Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You might have messed up some of the tickets in the install.

Why not go into the system menu and do a system update? It should reinstall stock firmware to all defaults so that you can try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

MrVestek wrote: »
    You might have messed up some of the tickets in the install.

Why not go into the system menu and do a system update? It should reinstall stock firmware to all defaults so that you can try again.
    ill give it a shot once I find an sd card xD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up the only copy of Senran Kagura Burst in Gamestop yesterday, had a voucher from Christmas too so was handy.
    They thought some creepy old man who lives in his mam's basement would be buying it.
    NSFW

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, a creepy young woman bought it instead!
    And, I didn't know Retr0s mam, aka Sauron, had a basement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I downloaded it off the e-shop myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I downloaded it off the e-shop myself!
    No way! Retr0 said it's supposed to be good, plus USA didn't get a physical release, absolutely delighted.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, a creepy young woman bought it instead!
    And, I didn't know Retr0s mam, aka Sauron, had a basement!
    It's like Oreimo IRL kinda lol
    Saori_profile.jpg

They showed it to us being like "hey, did you see this? hahahahahaha" and I was like "Oh! I was waiting for that ninja boobie game" and got out my wallet.
    Sauron hasn't a basement ... yet.

Sera wrote: »
    No way! Retr0 said it's supposed to be good, plus USA didn't get a physical release, absolutely delighted.

It's like Oreimo IRL kinda lol
    Saori_profile.jpg

They showed it to us being like "hey, did you see this? hahahahahaha" and I was like "Oh! I was waiting for that ninja boobie game" and got out my wallet.
    Sauron hasn't a basement ... yet.

Pre-ordered from game meself for the poster ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm tempted to pick up a physical copy even though I've not got a EU 3DS.

Not really gaming related but finally managed to pick up a detolf display stand from some del boy type on adverts. (Bought up loads of them then was surprised when the likes of power city wouldn't buy them off him).

Anyway it finally gives me somewhere to display some gaming and other memorabilia that also meets the girlfriend seal of approval.

296767.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looks nice. Been meaning to get something like that myself.

Now, *Steve Picture Posting Nazi mode activated!!

Please please resize before posting pics, resize and link, please think of the children :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    Looks nice. Been meaning to get something like that myself.

Please please resize before posting pics, resize and link, please think of the children :)

Ohh sorry I did it from mobile so couldn't tell the difference.

I can remove it if you like.

MrVestek wrote: »
    Ohh sorry I did it from mobile so couldn't tell the difference.

I can remove it if you like.

No need to remove it dude, anyway, I'm not a mod here so you can just tell me to feck off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »

Here's Steve's role as a judge in his favourite TV show...

0401_9bfc.gif

Are your parents german by any chance Steve? ;)

Beginning to think your username is short for Steve SICH HEIL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So I went a bit mad with Gamecube games over the past few weeks, here's me pick ups so far

12901711105_764a26441c_o.jpg

12901803993_2928c59ce4_o.jpg

And I picked up a Pearl Gamecube last week with controller, pretty happy with it. Also got a Game Boy Player, but as usual there is no start up disc with it so will have to keep an eye out for one.

12901813373_eece328bb3_o.jpg

Sera wrote: »

I'm only on Chapter 1 so far, but it's fun so far! I've not nailed the strategy yet, so I'm a bit button mashey, but I'm still enjoying it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

001_zps1c23b47c.jpg?t=1393765378
    002_zpsf2037591.jpg?t=1393765482

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Spent a delightful morning playing Kirby in Dreamland 3.
    When people played Epic Yarn for the first time they remarked, naturally, on the incredible visuals and style.
    Well, Dreamland 3 did the season thing earlier, it looks really impressive compared to the standard Kirby titles, with some really great transparency effects and animation.
    The gameplay is, in a word, slight, at least so far, with little or no challenge in the first world at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Nice haul of NES game I got from a friend for free!
    Few manuals in there aswell, everything needs a good clean though!

IMG_20140303_210547_zpspg6e91qt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Shur you don't need two copies of Super Mario 3 do you? ;)

Shur you don't need two copies of Super Mario 3 do you? ;)

Steve SI strongly objects to your foolishness!

• Advertisement

I think I need a least 2 copies! :P

waveform wrote: »
    Steve SI strongly objects to your foolishness!

Steve SI approves this message :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

nabbed a red gameboy color and a bootleg 43 in 1 cart for a fiver from my friendly charity shop.
    all works but screen is scratched to feck and battery cover is missing . anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement bezel?

Dr Bob wrote: »
    nabbed a red gameboy color and a bootleg 43 in 1 cart for a fiver from my friendly charity shop.
    all works but screen is scratched to feck and battery cover is missing . anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement bezel?

China is yer only man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Super Everdrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Picked up some bits over the last few weeks. Got a nice little frontlit gbc from Steve along with a little scan line unit and a Nintendo iQue with Sin and Punishment on it. Also picked up a couple of gbc Zelda games.

P1020951_zpsbd67a21b.jpg
    P1020957_zpse9411000.jpg
    P1020964_zps600f2ef8.jpg
    Oracles_zpsd87a9202.jpg

Those Jap GBC boxes are very very nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Got Onimusha: Warlords and Timesplitters today. I reckon I might have to have an Onimusha weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

There are 48 PAL red label games for the 2600, I've got 47.

The only one I need is Vanguard, which I've only ever seen one photo of.

Been watching the bay for probably 2 - 3 years hoping it would eventually pop up, when I see this yesterday:

vg1_zps1fd8158e.jpg
    :eek:
    vg2_zpsb446f39c.jpg
    :eek::eek:

Then I have a look at the third picture:

vg3_zpse28ac4b6.jpg
    :(:mad:

Goddam Atari and their cheapass throwing any old cartridge into any box!

On the plus side, it's the first time a red box (:pac:) has come up on the bay that I've seen, so at least I've now got half of a complete game!

On the down side, I'm happy at buying a cardboard box. A fucXing cardboard box. Just take a minute to let that soak in. What happened to my life for gods sake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Haha, amazing!

Is it possible that Vanguard was a standard labeled game that they stuck in a red label box? (would explain you not being able to find a red label version)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

It was standard practice at the time for Atari to throw silver label games in red boxes, there's more chance if you picked up a red label sealed that there would be a silver label inside rather than a red label.
    Mental. Just using up leftovers I imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ahh I have the silver version too, it ain't in good condition though.
    It's an alright game to play as well.

Collecting boxes, I know what you mean, I still kick myself for not buying a Super Metroid box, with instructions, for 40, would have been perfect with my Super Metroid cart, bugger :(

Master of the Universe

I had something similar happen last week.

Was over visiting the parents and noticed a little stack of about 6 or 7 PS2 games.

This was an odd thing as all my games in their house are in their attic. They weren't mine.

From a distance, I saw one spine looked about twice as thick as the rest.

The only PS2 game I know like that is Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence.

Had an expensive game I've been after for a while just turned up randomly in my parents sitting room? How would that even be possible?

I ran over and grabbed the pile of games - It was indeed! what the actual ****?!

Opened up the game box; disc 1 of 3 missing. Seriously. SERIOUSLY?!

I'd recently passed up a very nicely priced boxed version which just had disc 1 of 3. Didn't bother with it as the other two were missing.

so where did it come from?!

urbanledge wrote: »
    so where did it come from?!

aliens-meme.jpeg

waveform wrote: »
    aliens-meme.jpeg

YcCsqH7.jpg

Master of the Universe

Videogame delivering alien overloards? I can live with that :)

Turns out my sister's friend was clearing out his room and came across some ps2 games he didn't want anymore so dropped them over.

Don't know whether to ask him to search for disc 1 as that might make him look the game up on ebay, see it's value and ask for it back :eek:

So Mr Vestek, anally probed much, or just on the weekends?

• Advertisement

So Mr Vestek, anally probed much, or just on the weekends?

Every second Tuesday if you must ask. Why are you interested? :-)

Nope, I don't imagine I'd enjoy taking the dirt road.

Arcade and Retro, how to go from a missing disk in a MGS3 box set to anal commentary in a couple of easy posts!

Arcade and Retro, how to go from a missing disk in a MGS3 box set to anal commentary in a couple of sleazy posts!

Hehe... ;)

Hehe... ;)

I'm looking at the expression on your avatar very differently now

Nope, I don't imagine I'd enjoy taking the dirt road.

Arcade and Retro, how to go from a missing disk in a MGS3 box set to anal commentary in a couple of easy posts!

You know who you should be really asking that question to.... and it isn't me!

Go look in a mirror. :P

Did that, and the handsome devil who lives in mirror concurred, no rear window action for me thankyouverymuch.

But back to MGS3:Subsistence, Ebay suggests it around €26, not too expensive.
    I have it and the MGS2 extended edition too, I'm sure they'll be worth something someday... Along with my ALF pogs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

AtM6i_BCIAA4PI4.jpg:large

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The subsistance price bottomed out since the HD and Legacy collection came along with all the same extras, although I do believe the rather fun Ape Escape side mode is missing.

Master of the Universe

That's really interesting to see.

I've heard people saying how X game will decrease in value once it's rereleased, but it never usually happens and the original items themselves still hold collector value.

I've never seen a price drop quite like this. The last time I was looking that game up (was probably about a year ago) it was in the region of €70 BIN. There's now one for £12.99 :eek:

Did that, and the handsome devil who lives in mirror concurred blahdie blahdie blah other stuff.

Interesting. You might want to get that warped and cracked mirror looked at! You'll take your eye out.

Has Earthbound dropped down at all since it got released on virtual console?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement