Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop coming into my living room and taking snaps EnterNow :mad:

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-(clean).png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The only game that approaches 1080° is Amped on the Xbox. Yes, they put trick stuff in too but there's a great feeling of taking on the mountain, rather than the "where's the next ramp /rail" in SSX and the like.
    Plus, remember the N64 was in the gen of the Saturn and PS, and there was nothing as good as the Nintendo title. Steep Slope Sliders on the Saturn didn't suck afaik.
    Region free PS2 is awkward, modchip is the way to go but it's expensive, Swap magic is also out there but won't just let you pop the disk in and play.
    My current solution is using a Pal TEST PS2, but these are expensive and I myself have to return this one to the fella who loaned it to me many years ago!
    The best possible solution is to buy a Ps2 from each region, you wind up with 3 consoles but, if you only buy slim PStwo models, you'll only need one set of controllers, one memory card and a common set of av cables and a common power supply.
    Sega Rally 2006 is not too expensive either, just make sure it's the first edition with the 2005 game included.

If I arrive home with another console it wont go down well.

Reminds me of the Gamechasers.. "oh great another box of useless crap!" ... love that show!!

When you say its expensive for the modchip one. How much are we talking roughly to buy and have fitted?

Plus does or can it have a bad effect on the system?

EnterNow wrote: »
    They're not too easy to fit, the PS2 motherboards are coated in resin which makes soldering more difficult & the points are tiny, its very very easy to bork a PS2 trying to fit a modchip. I done one once & it worked, & I tried it again & it didn't so I don't bother with them anymore...hdd mod is the best option

Whats this hdd mod you speak of and roughly how much are we talking?

cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's only one version of Sega Rally, & thats this. Everything else is just pretending

SegaRally.jpg

Well, apparently the PS2 version is a pretty close, if not spot on conversion of the arcade original, allegedly, so I can't wait! I've always been just more than disappointed with the home versions, including the Saturn game, although there the gameplay was spot on.

Whats this hdd mod you speak of and roughly how much are we talking?

cheers!

You need:

A Phat type PS2
    The PS2 Network Adapter
    An IDE HDD
    A Memory Card
    And either a swap magic disc or a copy of 007: Agent Under Fire

http://freemcboot.info/
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, apparently the PS2 version is a pretty close, if not spot on conversion of the arcade original, allegedly, so I can't wait! I've always been just more than disappointed with the home versions, including the Saturn game, although there the gameplay was spot on.

I've never played it on the PS2...but that game is the very definition of an arcade racer...sitting on a couch with a joypad just doesn't do it justice :(

• Advertisement

You need:

A Phat type PS2
    The PS2 Network Adapter
    An IDE HDD
    A Memory Card
    And either a swap magic disc or a copy of 007: Agent Under Fire

http://freemcboot.info/

I've never played it on the PS2...but that game is the very definition of an arcade racer...sitting on a couch with a joypad just doesn't do it justice :(

If ya know someone with freemcboot on a ps2 memory card they can just transfer a copy over to yours and save ya alot of hassle, anyone here have a memory card with freemcboot installed?

If ya know someone with freemcboot on a ps2 memory card they can just transfer a copy over to yours and save ya alot of hassle, anyone here have a memory card with freemcboot installed?

Or that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nice, sealed DDPDFKBL superplay DVD and some #ProjectNautilus stuff...

DDP%20DVD.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on an astro city myself for some 15hz goodness :) screen has 0 burn and looks amazing!! Have to try buy back a load of mvs stuff I sold now lol

Just pulled the trigger on an astro city myself for some 15hz goodness :) screen has 0 burn and looks amazing!! Have to try buy back a load of mvs stuff I sold now lol

As a wiser man than me once said

PICS OR GTFO!

• Advertisement

lol will upload once it arrives, here's a teaser:

dsc0009dp.jpg

Even got Ronnie to throw in the stepdown for free!!

nice.....
    Whens the ETA?

urbanledge wrote: »
    nice.....
    Whens the ETA?

Late next week Thursday/Friday, need to pick up a one slot now and dig out a couple of pcb's :)
    Ronnie's doing well out of Ireland lately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Another one??? :eek:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Another one??? :eek:

Dont let this madness end :D

urbanledge wrote: »
    Dont let this madness end :D

Keep it going, Candy cab capital of europe :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Very nice indeed mozie!

It's great to see the candy/woody cab numbers increasing over here. :cool:

1. A Phat type PS2 -- Have that.
    2. The PS2 Network Adapter -- Nope - looks to be about 30quid on ebay. Does that sound about right?
    3. An IDE HDD -- Will any type be ok? Shouldnt be too expensive another what 30/40euro?
    4. A Memory Card -- Have 2 8mb cards.
    5. And either a swap magic disc or a copy of 007: Agent Under Fire -- Think I have a copy of Agent under fire somewhere. Have 3 bond games I got with the playstation I'm yet to play.
    So it'd cost me about 60quid for the parts. Anyone know anyone who would do the job if I get the parts??

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Very nice indeed mozie!

It's great to see the candy/woody cab numbers increasing over here. :cool:

It's downright madness so it is! Beautiful beautiful madness :)

Sure we can have our very own Play expo soon enough. Coin mechs on of course. Make a fortune :D

1. A Phat type PS2 -- Have that.
    2. The PS2 Network Adapter -- Nope - looks to be about 30quid on ebay. Does that sound about right?
    3. An IDE HDD -- Will any type be ok? Shouldnt be too expensive another what 30/40euro?
    4. A Memory Card -- Have 2 8mb cards.
    5. And either a swap magic disc or a copy of 007: Agent Under Fire -- Think I have a copy of Agent under fire somewhere. Have 3 bond games I got with the playstation I'm yet to play.
    So it'd cost me about 60quid for the parts. Anyone know anyone who would do the job if I get the parts??

Thanks.

If you don't want to install the hack yourself, you can post your memory card to folks who duplicate FMcB onto it for you. Its meant to be a free service, postage aside.

If you wanna do it yourself, its fairly easy & fun to do. If you have an old credit card/bank card...there's a template you can follow, to cut out a certain shape that works as a dvd-drive release tool for the PS2. You need to rip the game, exchange some files in the game with modded ones, reburn it & then swap the disc using the tool. The game then runs the modded files & executes the installer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got this haul of Master System stuff on Adverts for a great price.. Going to have to get a Master System now though :)

8634971038_5742e773b4_b.jpg

Lovely stuff! Fecking love Mastersystem game cases/art - they're so 'videogamey'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got my amiga cd32 lot this morning finally.
    Box was ripped apart all over the place like destroyed!
    Dont know whether it was An Post or the seller.
    Haven't tested it yet but the 'boxed' games really means in old xtravision cases.

Lovely stuff! Fecking love Mastersystem game cases/art - they're so 'videogamey'

Couldnt agree more with that. They look class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Haven't tested it yet but the 'boxed' games really means in old xtravision cases.

Did the seller not have pics of the boxed games?
    Sounds like a partial refund to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I think they do it for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Don't talk to me about An Post!
    Had some major F*** ups by them over the last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

If you don't want to install the hack yourself, you can post your memory card to folks who duplicate FMcB onto it for you. Its meant to be a free service, postage aside.

I can do that if anyone wants. PS3 MC adapter and a clean install is the best method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Steve SI wrote: »
    Did the seller not have pics of the boxed games?
    Sounds like a partial refund to me.

Done through adverts and there were pics of the game but very low res. Asked the seller and he said they were all boxed. But it was only the manuals sitting on top of the xtravision cases.
    Im not sure it was An Post who opened it, as it was within Ireland post.
    I mailed the seller this morning so we will see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Good man Mozzie.
    Welcome to the Astro City club.
    FU NAC with your yellow ass speakers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement