Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

Ha ha ha
    Keeping it mint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Got one of these in the post recently and im sure i will be happy with it when i get the bloody thing working properly.

The main linux release for it is not being supported anymore but i didnt find that out until i done 3 different installations of Maverick meerkat

(Yes i know i compared the meerkats):rolleyes:

So now i am trying android on it to see if i get any joy out of it

Specs

The Efika MX Smarttop is a cloud computer with the following specifications:

Freescale i.MX515 (ARM Cortex-A8 800MHz)
    3D Graphics Processing Unit
    WXGA display support (HDMI)
    Multi-format High-Definition hardware video decoder
    512MB RAM
    8GB Internal SSD
    10/100Mbit/s Ethernet
    802.11 b/g/n WiFi
    SDHC card reader
    2x USB 2.0 ports
    Audio jacks for headset
    Built-in speaker
    Size: 160x115x20mm
    Weight: 250 grams

genesi_efika_mx_smarttop.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

urbanledge wrote: »
    That looks good safetyboy,
    what games do you use it for?

If its all working ok It'd be going in my tate cab I think so would be limited to shumps
    Quick look on ebay shows up this.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/150879775514?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_11827wt_1163

Looks good with free uk postage.

I'd speak to Pyonyang before buying one of those PS2 yokes you linked - I believe there is some soldering involved to get them working properly.

Safetyboy's yoke is for sale on J+ here. Not sure if you need to buy anything extra to plug controllers in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

You need an extra board and padhacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Congrats Mozie, not many GET's will make you as proud as that one!

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'd speak to Pyonyang before buying one of those PS2 yokes you linked - I believe there is some soldering involved to get them working properly.

Safetyboy's yoke is for sale on J+ here. Not sure if you need to buy anything extra to plug controllers in though.

Cheers ,
    will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Andrew76 wrote: »

That one linked is a Viletim adapter. They are supposed to be very good. I had the PS2 MGCD until recently. Sold it now though.

They are a pain in the arse to start with because so little info is available for them. I modified mine though to short the pins that force a timer to display on screen and also had Franco B make me up a JAMMA passthru to solve the pin grounding issue.

Once you get them working though they are fantastic devices.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    That one linked is a Viletim adapter. They are supposed to be very good. I had the PS2 MGCD until recently. Sold it now though.

They are a pain in the arse to start with because so little info is available for them. I modified mine though to short the pins that force a timer to display on screen and also had Franco B make me up a JAMMA passthru to solve the pin grounding issue.

Once you get them working though they are fantastic devices.

Aye, but the one urban linked from ebay is the same as yours though? Which isn't exactly plug and play.

Ah yes, that's an MGCD variant. Same thing under the hood though.

The 'Viletim' is a different beast as you need to buy add-on board(s) to hook up controllers.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    The 'Viletim' is a different beast as you need to buy add-on board(s) to hook up controllers.

Looks like its a more flexible option

• Advertisement

urbanledge wrote: »
    Looks like its a more flexible option

If you have the funds go the Viletim route. Looks like a decent bit of kit to me.

I've not tried the Viletim kit but it's supposedly very good. Through owning the MGCD I discovered I prefer keeping my consoles on my DELL CRT and Sony PVM, hence I got rid of the PCB.

Keep the PCB's for the cab and the hori's for the Supergun/PVM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked this up for under a tenner, has to ok at that price?

4ikdna.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,181 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've had my ps1/ps2 MGCD for about three years now. Only thing it's even worked on properly is a supergun.

Whenever I connect it to a cab, I get picture but can't insert a credit. The thing won't run if a credit isn't registered.

It's the same issue all the other ones have (playstation buttons being routed to the jamma ground pins). you can create a fingerboard to ground it all off properly, but meh, as Pyong said, I'm just going to stick with a Trini for my consoles.

Would have been nice to get some light gun games going with it though :(

/Edit - just to say, anyone who is interested in trying my one out, let me know. There might be a cab out there which it works on! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I may put up pics later but over the weekend I managed to score the following:

Original Xbox with three S controllers, DVD remote and Halo 2 still in the DVD drive for the grand total of a fiver. Will be soft modding it, upgrading the HDD and installing CoinOps4 to have a second CoinOps4 station.

PSOne with power and rf cable (already have an RGB cable I can use instead) with no controllers and 2 Dreamcast games thrown in for free, market stall seller originally wanted €20 for just the console but bargained him down and took the 2 DC games off his hands for €15.

Achilles wrote: »
    I may put up pics later but over the weekend I managed to score the following:

Original Xbox with three S controllers, DVD remote and Halo 2 still in the DVD drive for the grand total of a fiver. Will be soft modding it, upgrading the HDD and installing CoinOps4 to have a second CoinOps4 station.

PSOne with power and rf cable (already have an RGB cable I can use instead) with no controllers and 2 Dreamcast games thrown in for free, market stall seller originally wanted €20 for just the console but bargained him down and took the 2 DC games off his hands for €15.

CoinOps5 is out now mate, plenty of new titles playable, also get r10 (you dont need any of the previous updates if you do the coinops5 full install, r10 adds a few fixes and scanlines!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CoinOps5 is out now mate, plenty of new titles playable, also get r10 (you dont need any of the previous updates if you do the coinops5 full install, r10 adds a few fixes and scanlines!!!

Ugh I'd rather not have to go through the pain of trying to get that much UG credit again, unless you know of some place else that it can be obtained?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Achilles wrote: »
    Ugh I'd rather not have to go through the pain of trying to get that much UG credit again, unless you know of some place else that it can be obtained?

Its a golden torrent week on UG this week good way of boosting ratio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Its a golden torrent week on UG this week good way of boosting ratio

Or just give them $20 and never worry about ratio again.
    Worth every cent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow!
    I've waited weeks for items to arrive from the UK and the EU, yet I received my latest purchase from Japan today and it was posted, via airmail no special courier, on the 12th of this month! So, 4 days from the opposite side of the planet, brilliant!
    But anyway, the lovely purchase is Sega Rally 2006 including the exclusive Sega Rally 1995 edition, coming with GT Wheel support, including force feedback, so now I'm going to have to buy one of those too!
    Can it be true that Sega Rally 1995 is only available for the ps2 in this package?
    Seems like a massive undertaking for such a small potential audience.
    Also, the thing looks brand new, really nice indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

..odd one this
    I'd a copy of Joe Montana sitting in my collection for a year , with a ripped label on the cart.
    I'd bought it for a quid solely to use the box for reprinting a better games label.
    I just happened to try it today and discovered it was a different game entirely
    (I'll let the vid do the talking..)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck!
    Got a Driving Force wheel on Amazon for 29 euro, to go with the Sega Rally I just picked up, as close to a Sega Rally cab as I'll ever get!
    Take my credit card away!
    I can't watch the video Bob!
    What game did it turn out to be?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Feck!
    Got a Driving Force wheel on Amazon for 29 euro, to go with the Sega Rally I just picked up, as close to a Sega Rally cab as I'll ever get!
    Take my credit card away!
    I can't watch the video Bob!
    What game did it turn out to be?

Shamoan!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Shamoan!
    Ah ..ooh!
    [grabs crotch]
    Moonwalker
    (Not the one with thriller mind you but still...;))

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Ah ..ooh!
    [grabs crotch]
    Moonwalker
    (Not the one with thriller mind you but still...;))

I can see the headlines

"Man has hand to crotch whilst surfing net with his free hand"

Sure that never happens!

Oh, and in my early morning spree I also bought Jumping Flash 3: Robbit Mon Dieu for the PS, up to Pyongyang mentioning it recently I didn't know it existed, and I've been a fan of the games since their release!

No more purchases now til next month, aside from Donkey Kong Country Returns and NSMB Wii that I'm picking up tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked up a few bits today, which ill post later.

I got a nice tax refund last week which is paying for a new car but so far it's going on drink, smokes, games and pokemon cards :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Picked up a few bits today, which ill post later.

I got a nice tax refund last week which is paying for a new car but so far it's going on drink, smokes, games and pokemon cards :P

Sounds like my primary school.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Sounds like my primary school.......

It's practically my daily routine since I was 3 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Couple of recent gets :)

8656059866_6b0eb22ce1_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

E96A8078-AB6D-42AB-B3B0-E23F316C0645-362-000000E1F119C9A6.jpg

35755E22-C4EF-4D80-81E0-FBD041F22F24-362-000000E40D571328.jpg

01A49CC8-8EF0-43E4-BDAA-5FD59C2A0695-362-000000E41DCA029D.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement