Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Tough finding one at a sensible price though. I still have my PC Engine one. Built by the hands of God himself. It's an extraordinary work of genius.

After experiencing the bliss of the Sega version, I'm on the lookout for one for my PCE... maybe some day :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pyongyang wrote: »
    ....2 litres of 40 vol hydrogen peroxide and a bucket of Vanish.
    jMbriJN.jpg

You'll need more than that to fill a bathtub if you are getting rid of a dead hooker.

lol the old retrobrite ingredients :)

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I did the same with my dual analog Zombie Revenge control panel to play Monkey Ball...only used it once though, kinda a waste

Shooting games work too!!! although there's no crosshair lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'll need more than that to fill a bathtub if you are getting rid of a dead hooker.

But are they east European hookers?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Few recent pickups.

Luigi_zps6c5bf679.jpg

Cubic Ninja - one of the worst games I've ever played. If you see it for sale for €15, don't be fooled, it's not a bargain.

The main character basically acts like a bag of sugar. You move him around (agonizingly slowly) with the gyroscope. /shudder

cubicnin_zps9f03866c.jpg

This book is gorgeous.

hyrule_zpsad3d33e9.jpg

Every page is full of glossy images. Definitely worth picking up if you can find it for a good price. Really strange seeing screenshots from ALTTP in a modern book :)

Hyrule3_zps80f2d643.jpg

hyrule2_zps5b5ca2be.jpg

Couldn't resist a few little Starcom dudes I saw going on ebay from an Irish seller. Two of them have their laser packs and guns! I've loads of Starcom gear but this is the first time I've managed to get stuff like this. They're always missing.

Anyway, glad I put all that up in an attic, that really was a silly collection :pac:

starcom1_zps0e9d8e30.jpg

starcom2_zps84efa6f8.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks for posting some pics of the inside of the Zelda book, hadn't bothered to look into it before but checked out some more pics on Amazon and just ordered it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Ah, must have a good with it again :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EBay got back to me about the seller who padded the postage with eBay listing charges and PayPal fees. Looks like he's in for a reprimand, although they won't day any more.
    I feel a bit bad, after all the whole thing, postage plus game, only came to 5.50 or so, but he did add 4 for postage when the actual stamp on a 50c envelope was 1.50.
    And then he actually told me he added the above mentioned fees believing, presumably, that this was legit.
    Guess he's about to find out different...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    EBay got back to me about the seller who padded the postage with eBay listing charges and PayPal fees. Looks like he's in for a reprimand, although they won't day any more.
    I feel a bit bad, after all the whole thing, postage plus game, only came to 5.50 or so, but he did add 4 for postage when the actual stamp on a 50c envelope was 1.50.
    And then he actually told me he added the above mentioned fees believing, presumably, that this was legit.
    Guess he's about to find out different...

Did the p&p on the auction say €4 originally or did he sneakily bump it up after you bought the item? I thought it was common practice these days to up the postage to try and cover some of the increased charges, but normally the item price would be cheaper.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Did the p&p on the auction say €4 originally or did he sneakily bump it up after you bought the item? I thought it was common practice these days to up the postage to try and cover some of the increased charges, but normally the item price would be cheaper.

Despite the listing being on ebay.ie, from an irish seller, there was only an international postage option. So I looked for an invoice and only saw the discrepancies when I got the item.
    I had to request the invoice twice, the first time he didn't reduce the postage costs, even though it was being sent within Ireland.
    And then he admitted the costs are included in the postage costs.
    As I thought this is not allowed, instead he should have set a reserve to cover such things, but then of course that would have further affected his costs.
    Anyways, I didn't make the rules so he's gotta pay according to them.
    Just hope he doesn't Google ciderman and find me here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

What shooting games work

This little beauty was waiting in parcel motel for me.:D:D
    20130407_135157.jpg

Nice! One of the finest looking shmups there is. Now prepare to get slaughtered playing it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Great game but keep bombing or die :pac:

My mission to replace all the decent games on the Wii hdd continues, today Super Mario Galaxy!
    Galaxy 2 remains expensive, but I'm determined to pick up it, NSMB and Donkey Kong Country Returns for sensible money.

Just bought a nice item on ebay, Sega Rally 2006 for the jap PS2, it'll work nicely on the TEST PS2 I have, multiregion and all that.
    More interesting really is it comes with Sega Rally 2005 in it's limited edition format, and represents the best version you can own in the home, apparently.
    So, can't wait as it's the latter I'm really after.
    Sega Rally 2006 is an odd one, made some 6 years after Sega Rally 2 on the DC and a different game to Sega Rally/Revo released for the PS3/360 the following year.
    Sega Rally 3, the arcade game was released in 07 as well, and was released on the home consoles as the Arcade Online download only title we got 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

urbanledge wrote: »
    20130407_135157.jpg

That was next on the list, congrats. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

20130407_135157.jpg

How much did that bad boy set up back dude?

Too much :) 250 delivered.50 if the the missus asks ;)
    I had to get at least one vert pcb so I said I'd get a good one,
    All the shumps are silly money.
    Anyway I think it'll keep most of its value.I might of paid a little over the odds.

Too much :) 250 delivered.50 if the the missus asks ;)
    I had to get at least one vert pcb so I said I'd get a good one,
    All the shumps are silly money.
    Anyway I think it'll keep most of its value.I might of paid a little over the odds.

250 delivered sounds ok to me. Cave shmups ain't cheap alright.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

If you have any money left after that crazy purchase (!), get Raiden and Raiden II. Couple of the best verticals ever made and you should be able to get both for under €100 each.

No more arcade stuff for a while I'm afraid,
    I need to get some new kitesurfing gear for summer and believe it or tv not that makes cave games look cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Mushihimesama or DDPDOJ, its very hard to get close to them 2 games imo. Ketsui = ouch! I have a RGH xbox at the moment but they just don't compare for some reason. I have not have the pleasure of Ibara yet, tried on mame but could not get it to run any way normal. I'd love to do a trade off for a week with mushi and Ibara too compare the sound of the SH3 boards through the namco to JVS converter when you are finished urban if thats cool, or just call over here if you are in town. :)

Master of the Universe

Do like like Raizing games like Battle Garegga and Armed Police Batrider? They feel very different to a Cave game. Ibara plays like them. It's fantastic if you enjoy that kind of gameplay.

Definitely saftyboy,
    I'd love to try out a few others without dropping the $$$$$

safetyboy wrote: »
    Mushihimesama or DDPDOJ, its very hard to get close to them 2 games imo. Ketsui = ouch! I have a RGH xbox at the moment but they just don't compare for some reason. I have not have the pleasure of Ibara yet, tried on mame but could not get it to run any way normal. I'd love to do a trade off for a week with mushi and Ibara too compare the sound of the SH3 boards through the namco to JVS converter when you are finished urban if thats cool, or just call over here if you are in town. :)

I thought Ketsui 360 is very close to the original pcb, very good port it is.

safetyboy wrote: »

Look for the sh3 Mame edition, runs cave games just fine.
    Turn off the filtering to improve performance though.
    I have most of the Cave catalogue on my cab and, in the main, they work great.

Also, look for the Slowpoke edition of Mame, it's also pretty good. You won't find these on the official development page, any edition of Mame that supports SH3 has been removed.
    But they are our there and have been unofficially improved all the way up to the current version.

How do you know off the filtering in mame cidey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Big haul waiting for me at work this morning!

I received:

Raystorm LaserDisc Superplay
    Another LaserDisc for the collection. I have the Gamest Superplay/Promo on VHS so having the second superplay is cool!
    gets%20(1).jpg

RefRain: Prism Memories Toresetsu
    This was a bonus card that shipped with pre-orders of RefRain: Prism Memories. I never got this with my order so it's nice to have it now. :)
    gets%20(2).jpg

Twilight Refrain & Ether Vapor
    Two cool doujin titles. Nice to have the original games as they shipped.
    gets%20(3).jpg

eXceed 2nd & eXceed 3rd
    Both available in English on Steam. I have the trilogy already on Steam. Again, nice to have the original titles as they originally shipped.
    gets%20(4).jpg

Pants Storm! & Same! Same! Same!
    Awesome little doujin title about pants and watermelons. :confused: Paired with a fine Toaplan STG for the Mega Drive!
    gets%20(5).jpg

Bomberman '94 Taikenban
    I have Den Den No Den, the other Taikenban disc. That one is rather rare. This one is even rarerererer. The demo disc for Bomberman '94 on the PC Engine.
    gets%20(6).jpg

Star Parodia & Wolf Fang
    A game I've lusted for for AGES. Star Parodia for the PC Engine. I've the PSP version in the Hudson Collection, but to have the original is fun! Wolf Fang completes the Data East trilogy for me. I've got Vapor Trail on PCB, Skull Fang for the Saturn and Wolf Fang for the PlayStation. Tried to choose the best version for each.
    gets%20(7).jpg

SEGA Saturn Official Mouse
    Now I can play The Tower properly!
    gets%20(8).jpg

Windage & Lost Technology OST's
    Awesome muzak from the good people at Factory Noise & AG.
    gets%20(9).jpg

Shikigami No Shiro book & Starblade Alpha
    A cool novella which I bought to practice my Japanese with. Starblade Alpha is supposedly better than the original on the PlayStation. The original port was apparently diabolical. We'll see...
    gets%20(10).jpg

Mushihimesama Limited Edition
    Just like Schteve did, I found a nice example of this LE set for a nice price. Gorgeous little box set that I'm glad I held out for now. The one time I was going to pick it up was in Akihabara and it was in the same condition as a butchers apron. This one is super fresh!
    gets%20(11).jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Again some awesome GET!'s old chap :cool: I'd be interested to see pics of your collection Pyong, is it all out on display? I never even knew there was a Saturn mouse!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement