds fascinating, a nice companion to Rule of Rose.
    So, picked it up from a french ebayer for €23.
    A better buy than most, if not all full price titles on the current gen of consoles.

Thanks for the eye opener Sera!
    If only you could get Retr0 to buy classy games, instead of male dating sims, Overblood 2 and LoD!
    Awh thanks Cidey, you know me and the horrory games sure. At least someone else other than EnterNow noticed lol.
    Here's the trailer I saw of it when it only came out, it was on a PS2 disc from a magazine one of the lads got when I was 16.

It used to be so expensive for pal versions at one stage but I got mine from France for €15.50 including postage last week which was great!. Plus all the Pal games have a choice of English afaik. I can't wait to play it!.

Started Lufia & the Fortress of Doom again on Thursday so want to keep with that first. Sure I can't slag Retr0 since I want to get The Calling on the Wii, it's absolutely ****e horror made by Hudson, I'd say it'd be some laugh at a beers :P

^ youtube is being a nob so if those links are broken I'll fix em later

EnterNow wrote: »
    Your in great form today, not your usual jovial self :rolleyes:

TLDR TBH! :P

Serious lack of gets in here lately. Are we all going through barren patches?

Are we all going through barren patches?
    I spent all my money on Lolita (not the film :rolleyes:) clothes

Sera wrote: »

I spent all my money on Neo Geo stuff, Terry Pratchett books and Crunchies.

I spent all my money on Neo Geo stuff, Terry Pratchett books and Crunchies.
    sure you can post them up, you'd actually be semi on topic

Serious lack of gets in here lately. Are we all going through barren patches?

I think we're in a recessionary get something new period at the moment,

in the last 3 weeks we had a celtic tiger boom period of buying!
    Sera wrote: »

POIDH! :p

Actually don't!
    You'll trick me by posting pics of Retro wearing them, to counter my cheekiness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

waveform wrote: »
    I think we're in a recessionary get something new period at the moment, in the last 3 weeks we had a celtic tiger boom period of buying!

I've got a few delayed gets due this week. Other than that, it's only 25 days to go... :D

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I've got a few delayed gets due this week. Other than that, it's only 25 days to go... :D

Only 18 for me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement