Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ahhh the scratches

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

eddhorse wrote: »
    Ahhh the scratches

How much was the Micro?
    I have the G&W DK jr too, thankfully scratch free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So while I ponder on what next Sega system to invest in (looking like a Dreamcast, want a red one!) my Vita Slim came in the post, jaysus its actually beautiful! It feels so light and nice in my hands, feels so slim lines and I dont care what people say, its better than the OLED version, feels like I can bring it outside the house without it being distroyed or scratched or whatever, like a 3ds :D

Heres some bad pics that dont really show how cool it is!

12496473195_2e8e1a1641_o.jpg

Its very shiney, hard to get a pic for ya's

12496604813_c259cd6a69_o.jpg12496602193_fb6cfc9550_o.jpg

eddhorse wrote: »
    Ahhh the scratches

Pity about the scratches! I do love your Micro, how much did you pay?
    I got a Hot Pink Micro last year, its nice, but I kinda want your one instead. Best system to play SMW, screen is amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pity about the scratches! I do love your Micro, how much did you pay?
    I got a Hot Pink Micro last year, its nice, but I kinda want your one instead. Best system to play SMW, screen is amazing.

I may know someone who had one of those for sale....
    Not saying who, could be anyone really....

Whisper it to me?

EDIT: doh, got cha! As handsome as it is, it is a little out of my price range.

Whisper it to me?

EDIT: doh, got cha! As handsome as it is, it is a little out of my price range.

Well, everything is open to negotiation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Neither of those are mine by the way, was just highlighting the poor scratches.

I also have a pink Micro.

@Ciderman is the one for sale a normal micro with famicom case or is it the Famicom anniversary one? If it's the latter I might be interested.

Ed

It's the Nintendo Micro Anniversary edition, but it's the one they made for the Chinese market so it's an iQue device instead of Nintendo and it comes with the very rare Famicom Controller 2 cover, that was only available on Club Nintendo for a limited time.

I may be sticking it on eBay though.
    Make some car repair /PS4 money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Got some animation cels today

One Street Sharks backround with a seperate cel of 2 characters and one back to the future one. They are fantastic...off to buy more now

IMG_20140214_192802_zpsgwanzjao.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They look great, well done! :) going to frame them?

Still no sign of mine....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Not something retro, barely video game related but picked up a new lipstick called "Princess Peach" only noticed now, must have been my subconscious, just thought it was funny. Hard to get a photo.

o1s1n wrote: »

Careful, you know what happened to Roger Rabbit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »

Still no sign of mine....!

Think I will, have a panoramic ghostbusters one in my sights now aswell

Yeah mine got here really quick. Just over a week I think

Picked up Resident Evil 4 on the Wii at last, only a tenner, and whilst I was at it I picked up Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena too, for 6 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Got this this morning. Complete with 16gb memory card. :)

v3OCcGE.jpg

Some great Vita deals out there, I see the wifi device plus the mem card and preinstalled games for 160 or so, a bargain for such a decent machine.
    Most of the content seems to be digital at this stage, with PSN+ delivering most of its physical content for free, if your patient.
    Nice buy!

How did the house move go, but?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

So after two decades of playing Need For Speed on the 3DO at least once a fortnight, I took the plunge and bought the PS1 version and can report that it is indeed awful. Gone is the FMV of the cheesy race commentator, gone is the responsive, if understandably dated, handling, gone is all the charm that modern games such as Forza, as great as they are, just don't seem to possess. A misjudged purchase.

I did enjoy the extra tracks though, but losing the racing opponent was awful, and the cap of it all was the non 3do NfS2 which was utter tripe.
    They regained some dignity with the incredibly good NfS3 and NfS:Road Challenge.
    I'm lucky enough to have all of the franchise so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think my favourite need for Speed has to be hot pursuit on the PS2. Ridiculously fun. Countless hours put in playing as the cops and the racers trying to unlock all the cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I play the 3DO NFS fairly often. Still have the high scores on my original 3DO from 1994 or 95 when my brother and myself were challenging each other :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Steve SI wrote: »
    I play the 3DO NFS fairly often. Still have the high scores on my original 3DO from 1994 or 95 when my brother and myself were challenging each other :)

Does the 3DO have a battery based save system or something else?

Does the 3DO have a battery based save system or something else?

Battery backed NVRAM. And it ain't easy to just swap out the battery. My original 3DO is still working off the original battery that was in it in the mid 90's :)

Mine too!
    3DO,
    Any colour as long as it's black, and awesome!

I think my favourite need for Speed has to be hot pursuit on the PS2. Ridiculously fun. Countless hours put in playing as the cops and the racers trying to unlock all the cars

Yeah, it's great, pitiful on the Xbox and GC though, they got a different company to do the ports and they're dreadful.
    My favourite ones were the 3DO original, Road Challenge on the PS and the PC edition of Porsche Challenge.

• Advertisement

Despite promising myself not to buy anything for a while I just won Kirby Dreamland 3 and Kirby Super Deluxe, both for the SFC, on eBay.
    Only 16 posted for both, which is pretty good.
    I also like the look of the famicom cart, which is a fetching pink colour, despite already having the Nes title.
    I must pick up the rest of the series actually, I have the more expensive titles already, Kirbys Air Tide, Epic Yarn, Return to Dreamland as well as Tilt'n Tumble, Superstar Ultra, Kirby 64 and Kirbys Adventure on the Gameboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Steve SI wrote: »
    Battery backed NVRAM. And it ain't easy to just swap out the battery. My original 3DO is still working off the original battery that was in it in the mid 90's :)

Wasn't it the first 3DO that needed you to load a disc to run the memory manager for the built in save spaces? Did the later units have the software built into the BIOS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ya, game guru or some sh1te like that..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Despite promising myself not to buy anything for a while I just won Kirby Dreamland 3 and Kirby Super Deluxe, both for the SFC, on eBay.

Not bad, must get the SFC version myself. The US release was a 1997 release so goes for stupid money or at least did last I looked.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not bad, must get the SFC version myself. The US release was a 1997 release so goes for stupid money or at least did last I looked.

I'm pretty happy, those are unboxed but you can get Dreamland 3 boxed for similar money. And a lovely game it is too, some interesting effects too, doing novel things with the hardware.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If only I could find an english copy of harvest moon for the same money :(

Master of the Universe

Yesterday I had to disassemble 10 consoles from the mighty Trinitron. A sad day indeed. :(

Lets just hope there's space on the other end to connect it all back up again ...:eek:

I think a house warming Beers might be in order..... now that you're going to be a repatriated southsider!
    Speaking of which, I've noticed a certain bias in the VHI ads, the top blokes getting hurt are playing the universally popular rugby and hockey when they get injured and need private emergency care... filthy GAA and Association football players can bugger off the Mater!

Master of the Universe

I think a house warming Beers might be in order..... now that you're going to be a repatriated southsider!
    !

I'd be up for that :) Will figure something out when I get moved in.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If only I could find an english copy of harvest moon for the same money :(

Well, unboxed ones seem to be out there, on the Snes, for around 30, pick up the German knew, get the English rom flashed and bobs your in law.

Kerbdog could probably hook you up, if Mryddin is busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Picked up Monster Hunter with the pad for a tenner off Adverts. Great seller, no messing at all.
    My son was playing it yesterday for a few hours and gave it a thumbs up.

ohyg.jpg

Also picked up this for the sfc collection, not one you see everyday.

glwg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got 4 Vectrex carts for Mr. Burton today :) Even have a overlays for 2 of them.

Picked up a PS1 and some NeoGeo stuff from O1s1n as well. I need to be doing a cull and not gathering more stuff !!

Master of the Universe

I suddenly feel three 6 slots lighter. The relief :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Doge

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Also picked up this for the sfc collection, not one you see everyday.

glwg.jpg

Which game is that? :)

• Advertisement

Just bought Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze in Gamestop Swords and it was a horrible experience.
    The assistant really laid on the message about loyalty cards and extended guarantees, awful stuff.
    And the new card system has levels determined by your loyalty to the shore and, well, it gets all a bit complex.
    Also picked up XCom for the PS3, the 3rd person shooter one and also Assassins Creed 3, both for about 8 euro each. Not too bad.

I'm in two minds about DKC:TF at the moment, thinking of picking up DKC1 for the GBA at the weekend maybe instead.

My son is playing DKCTF right now and it looks beautiful, I will get shot at it later and report back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The assistant really laid on the message about loyalty cards and extended guarantees, awful stuff.
    And the new card system has levels determined by your loyalty to the shore and, well, it gets all a bit complex.

Did it go anything like this, you being C and the assistant being A

A: Hi, have you got a loyalty card

C: No

A: Would you like a loyalty card

A: Are you sure

C : Yes

A: But sir you could have earned X amount off your next purchase.
    Are you certain your not interested.

C: Yes

A: Okay, would you be interested in insurance in case anything
    happens to the disk. Anything at all, like it gets scratched or
    the dog eats it or it's run over by a car. You never know.

C: No, I've got games at home that predate colour televisions and they're all still perfectly fine.

A: Are you sure, it's only a euro.

C: Just give me the f##kin game.

I'm in two minds about DKC:TF at the moment, thinking of picking up DKC1 for the GBA at the weekend maybe instead.

But Donkey Kong Country is a dull uninspired platformer with advanced for it's time graphics that look like utter **** now whereas DKCR is a genuinely great game. It should be an easy decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Did it go anything like this, you being C and the assistant being A

A: Hi, have you got a loyalty card

A: Would you like a loyalty card

A: Are you sure

C : Yes

A: But sir you could have earned X amount off your next purchase.
    Are you certain your not interested.

C: Yes

A: Okay, would you be interested in insurance in case anything
    happens to the disk. Anything at all, like it gets scratched or
    the dog eats it or it's run over by a car. You never know.

C: No, I've got games at home that predate colour televisions and they're all still perfectly fine.

A: Are you sure, it's only a euro.

C: Just give me the f##kin game.

My usual response so that last question is "well if I scratch the disc then it's my own bloody stupid fault, isn't it? No I don't want insurance...".

Mine included a preamble about the wonderful discounts I could get on one of the games, but I wasn't interested, still took her time to go through the option though.
    Forget waterboarding, just find out what a suspected terrorists favourite console is and get him to try and buy a new release in Gamestop, he'll tell you anything just to get the damn game in the bag and out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

MrVestek wrote: »
    My usual response so that last question is "well if I scratch the disc then it's my own bloody stupid fault, isn't it? No I don't want insurance...".

I just look them awkwardly in the eye and say nutting.....:cool: they cant do **** all then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Flaregon wrote: »
    I just look them awkwardly in the eye and say nutting.....:cool: they cant do **** all then.....

not that im stickin up for them but lets face it theyre told to sell the insurance as are Argos. I'm sure gamestop make lots of money from it and id gaurantee you the employee gets sweet fa other than a bollickin if they don't mention it from their script.

nicest way to deal with its just no thanks.

• Advertisement

As a fan of the Tempest franchise I was shocked to learn that a new edition was to be had on the PS Vita.
    TxK is now available from PSN, and for around €5.50 to PSN+ subscribers, and for about a euro more for non subscribers.
    And the good news is it's gorgeous.
    The Vita is screen is all kinds of perfect, bright colours blessed with the brilliant contrast levels.
    Well worth the few bob tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement