Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would have happily paid the sum I wound up paying anyway, it's just when sellers pack the prices when they either don't get the price they were hoping for or want to avoid eBay charges.
    Ah well...

Hard to find a good value copy of Mario Galaxy 2, most are pricey enough, the first one I have incoming, along with the much maligned Wii Music, for €15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hard to find a good value copy of Mario Galaxy 2

Seen two of them in Smyths recently, €40 a pop for used copies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I say, that's a tad steep old bean!
    I am hoping that the markets of two years hence are going to be awash with Wii games, sadly most of them will be sh1te...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I say, that's a tad steep old bean!

Definitely. Its a game thats on my list now for a while, it just doesn't come cheap though. I'll have to bite the bullet eventually I'd say, its rare you come across 1st party Ninty stuff as hard to refuse type prices. Thats just the way game chasin' go

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Plus there's the cost of a (reused) envelope!

I do that if the envelope is reusable {padded envelopes only though :o}

• Advertisement

Just got a new CP for the blast city!
    man it nice,ordered it 7 weeks ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also got new sticks and buttons for the blast and new buttons for the E2.
    nice and fresh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Was that from Akihabarashop? I hope it doesn't take 7 weeks for my order I placed earlier this week to arrive then!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

urbanledge wrote: »
    Just got a new CP for the blast city!
    man it nice,ordered it 7 weeks ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also got new sticks and buttons for the blast and new buttons for the E2.
    nice and fresh!

As you've said yourself, pics of GTFO! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have to order some new bits for my own blast. I have 2 of those virtsticks off AO to stick into my 2PCP though :D

Have to get a 1 player panel aswell

Andrew76 wrote: »
    As you've said yourself, pics of GTFO! :P

ha ha ha,
    I will do.I had to take the micro sd card out of my phone to use in a machine in work.
    Cant get it back for at least 3 hours.
    Just copped something also.
    I ordered this panel form sanwa
    OOM-8-6BSR-Hsuper.jpg

Its different to the stock one.

2013-03-02%252012.46.27.jpg

oh well!
    I have to say the quality is amazing!
    ordered from gremlin solutions

• Advertisement

Speaking of panels just received the analogue splitter loom from Craig so was alble to hook up the nos world series baseball panel I picked up a couple of weeks ago to finally play some monkey ball :) simple switch of a couple of wires on the loom and it working perfect, hours of fun with my monkey lol

23820215.jpg

Thats deadly mozie!
    I'd love the bass fishing controller !

Thats deadly mozie!
    I'd love the bass fishing controller !

Yeah love the dedicated stuff, theres a cool Bishi Bashi panel i'd love to pick up at some stage too!

Right heres a pic of the new panel,
    I hope I made the right choice with the white!
    Im not 100% sure.will have to see it mounted
    2013-04-05%252015.15.56.jpg

Right heres a pic of the new panel,
    I hope I made the right choice with the white!
    Im not 100% sure.will have to see it mounted
    2013-04-05%252015.15.56.jpg

looks great, if ya really dont like the white buttons I have an extra set of the pink and green ones if ya ever want to change them out.

Cheers man!
    I have all the originals but there a bit tatty

20130405_172347.jpg

I like it! No time to wire it and mount the joysticks tho :(
    Heading south to Wexico for the weekend with the missus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Speaking of panels just received the analogue splitter loom from Craig so was alble to hook up the nos world series baseball panel I picked up a couple of weeks ago to finally play some monkey ball :) simple switch of a couple of wires on the loom and it working perfect, hours of fun with my monkey lol

23820215.jpg

I did the same with my dual analog Zombie Revenge control panel to play Monkey Ball...only used it once though, kinda a waste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

20130405_172347.jpg

I like it! No time to wire it and mount the joysticks tho :(
    Heading south to Wexico for the weekend with the missus

It looks well slick.

A SEGA Mega Stick that doesn't look like the official one that looks like a bed pan and probably smells like one.
    5NhsNrl.jpg

Guitar Wolf - Jet Generation on CD. :cool: JET OK! YO! :cool:
    BKRDQdn.jpg

A special little issue (to me anyway) of EDGE.
    X2tPISQ.jpg

Why? Because of this:
    tXHPG90.jpg

:cool:

....2 litres of 40 vol hydrogen peroxide and a bucket of Vanish.
    jMbriJN.jpg

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    A SEGA Mega Stick that doesn't look like the official one that looks like a bed pan and probably smells like one.
    5NhsNrl.jpg

That looks like a proper one though, I got an unboxed 6 button version from Monkeykube, very nice indeed.

Yep. The Mega Stick was made by Ascii, so it's proper beefy. Not to Micomsoft levels of splendidness of course (nothing is or ever will be, we are all already familar that the CEO of Micomsoft is actually God himself). Still a cheeky stick though.

The official stick looks like a bed pan. The Master System one looks like it was designed for spackers with club feet and carpal tunnel syndrome who are big fans of Airwolf.

Why could SEGA never design a proper stick for either console yet grace us so wonderfully with their offerings for the Saturn and the Dreamcast (well, except for the first version of the Virtua Stick which was like swallowing electrolytes and strains of anthrax while listening to an audiobook about pebble collecting narrated by Sandy Togsvik).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've tried to get a good stick for the Megadrive for years upon years, thought all was lost until I got that Micomsoft XE1-ST2. Godlike thing so it is. Don't settle for any less Pyong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I love Guitar Wolf. Wild Zero (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267116/) is one of only a few DVDs i still have :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Stuff from the man in Japan !

DSCF5896.jpg

Well, at least Sega get someone competent to build their sticks rather than having a crack at it and bungling it, but like Sony and the Dualshock 3!
    The DC stick wasn't built by Sega though, was it? Didn't a third party make them?
    Some of the later stuff, like the VF sticks for the PS3 and 360, are pretty good too, no? Cheap enough too, as far as I know.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've tried to get a good stick for the Megadrive for years upon years, thought all was lost until I got that Micomsoft XE1-ST2. Godlike thing so it is. Don't settle for any less Pyong!

Tough finding one at a sensible price though. I still have my PC Engine one. Built by the hands of God himself. It's an extraordinary work of genius.

@Casey120 you kept that quiet! I didn't know you were gunning for the box! Now give me the last two Superplay DVD's I need please!

About time you got SG #6 too! You're slowing down in your old age sir! It's a good read/look/flick through. Cool feature about Mike Walz in there too!

Master of the Universe

The Dreamcast official stick is made by Agetec but I'm fairly sure that the great Virtua stick on the Saturn was made by Sega. Or am I going mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Pyongyang wrote: »
    2 litres of 40 vol hydrogen peroxide and a bucket of Vanish.

do I dare ask?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

do I dare ask?

Learn from the mistakes of Jesse in Breaking Bad - don't use a bath.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement