Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Get RGB scart cables to give you a slightly better picture at least on a flat screen. You can get component cables for the PS2 but afaik only certain games take advantage of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Lads, maybe you guys could point me in the right direction. Since I got my new flat screen all my GameCube and ps2 games look absolutely HIDEOUS on the screen, colour is just way to bright no mater what way I change the settings on the tv. Is there any kind of connection I could get that would make the games look like they are being played on an old tv? Kinda dont have space for a fat television in my room.

What would you recommend I do?

If you have RGB scart coming from the console and going into RGB scart inputs on the tv maybe the SLG Scart might help by adding scanlines.

I got a couple of them for a little project and they are not bad. It depends on the TV etc.
    http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-Strike-Devices/SLG-SCART::43.html

43_0.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Thanks for those, I'll look into them, but in the mean time, my brother gave me an old small 14" tv so using that in the mean time. Its teeny tiny and I have to sit real close to it. Not ideal, but sure....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Thanks for those, I'll look into them, but in the mean time, my brother gave me an old small 14" tv so using that in the mean time. Its teeny tiny and I have to sit real close to it. Not ideal, but sure....

nnngh
    I was trying to give away a 21` and 32 inch crt (a sony and a pcl one) for weeks, had a post in the marketplace..eventually gave it to a local charity shop (as they sort me out with games)

Dr Bob wrote: »
    nnngh
    I was trying to give away a 21` and 32 inch crt (a sony and a pcl one) for weeks, had a post in the marketplace..eventually gave it to a local charity shop (as they sort me out with games)

Awww!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Even if you are using a CRT get RGB cables. The difference in image quality is staggering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Doge

Back in my teens I threw out a perfectly good Zipstick controller for the C64 as I no longer owned a computer that could use it and didn't envision that I would buy again.

1367502079533.jpg

Kicking myself in the back now as they're £20 before you even pay shipping.

My old fella wants to have a crack off Wonderboy, but he won't touch a gamepad as he never used one before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

waveform wrote: »
    My old fella wants to have a crack off Wonderboy, but he won't touch a gamepad as he never used one before.

Did you have to use the "old fella" line? :D

God I must be really old, not Ciderman-14th century old, but old nonetheless. Wonderboy was one of my favourite C64 games.

Actually have a pair of those Zipsticks in the press somewhere, they need fixing though. Would never chuck them out, awesome they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Even if you are using a CRT get RGB cables. The difference in image quality is staggering.

I'm kind of stuck with a 14 inch CRT monitor at the moment and even at that size, the quality of proper RGB cables is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I threw out one of those Zipstiks when I got my current Commadore Amiga A1200 thinking that it was some cheap knockoff (I hadn't had an amiga before that).

It wasn't working properly and wasn't the same after I put it back together.

I erm... yeah I regret that decision now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I might have a loose Zipstick somewhere, I'll let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

HzWeHgul.jpg

Got a Turbo Grafx today. Also got an Everdrive super cheap at $40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Congrats, so many great games to look forward to !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Didn't it come in a tasty box?

Yep... was boxed.

GocnoIHl.jpg

Got to keep an eye out for a CD-ROM drive now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Never has there been such a contrast between a sweet looking Jap console and butt ugly US console, though the Famicom/Nes, Super Famicom/Super Nintendo come close.
    That big black bit at the back? There's feck all under there!
    Kerb did my AV mod back in the day, still works too!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Did you have to use the "old fella" line? :D

God I must be really old, not Ciderman-14th century old, but old nonetheless. Wonderboy was one of my favourite C64 games.

Actually have a pair of those Zipsticks in the press somewhere, they need fixing though. Would never chuck them out, awesome they were.

He actually does though!

He went through about 3 or 4 joysticks to clear Wonderboy back in the day!

The zipstick was the only stick to survive.

And wtf am I doing posting it in this thread anyway?

Meant to put it in general chat!

I think I have one of these bad boys around somewhere:

ZM26xby.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Just some paper from Japan .

IMG_020711.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ashens did a really good video on joysticks. Nearly sure it's been posted here before but:

• Advertisement

Set phasers to butt plug!

The Quickshot Maverick seems to be THE solution to the issue of Commodore 64 games using different joystick poets for player 1!

Joy_Maverik1.JPG

I wonder if the switch between port 1 and 2 connects / disconnects GND so the circuit closes / opens. Having to switch the port it is a very annoying problem on the system.

The Bug was my favourite... brilliant for Sensible Soccer:

JoystickCheetahTheBug.jpg

Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »
    I think I have one of these bad boys around somewhere:

ZM26xby.jpg

I had my one modded.

joystick_cheetah_batman_01_zps2f089a58.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I might have a loose Zipstick somewhere, I'll let you know

That would be very much appreciated kind sir. I'd feel bad just taking it though, I'd gladly swap it for something with you.

I have a bajillion Dreamcast controllers if you ever need a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

HI Guys...

latest purchase.......Rare find here in Ireland........

http://www.adverts.ie/4872654

Falcon030_top_zpsf09bc588.jpg

Hello stranger!
    Seems like you're around forever yet only 299 posts!

Nice get though!

What was available for that computer, and when in the Atari computer timeline did it pop up?

Also, a went into the CEX in Santry, spent an awesome €5 total on No One Lives Forever for the PS2 and Point Blank for the DS.
    I would have spent more too but Mrs Ciderman dragged me out of the shop :(

You've got to hand it to Atari, they give good function key.

Nice boxed Jap GC with GBA player arrived this morning:

0b4f.jpg

Seller also included a pokemon keychain and a packet of One Piece tissues?!? should I get over excited at the arrival!!!

mpx9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Japanese sellers....

German sellers are cool too, usually providing sweets, and the urge to invade Poland....

German sellers are cool too, usually providing sweets, and the urge to invade Poland....

I've got two things coming from Germany, not for me unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Hello stranger!
    Seems like you're around forever yet only 299 posts!

Nice get though!

What was available for that computer, and when in the Atari computer timeline did it pop up?

Also, a went into the CEX in Santry, spent an awesome €5 total on No One Lives Forever for the PS2 and Point Blank for the DS.
    I would have spent more too but Mrs Ciderman dragged me out of the shop :(

The Falcon is quite rare and was only on sale from Atari for 1 year...

The Falcon was released in late 1992 and subsequently cancelled in late 1993 as Atari Corp restructured itself to focus completely on the release and support of its newest product, the Atari Jaguar video game console.
    The Falcon's performance was not as great as it could have been, mostly due to Atari Corp.'s decision to put the 32-bit 68030 microprocessor on a 16-bit data bus. This was a side effect of the prototype system being based around the 68000, with the 68030 a separate expansion card. Apple Computer was widely criticised for making the same kind of decision with their Macintosh LC II computer.

It runs nearly all ST software I think but there was some software for it mostly music software.....and a few games.....

Always wanted on and when I saw it came with the original case it was going be mine.........

Haven't been around lately, work and other issues have kept me away......

Must pm you concerning the build of my mame cab....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

At least the Falcon got sh1tcanned for something useful.. oh wait..

Galaxians for the Famicom arrived today as well, and plays nicely too.
    I must keep an eye out for Galaga and a few other Namco classics for the machine, they seem to be nice conversions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got a really cool Persona tarot deck in a nifty velvet Attack on Titan pouch, they're like credit cards, plasticy but really handy because I was worried they'd get bent and i got a Nanako figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Galaxians for the Famicom arrived today as well, and plays nicely too.
    I must keep an eye out for Galaga and a few other Namco classics for the machine, they seem to be nice conversions.

Love those games !!!! Simple but effective

Sera wrote: »
    I got a really cool Persona tarot deck in a nifty velvet Attack on Titan pouch, they're like credit cards, plasticy but really handy because I was worried they'd get bent and i got a Nanako figure.

Any chance you'll bring them to Kaizo Con and do my reading? :p

You could set up a stall!

We all know how well my reading would go...

298236.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

waveform wrote: »
    Any chance you'll bring them to Kaizo Con and do my reading? :p

You could set up a stall!

We all know how well my reading would go...

298236.png
    You know I was thinking of something like that for Brocon! Lol I'm useless at remembering the meanings, can only remember a few. The deck I used is different to a normal deck as well, otherwise I'd love to do it.
    "Geese can be troublesome"
    "you will find a new love on flag day"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That was quick! :)

6TChE7v.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Christ, it is the limited edition one :eek:

Master of the Universe

:eek:

Nice get!

Master of the Universe

Went back to order a second one (I'm greedy!) and they're out of stock now. Can't even order them in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There were cheap Xenoblades going? Been looking for a while :(

Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Don't really mind about the SE, but even the bog standard game is hard to come across these days (hurts when I see it so easily available in the States)! What site was selling them?

Xenoblade, nice, I have one on order at the moment, but, its second hand and I have a red controller already anyway.

Here lads, whats the crack with the Gameboy player, why the hell is it so expensive now! I have the expansion thingy but I cant find a disc anywhere thats under a crazy £40. Wish I didnt sell mine on a few years back :(

Also, I must should have things I have picked up later tonight for ya's.

I just reserved one in Ashbourne, going to nip up and get it.
    Seeing as I already have the standard copy this one could go someway to paying for the PS4!

I called GS, just to see, and they are offering €20 on trade, with no consideration for the special edition.
    I see CEX are going to €25 on trade.

Buying to just flip it later for a profit, now I know how all those PS4 buyers felt back in December :(

I see some of the Argos branches have Beat the Beat for the Wii for 8.99!
    If someone lives near a stockist please pick it up for me!
    PM me and we'll come to an arrangement!

I had to get a Player disk for my GB Player a year or two ago, the console was NTSC though and I sold it on, bought the PAL bootdisk somewhere for OK money and bobs your in-law.

Master of the Universe

Argos. Andrew76 just ran in and nabbed one in store! :)

I hope my reservation comes into stock...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement