Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Done through adverts and there were pics of the game but very low res. Asked the seller and he said they were all boxed. But it was only the manuals sitting on top of the xtravision cases.
    Im not sure it was An Post who opened it, as it was within Ireland post.
    I mailed the seller this morning so we will see.

Just saw the ad, that's very dodgy what he did with the booklets :mad: they look like fully boxed games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

report it to Smashey Adverts Eddie, he's always been good with stuff like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Looks like Ireland is quickly becoming the black hole of Candy cabs .

You guys should take a breather now and then :pac:

Good man Mozzie.
    Welcome to the Astro City club.
    FU NAC with your yellow ass speakers.

lol I actually avoided the breast speakers and stuck with an astro rather than a new astro ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

report it to Smashey Adverts Eddie, he's always been good with stuff like this

They were useless to me when I got screwed on the dodgy 3DO. They told me to contact the police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just saw the ad, that's very dodgy what he did with the booklets :mad: they look like fully boxed games.

I straight out asked where they boxed and got confirmation. Will be testing it tomorrow. Hope it works as I think I paid way over the odds.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They were useless to me when I got screwed on the dodgy 3DO. They told me to contact the police.

Same seller but I thought he was okay from dealing with him before but that was in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

At last! A complete set of Ibara figures! :cool:

All boxed with original packaging and mint aside from Lace who sadly is unboxed. Lace is the hardest figure of the set to find mainly because she came boxed with the Ibara art book/comic/sketchbook. It's a shame, but I will find another Lace CIB one day. :)

I already have the art book that came with Lace anyway so I have two now. I also already have Therese, I bought both Therese and the book in Akihabara.

Therese, like Lace is another figure that Cave shipped with a pack-in, the official Ibara soundtrack that you often see sold separately. I picked up the CD sealed elsewhere last year. Therese is the easiest of the six to find. Finding a full set with book and CD though isn't easy and it took me some time to put this full kit together. CD not pictured it's packed away on my shelf.

lZiiO7H.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Accidentally started my Japanese Saturn game collection for 99c.

248866.jpg

Christmas Nights, with manual and box (scratched up standard CD case, but the original inner card at the back is in good condition). It was a UK seller, I didn't look so closely so I just presumed it was the PAL version and I wasn't expecting to win it with a 99c bid either.

Far as 90 seconds of Google image search as research shows the only thing I'm missing from is the "Telephone Challenge" card, I've not found any photos of a Christmas Nights spine card.

Interior of the case has an opaque disc holder; the reason I think it may be the original box is the rear box art was only printed on one side instead of two, so there's no reason for a transparent disc holder panel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Little and large arrived earlier today. Quite surprised how big the Zelda book is and how small the Saturn mod chip is. The book looks pretty good quality.

Faz8Wyq.jpg

y6x5jRx.jpg

a5y wrote: »
    Accidentally started my Japanese Saturn game collection for 99c.

Christmas Nights, with manual and box (scratched up standard CD case, but the original inner card at the back is in good condition). It was a UK seller, I didn't look so closely so I just presumed it was the PAL version and I wasn't expecting to win it with a 99c bid either.

how much was postage? if there's someone UK based who I might get 99p JapSat games from it'd work out alot cheaper than buying from rich.van.nistelloyd in Japan, and paying over a fiver for postage.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Little and large arrived earlier today. Quite surprised how big the Zelda book is and how small the Saturn mod chip is. The book looks pretty good quality.

(SNIP)

Be really, really gentle putting in that Saturn modchip. It is far more delicate than other circuit boards since it needs to fit in a slot thats intended for a ribbon cable - it'd take zero effort to snap it accidentally.

Kinda sucks that under the charter I can't link you to sites that have Saturn homebrew if they also have backups. Still, its for the best since it keeps the IP lawyers from sending letters and moderators and admins happy and maybe you'll come across one on your own.

Be really, really gentle putting in that Saturn modchip. It is far more delicate than other circuit boards since it needs to fit in a slot thats intended for a ribbon cable - it'd take zero effort to snap it accidentally.

Kinda sucks that under the charter I can't link you to sites that have Saturn homebrew if they also have backups. Still, its for the best since it keeps the IP lawyers from sending letters and moderators and admins happy and maybe you'll come across one on your own.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW3eRM9qzWwfcQ1Aw2OIfLI2wOxs-2cr8mVGJvihpy32sGmI8o

248892.jpg

I have no idea what you mean. It was a totally innocent comment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cheers for the advice. I'll hopefully be getting EnterNow's assistance on the install since I don't have even that basic level of soldering ability (or "soddering" as the 'Muricans like to call it). I know what you mean about the charter though, sucks, but I guess there's always PMs if you felt I needed to be educated one some matters... :pac:

Lol only just noticed I have a boxed copy of your avatar in one of my drawers.

/Edit: Bit slow tonight, now I see what you did also. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No links or information leading to sites who have illegal roms or iso's.
    Come on, I thought we were all smart enough not to do that.
    Any user here is more than capable of googling the necessary files.
    That's the last of it.
    Next time there'll be a warning.

how much was postage? if there's someone UK based who I might get 99p JapSat games from it'd work out alot cheaper than buying from rich.van.nistelloyd in Japan, and paying over a fiver for postage.

I checked to see if the seller was selling anything else Saturn related but I think it was just a one off.

I did put it through on Parcel Motel So, postage was £3 + the €3.50. I'd probably have given it a pass for not great value for money, but I'd still unused free credit with Parcel Motel from signing up for the service.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No links or information leading to sites who have illegal roms or iso's.
    Come on, I thought we were all smart enough not to do that.
    Any user here is more than capable of googling the necessary files.
    That's the last of it.
    Next time there'll be a warning.

Message received. No more boldness. I'll blank the original post myself. Beaten to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

This landed today, seems pretty nice quality for €7 or whatever it cost. Have to pick up a cheap tri-wing now

9u98n9.jpg

mj2xib.jpg

Whats the story with the massive cab?

urbanledge wrote: »
    Whats the story with the massive cab?

Collecting it Friday...

EnterNow wrote: »
    Collecting it Friday...

you legend

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Collecting it Friday...

...in a back brace by Saturday :D

Good luck with the pickup. By far one of the greatest (and most insane) cab pickups I've ever seen around these parts!

urbanledge wrote: »
    you legend

Well I've only you to thank, you posted the link did ya? :D
    o1s1n wrote: »
    ...in a back brace by Saturday :D

Good luck with the pickup. By far one of the greatest (and most insane) cab pickups I've ever seen around these parts!

The screen didn't seem overly heavy by all accounts, plus two carry handles each side make it that bit more manageable. Not sure how much weight is in the gun section as it was connected to the screen at the time. The driver has trolleys etc so fingers crossed. I'll be afk till Monday though so don't expect any photographic filth till then or maybe midweek...I've a considerable bit or rearranging to do in the shed to accomodate this puppy

Master of the Universe

Ridiculous! I demand filthy, exploitative photos! :pac:

I was looking at some photos of inside one of those big rear projection screens and it's just a big empty space with lamps. So yep, shouldn't be too heavy at all.

The gun part would need to weight a ton though given it's interaction with the public. Should be an interesting afternoon trying to transport it anyway!

I'll be afk till Monday though so don't expect any photographic filth till then or maybe midweek...I've a considerable bit or rearranging to do in the shed to accomodate this puppy

This reminds me of how courtrooms don't allow TV crews in to film, but a court artist is OK.

I guess that means its open day for "speculation on EnterNow's new arcade machine: MSPAINT edition" until you get back to us.

249024.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Good news everyone! My amiga cd 32 is alive!
    Bad news only 1 of 5 games so far works. And that game is trolls.
    But hey! Ive two copies of the sensible soccer and that is lovely.

I guess that means its open day for "speculation on EnterNow's new arcade machine: MSPAINT edition" until you get back to us.

249024.png

Speculation? Nah, twas on adverts sure!

MjI1ZTFiMDE1ZTI5ZjIyOGUxYTM2MGJhYjUxMmJjYWSvOm-CcoN15YVT7zs77DYBaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMjg4ODgwZTI2NDQyM2M0Y2MxMmYwYjVlOWU0Mzk1YTNjNjlkMTJhMWViMDgwODMxMGZjNzg2ODgyYTg4NjVmNC5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

And something like this without the windoe & huge door

img-1.jpg

Speculation? Nah, twas on adverts sure!

Oh, I meant more on speculating on exactly what problems / total lack of problems you're encountering while afk.
    And something like this without the windoe & huge door

img-1.jpg

Too hard to shoop them out. Best I can do is scribble over them or pixellate them out. Or maybe hide them behind another identical shed, which will also have the windows or doors. :p

Pixellating won't be good though because it makes everyone presume your shed either is either 1] arrested and charged but not yet convicted of a crime or 2] has obscenely large fibreglass genitals fitted.

Oh, I meant more on speculating on exactly what problems / total lack of problems you're encountering while afk.

I'll be grand don't worry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

The starting of a mini-childhood PSX collection starts

Received this morning,
    PS1 Wipeout 3 'Special Edition' Promo

249065.png

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The ad "Gunblade New York Deluxe Twin Shooter" has been marked as sold‏

I'm still in absolute awe :D

This discussion has been closed.