Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    The starting of a mini-childhood PSX collection starts

Received this morning,
    PS1 Wipeout 3 'Special Edition' Promo

249065.png

I have the full version of Wipeout 3:SE, it is most excellent, especially the remade legacy tracks.
    Nice purchase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    The ad "Gunblade New York Deluxe Twin Shooter" has been marked as sold‏

I'm still in absolute awe :D

And I'm in absolute pain...the muscle tissue in my arms specifically :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    And I'm in absolute pain...the muscle tissue in my arms specifically :o

Move go okay? (apart from the pain of course!), more importantly, does it still work?! :)

Move go okay? (apart from the pain of course!), more importantly, does it still work?! :)

Went ok yeah...had to remove the gun section from the base part as it would have been too wide to fit through the house. Had to take the front door off the house too (they lift off when opened fully thank god!)...was very close though!

Had to ask the neighbor then to give me a hand getting it all from the kitchen up to the end of the garden...despite everything being on wheels, they wheels just dug into the stones in the garden so wheeling didn't work...they had to be lifted. Say it was some sight...two blokes lifting a 50" screen up a back garden taking breaks every ten seconds :o

I'm not at home now till Monday, so there it shall sit until then! In pieces!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if the neighbours will ever get used to what sounds like a North Korean incursion going on in next doors shed?
    Ah, feck them, invite them over to see, and charge them admission!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why would anyone buy a Gunblade cabinet when you can get the game on the Wii?

(I'm actually really very jealous :) )

Can you actually imagine what Sauron would do to you if you brought that into the house?

Actually, can we have the next A&R Beers up there, not in your house, but outside on the street, so we can see and hear her reaction, and also watch your ass get thrown out? ;)

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Went ok yeah...had to remove the gun section from the base part as it would have been too wide to fit through the house. Had to take the front door off the house too (they lift off when opened fully thank god!)...was very close though!

Had to ask the neighbor then to give me a hand getting it all from the kitchen up to the end of the garden...despite everything being on wheels, they wheels just dug into the stones in the garden so wheeling didn't work...they had to be lifted. Say it was some sight...two blokes lifting a 50" screen up a back garden taking breaks every ten seconds :o

I'm not at home now till Monday, so there it shall sit until then! In pieces!

You know're committed when the house doors start coming off the hinges :D

So the screen turned out to weight a ton in the end too? eek!

Can't wait to see it all assembled :).

So that's a dedicated hyperspin cab, two mini taito woody cabs, dedicated Ridge Racing Driver and now a dedicated shooter. What dedicated genres are left? Maybe a dance cab? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The man now has cab addiction syndrome, them minis he picked up tipped him over the edge. He's just in free fall now who knows what's next, no cab is safe. I can't wait to see it set up, roll on the pictures.

Being a tad more grounded than the cab buying folk I bought Spec Ops from a nice person on Adverts today, to make me feel better for not getting Espgaluda 2 from Safetyboy!
    It was only €16 as well, so happy with that, given it's probably one of the most important military themed FPS's to be released in a very long time.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Being a tad more grounded whipped than the cab buying folk I bought Spec Ops from a nice person on Adverts today

:p:D

You know're committed when the house doors start coming off the hinges :D

So the screen turned out to weight a ton in the end too? eek!

Can't wait to see it all assembled :).

So that's a dedicated hyperspin cab, two mini taito woody cabs, dedicated Ridge Racing Driver and now a dedicated shooter. What dedicated genres are left? Maybe a dance cab? :D

Tekken 3 cab, two player six button setup - mame pc in it at the mo
    Ridge Racer cab - standup version, stock
    Gunblade - dedicated shooter cab, stock
    x2 Taito Woodies, these need gutting...plan to have them as dedicated mvs cabs eventually

So thats my bases covered :D

Master of the Universe

How about one for MVS and one vertical for shmups? Whack a Raiden board in there ;)

Surely it's only a matter of time til Raiden 2 is properly emulated?
    I have Raiden and the Raiden Fighters games running on the mame cab myself and they are all sorts of WOW!
    Viper Phase 1 is breathtaking as well.
    I tell you, a dedicated Shmup cab would be nice......

And, as for me Mr EnterNow....
    whipped-600x480.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

What dedicated genres are left? Maybe a dance cab? :D

If anyone actually got a a DDR cab I would literally move in with them and I'm not even lying.

Check these bad boys out,
    I commissioned these from a friend.
    The unholy trinity!
    20130413_211950.jpg

Not retro by any means but my daughter arrived this morning at 11.30, bang on time and well packaged, will deal with again :)

yael1.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congrats dude! :cool:

Wonderful....
    They spend most of there time horizontal now, but in a year or two it's going to be Tate all the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Okay I've taken a bit more stock of where my amiga adventure is currently.
    Here it goes:

damaged console in post
    missing a game
    games not all boxed
    controller not 100%
    games very poor condition
    and so far 2 games out of 10 have worked!

I'm getting no replies from the seller. What can I do here?
    Bought on adverts with paypal, do I have any comeback?

Worst transaction ever!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The admins will tell you to call the police.

I'd be contacting paypal, I'd say they can sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yep, Paypal is the way to go. Open up a dispute and if he ignores you there you'll win automatically after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yep, Paypal is the way to go. Open up a dispute and if he ignores you there you'll win automatically after a while.
    Afaik this is only if the money was sent as 'goods' and not 'gifted', gifting does make it hard to get money back for sure. Or if you were invoiced, you can claim too, not 100% since it's late lol.

I have to stay away from ebay at work.
    I get a quiet few minutes, have a look and then buy stuff :(
    Apparently this is how it's supposed to work, but it's not healthy for my bank a/c!
    So, yesterday I bought Doom 3 BFG, Spec Ops The Line and nearly got Espgaluda for the PS2, just pipped at the post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sera wrote: »
    Afaik this is only if the money was sent as 'goods' and not 'gifted', gifting does make it hard to get money back for sure. Or if you were invoiced, you can claim too, not 100% since it's late lol.

Pretty sure I sent it as goods after seeing the trouble Retro had with the 3DO from the same seller.

The whole debacle has been really frustrating.

On a brighter note, got the Legend of the Mystical Ninja the other day.

Got a nice surprise when I came into work today,
    one of the lads was clearing out his attic getting ready to build an extension and brought me in a bag of stuff he was going to fling!

First up!This lot of PS1 games.I'll have to go thought them later and see whats complete.

2013-04-15%252008.19.15.jpg

And secondly but not pictured is a Chipped PS2!
    Looks to be complete with cables and a few memory cards.
    And a hand full of back up games.

I'll be getting ESPGaluda for sure later!
    Anyone any advice on a PS2 to Jamma converter?

Getting a PS1 off him tomorrow too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

good old TIF, the best footie game francise of them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

urbanledge wrote: »
    Anyone any advice on a PS2 to Jamma converter?

Getting a PS1 off him tomorrow too

http://etim.net.au/scart2arcV20_orders/orders.htm I have this

That looks good safetyboy,
    what games do you use it for?

If its all working ok It'd be going in my tate cab I think so would be limited to shumps
    Quick look on ebay shows up this.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/150879775514?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_11827wt_1163

Looks good with free uk postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

TBH ive not ever used it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement