Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Be interesting to see if it did.

Ah, seems it's about $160 for a cart only. Similar figures with the ended auctions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Earthbound-Super-NES-1995-SNES-SUPER-NINTENDO-/201046532631?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2ecf4ea217

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's strange, some games drop in price while other retain there's. Subsistence really isn't as rare as some people make out which is probably why it dropped so much. Also it could be that the MGS rereleases are physical whereas a collector would be less interested in a digital release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

MrVestek wrote: »
    Interesting. You might want to get that warped and cracked mirror looked at! You'll take your eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Has Earthbound dropped down at all since it got released on virtual console?

It better not drop. I don't want just any auld plebs in this club!

I haven't looked at this thread in a while and there are some lovely gets lately and it makes me sad.
    Also was I the only one paying over the odds on Euro Pal snes stuff?

I'm debating about my next purchase, down to one a month now.
    Bravely Default or Senran Kagura Burst?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm debating about my next purchase, down to one a month now.
    Bravely Default or Senran Kagura Burst?

Buy the latter and it'll be a different kind of 'bating you'll be doing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I was wondering who would go there and why am I not surprised that it was you :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I play Senran Kagura Burst for the characterisation of the girls and the excellent story. I'm not sure what you are insinuating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've never seen a price drop quite like this. The last time I was looking that game up (was probably about a year ago) it was in the region of €70 BIN. There's now one for £12.99 :eek:

Tales of Vesperia?

I'm sure there is no single handed 3DS play going on, and it's the need that both hands be engaged in gameplay that is going to really hit the perve market share for Bayonetta 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I was wondering who would go there and why am I not surprised that it was you :pac:

And yet I'm the one with the reputation :P

I'd go for Senran.

• Advertisement

I talk and joke, but Atavan lives the dream boss, he lives the M'Fing dream!

Tales of Vesperia?

Tales of Vesperia got a reprint which is why the price tanked.

Pink Sweets and Muchi Muchi Pork dropped some when the region free version became readily available for the 360.

And,most notorious of all, Under Defeat HD.
    Spare a thought for all those poor sad losers who imported it at great expense only to see their more canny peers buy it for a pittance when Rising Sun games published it in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Pink Sweets and Muchi Muchi Pork dropped some when the region free version became readily available for the 360.

Spare a thought for all those poor sad losers who imported it at great expense only to see their more canny peers buy it for a pittance when Rising Sun games published it in Europe.

Some of the 360 limited edition jap releases are stupidly overpriced for what you get.

:'(

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Some of the 360 limited edition jap releases are stupidly overpriced for what you get.

That said the region locked version has extra features that make it worth it, to the shmup faithful at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

This arrived at my desk in work yesterday. People are now making GBA backlights based on the ags-101 backlight, which means all the high-quality goodness without the guilt of gutting a relatively scarce handheld

BF10212A-9368-4C0E-A344-4F84AFB5711B.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd much prefer that model over an SP 101, way more comfy to use.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Worth every penny they are. The only bad point about them is they make your stock GBA's redundant. :)

• Advertisement

Same as with the GB Micro I find it hard to mind the screen from scratches.
    But it is a lovely thing.
    Are there kits out there to do the conversion to an existing GBA?

Same as with the GB Micro I find it hard to mind the screen from scratches.
    But it is a lovely thing.
    Are there kits out there to do the conversion to an existing GBA?

Yep there's a couple of places selling kits, I got a guy I know in England to sort it, he sourced the GBA and installed the kit for me.

You can also buy replacement screen lenses, so not a disaster if it gets scratched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You can buy you're own backlight kit aswell, over on GBA Temp theres a thread about it. Guy makes them by hand and I've seen nothing but praise for them

Master of the Universe

Absolutely gorgeous. I meant to buy one of them a while ago when I first saw the mod. What stopped me was trying to figure out which ones were real modded GBAs and which ones were Chinese clones. There seems to be a few clone versions floating around with a backlit screen, worth being wary of.

But yeah, it's how the GBA should have been from the beginning. Makes you wonder if they'd gone with that design, would the clamshell SP and future clamshell Nintendo designs have been developed?

Or would we be on the GBA 3D or something now?

When Nintendo discussed the development of 3d systems at the launch of the 3DS the Virtual Boy, naturally, was spoken of, as was the 3d variant of the Gamecube. But they also discussed the screen tech of the 3DS being used with the GBA but the results were "unsatisfactory", possibly due to the low resolution, I don't know.
    I'm still waiting for a VC release of the Virtual Boy back catalogue on the 3DS, I would have thought it was a sure thing tbh, but then the penetration into the market psyche was so low, as a result of the devices unpopularity, it'll probably never happen :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Finally got my Zelda 3DS XL this morning, majorly disappointed the game is only a download code though, i hate downloads, I feel robbed.

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    Finally got my Zelda 3DS XL this morning, majorly disappointed the game is only a download code though, i hate downloads, I feel robbed.

Sell the code on Adverts & buy the real thing, twas what I done. You get the added bonus of getting more Ninty points too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I think ill do that! Good idea, thanks!

Edit: i used the image from your ad, hope thats ok! ;)

keithgeo wrote: »
    Edit: i used the image from your ad, hope thats ok! ;)

No problemo :)

I'm still waiting for a VC release of the Virtual Boy back catalogue on the 3DS, I would have thought it was a sure thing tbh, but then the penetration into the market psyche was so low, as a result of the devices unpopularity, it'll probably never happen :(

Nintendo like to pretend the Virtual Boy never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Not gaming related but my Kyary Pamyu Pamyu tickets this morning <3

safetyboy wrote: »
    This guy sells them on insta http://instagram.com/joeteach

That's my source alright :)

Think he gets his screens from an English site rather than Kitsch, might be the same supplier to both though

As if I wasn't going to buy it.

DC2BD99E-6AF0-4ECC-8E86-4D4A70024E95_zpse5cs7qgx.jpg

The blurb on the back says "2 great reasons to turn the 3D on" while emblazoned across a chesty female wearing a top that's 10 sizes too small.

Master of the Universe

I still don't know how they got away with that on a Nintendo console :eek:

I wonder if Gamestop Swords have it in stock...
    Perve mode engage!

I wonder if Gamestop Swords have it in stock...
    Perve mode engage!

I got it in gamestop on Henry street. Seem to have a few copies there.

Master of the Universe

Make sure to wear a mac into the shop for added pervyness :pac:

I might crack and get it with Inazuma Eleven 3... then hope for a EU 3DS. I'll have to get it in Gamestop Sligo, they don't know me there...

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I might crack and get it with Inazuma Eleven 3... then hope for a EU 3DS. I'll have to get it in Gamestop Sligo, they don't know me there...
    I could give you a lend of mine for a bit when I'm over it and go onto another console for awhile

Sera wrote: »
    I could give you a lend of mine for a bit when I'm over it and go onto another console for awhile

Sure I have the US version. I just want the box with the bewbs on it :P I'm sure there'll be other EU exclusives. I might just buy the games and then wait for a bigger price drop in a few years to get the console.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

So which region so far is looking to have the best physical release exclusives as a matter of interest?

The US has the excellent Rune Factory 4 which was cancelled in Europe and the utterly superb Shin Megami Tensei IV which hasn't been mentioned for nearly a year in Europe. Europe though has more stranger games thanks to rising star.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sure I have the US version. I just want the box with the bewbs on it :P I'm sure there'll be other EU exclusives. I might just buy the games and then wait for a bigger price drop in a few years to get the console.

I meant to play Inazuma Eleven 3

Ah right. Sure you know me. I've not even started the first 2 :)

It's a testament to your relationship and it's foundations when the pervy game you are thinking about when together for the weekend is on the 3ds.
    Deary Deary me...

Swung by Teefury and saw this, instabuy, and I will suffer when yet another tee falls in the letterbox but had to have it dammit!
    1622053_10151898453025855_1969748564_n.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Doge

As if I wasn't going to buy it.

DC2BD99E-6AF0-4ECC-8E86-4D4A70024E95_zpse5cs7qgx.jpg

The blurb on the back says "2 great reasons to turn the 3D on" while emblazoned across a chesty female wearing a top that's 10 sizes too small.

Haha, the girl in the cover art doesn't even have eyes!

I still would though......

:pac:

I have to make a decision,
    Do I get Senran or Dark Souls 2?
    Ones a game that's hard the other is a game that gets you.... Erm.... Embarrassed...

Some recent get!'s. A few duds, as there always are in this hobby...sometimes you need to make the numbers up though.

34o4qyx.jpg

73pdmw.jpg

2cshp46.jpg

16m3sj7.jpg

2ajc2sy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Lads, maybe you guys could point me in the right direction. Since I got my new flat screen all my GameCube and ps2 games look absolutely HIDEOUS on the screen, colour is just way to bright no mater what way I change the settings on the tv. Is there any kind of connection I could get that would make the games look like they are being played on an old tv? Kinda dont have space for a fat television in my room.

What would you recommend I do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement