Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Couple of recent gets :)

8656059866_6b0eb22ce1_b.jpg

That 'wood' looks familiar ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Today purchases:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Its a golden torrent week on UG this week good way of boosting ratio

Score! Thanks for the head's up. It's at times like these I'm glad that I have a server to do all my seeding for me 24/7. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Today purchases:

I played that sega rally game in my mates house sooooooooo much when I was a tennager. I had a Playstation and he had a Saturn. I'd nearly buy a Saturn now just for that game! ....nearly

Think my PSX/PS1 collection is complete :)
    • Grand Theft Auto - Limited Edition (with audio CD)
    • Gran Turismo
    • Gran Turismo 2
    • WipeOut
    • WipeOut 2097
    • Wip3Out (will go nicely with 'Special Edition' Promo disc)
    249752.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    • Gran Turismo
    • Gran Turismo 2
    • WipeOut
    • WipeOut 2097
    249752.jpg

wipeout :,(

damn you sony *Hugs Wipeout fury *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I played that sega rally game in my mates house sooooooooo much when I was a tennager. I had a Playstation and he had a Saturn. I'd nearly buy a Saturn now just for that game! ....nearly

Yeah I have fond memories of playing it on a cab out in the square in tallaght. I do already have a copy of it in the Saturn but it doesn't work.
    KeRbDoG wrote: »
    • Gran Turismo
    • Gran Turismo 2
    • WipeOut
    • WipeOut 2097

Gran turismo 1 and 2 are possibly my favourite games on the ps1, very nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, I think there's a few gaps in your collection there bro'
    No Rayman for a start, no F1'97 and no G-Police!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No need to buy a Saturn, although why not? It's a great machine!
    I just picked up, and played a few minutes ago, Sega Rally on the PS2.
    And pretty great it is too, it is/was a limited edition pack in disk with the first pressing on Sega Rally 2006, a japan only Sega Rally release, instead of it we got Sega Rally on the PS3/360 the following year.
    The 2006 game is essentially a port of Sega Rally 2 in a lot of ways, but the 1995 Sega Rally is a lovely version of the Saturn and Arcade favourite, running at a silky 60fps with nice colours and transparent windows!
    It's not too expensive on the PS2, coming in at around €35 posted but you will need a PS2 capable of playing Japanese games, so Swapmagic, Mod Chip or a TEST machine like me!
    But it is pretty sweet never the less.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm, I think there's a few gaps in your collection there bro'
    No Rayman for a start, no F1'97 and no G-Police!

Ah, G-Police...and Syndicate Wars - after that its complete. never a F1'97+ fan or even played Rayman

• Advertisement

Oh no!
    There's tons more!
    Magic Carpet?
    Jungle Strike?
    Road Rash?
    Need for Speed?
    Need for Speed Road Challenge?
    the list is (almost) endless!

Oh no!
    There's tons more!
    Magic Carpet?
    Jungle Strike?
    Road Rash?
    Need for Speed?
    Need for Speed Road Challenge?
    the list is (almost) endless!

Aiming for games which I had/liked when I had a PS1 originally :) don't want to end up collecting everything. Madness!

Come down here and say that!

Oh, and here's this beauty that I got yesterday, looking forward to trying the Driving Force wheel with it,
    vYAbOkf.jpeg

Come down here and say that!

Oh, and here's this beauty that I got yesterday, looking forward to trying the Driving Force wheel with it,
    vYAbOkf.jpeg

Not jealous, not jealous, not jealous..... Damn it I'm jealous!!!

I have the phat ps2 and at some point will get round to modding it to play jap. Its on the to do list
    No need to buy a Saturn, although why not? It's a great machine!
    I just picked up, and played a few minutes ago, Sega Rally on the PS2.
    And pretty great it is too, it is/was a limited edition pack in disk with the first pressing on Sega Rally 2006, a japan only Sega Rally release, instead of it we got Sega Rally on the PS3/360 the following year.
    The 2006 game is essentially a port of Sega Rally 2 in a lot of ways, but the 1995 Sega Rally is a lovely version of the Saturn and Arcade favourite, running at a silky 60fps with nice colours and transparent windows!
    It's not too expensive on the PS2, coming in at around €35 posted but you will need a PS2 capable of playing Japanese games, so Swapmagic, Mod Chip or a TEST machine like me!
    But it is pretty sweet never the less.

Used to love desert strike back in the day. Lookin forward to givin this a go!

11932997-6CE7-43A9-97BC-3CD6F9E62E12-597-000001A95289585A.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Latest Items to add to my collection.....

Tape deck to use with my old computers.

Dixonstapedeck_zpsb63e415d.jpg

PuckMonster ( handheld Pac-man game). I will remove the stickers.

Puckmonster_zpsb9a4bfdd.jpg

Super Advantage Joystick for my snes.

Nintendosuperadvantagejoystick_zps13bea8cf.jpg

and Finally Blastcorps for the N64.

Blastcorp_zps85c0e6e4.jpg

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That reminds me, I must pick up a copy of Parappa The Rappa... I can't ever seem to get it to emulate properly as the timing of the game is always off.

That's what I like to tell myself anyway...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Latest Items to add to my collection.....

PuckMonster ( handheld Pac-man game). I will remove the stickers.

Puckmonster_zpsb9a4bfdd.jpg

Have that beauty myself (minus the stickers). Unfortunately it's dead as Dillinger. :( Loved playing that as a kid. Can still hear the music.

Hmm, I loves me some Blastcorp!
    Love to see that 3d-ified on the 3ds, no need to update in any other way.

Also, picked up Donkey Kong Country Returns and NSMB Wii this afternoon, no real bargain either, 38 for both collected
    Right now I just need to pick up Mario Galaxy 2 and the two Kirby games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

DKCR goes a fair mile to blowing the original trilogy out of the water. I dunno if you're a fan of the 'Wiimote as NESpad' style, but if not, there's a hack out there that allows the use of a Classic Controller.

I felt it was the best buy of the two, NSMB Wii a game that sold in massive numbers but DKCR no so much and the values are holding if not rising.
    Kirby Return to Dreamland/Adventure is getting very expensive and Kirby Epic Yarn probably going to got the same way, and I own neither of them!
    Kirby's Dream collection doesn't seem to have gotten a PAL release, anyone know if it is going to be released here in the future or have we missed the boat?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I felt it was the best buy of the two, NSMB Wii a game that sold in massive numbers but DKCR no so much and the values are holding if not rising.
    Kirby Return to Dreamland/Adventure is getting very expensive and Kirby Epic Yarn probably going to got the same way, and I own neither of them!
    Kirby's Dream collection doesn't seem to have gotten a PAL release, anyone know if it is going to be released here in the future or have we missed the boat?

Best pick it up NTSC. Nintendo have no plans to release anymore Wii games so it's not coming over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I felt it was the best buy of the two, NSMB Wii a game that sold in massive number but DKCR no so much and the values are holding if not rising.

I found the same thing when I went about finishing of my Wii collection. Let me know if you manage to find kirbys adventure anywhere cheap. Costs a small fortune at the moment and Nintendo games seem to hold their price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Walked into Tesco in Cavan and walked out with The Last Story and Metroid Prime trilogy.

I bet there's a Xenoblade hidden somewhere on the shelves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,181 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ooooh, if you got Metroid Prime Trilogy for anything under 50-60 you made some money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

wtlltw wrote: »
    Walked into Tesco in Cavan and walked out with The Last Story and Metroid Prime trilogy.

I bet there's a Xenoblade hidden somewhere on the shelves

No fair, I always check the game section and have never found anything but Dora the Explorer type shovelware.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,181 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Some Tesco games displays are hilarious. I found one in town (I think it was the Tesco in the Jervis Centre) which still had PS2 games marked at their original retail value. Not only that, the original retail value was still on the display in front of the games too - It was like the display hadn't been changed in ten years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

o1s1n wrote: »
    Some Tesco games displays are hilarious. I found one in town (I think it was the Tesco in the Jervis Centre) which still had PS2 games marked at their original retail value. Not only that, the original retail value was still on the display in front of the games too - It was like the display hadn't been changed in ten years.

The one I go to has a whole display area of PS2 games with stuff like Soul Blade 3 and God of War (platinum) around the €20 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ooooh, if you got Metroid Prime Trilogy for anything under 50-60 you made some money :)

It was priced €50, but I had been tempted to buy a second hand version from Smyths for €30 a few weeks ago.

The only problem is it's sealed and mint, mint and mint, I'll wait and see if I ever get round to playing it (already have 1 and 3 and just never got round to buying 2, but like the fact that I have all three on one disc).

They still have full price PS2 games, which was hilarious. Maybe Tesco Bailieboro is the store were all the unsold games end up. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement