Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't really mind about the SE, but even the bog standard game is hard to come across these days (hurts when I see it so easily available in the States)! What site was selling them?

Reserve the remaining one is Drogheda!
    It's not too far.... is it?
    Slip up the M50, onto the M1 for 30 minutes, and you're in bandit country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Looks like Cork and Drogedha have it in stock still.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't really mind about the SE, but even the bog standard game is hard to come across these days (hurts when I see it so easily available in the States)! What site was selling them?

Really? My friend Andrew from the states is telling me it's rarer than hens teeth even after the Gamestop reprint that they sold for $80.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really? My friend Andrew from the states is telling me it's rarer than hens teeth even after the Gamestop reprint that they sold for $80.

Yeah, you can order copies off Video Games Plus at the moment! https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19956

Anyway, reserved that Drogheda copy, hopefully will be able to scab a lift over the next 48 hours. Probably even worth the train journey for that price!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Strange, they are going crazy for it as far as I can tell. It seems Americans forget to use videogamesplus.ca :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As a complete surprise I now have, on the seat next to me, Xenoblade Chronicles with the controller, all sealed and lovely!
    Which is nice.
    Thanks Andrew!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ElDiablo deserves all the credit. Super find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got two! One was a bit mushed though

Hmm, seems a certain someone has beaten me to the punch on Ebay.....
    Who could it be....
    I know that username looks familiar....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Who could it be....

There's always one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Tempted to make an offer of 18.99 :D

Myrddin wrote: »
    There's always one :P

There'll be two in a minute!

Who could it be....

Times are tough lads. :o

Looks like an Italian scammer :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Andrew76 wrote: »
    ElDiablo deserves all the credit. Super find.

Banjo in the Nintendo forum alerted me to it! Knew you guys would probably be interested, so thought it best to share! (after booking my own of course...)

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Banged mine up there as well, we shall see what happens....

Master of the Universe

Don't flood the market!!! Release them one at a time :p

any offers on it yet? ;)

urbanledge wrote: »
    any offers on it yet? ;)

Yes, some substantial ones that I will have to devote a lot of time to deliberate whether to accept or decline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Not even interested in the game (sue me) but I've reserved one as apparently they're getting more stock (or can order more from the UK).

Would love to keep it sealed in the collection for future rarity. I might again just be a total shítebag and put it on Ebay though... :P

• Advertisement

Things have gone all quiet here now, the exhaustion after the furious typing and posting this morning, a morning to be known henceforth as March 13th, Xenoblade Day.

Happy Xenoblade Day everybody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

More flyers :o

IMG_0217.jpg

Here's a thing.
    Xenoblade Chronicles seems to be available in the UK branches of Argos as well, at least according to a stock checker.
    That said, the reserve button isn't popping up on the games Argos online listing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So far this year we've had the great tesco pillage of January and the xenoblade xtravaganza of March. I wonder what'll be next?

Oh also, if anyone's in a HMV in the uk, they're discontinuing their pre owned games and were selling everything preowned off at 70% off including PS4 and xbox one games which, so I believe, were to be had for around £5. Also preowned vitas for £45. This started on the 10th so I'm sure anything decent is long gone but might be worth a look if you were visiting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Casey120 wrote: »
    More flyers :o[/URL]

Very nice Casey. Have you ever seen a flyer for Raiden Fighters Jet come up for auction? Maybe I could send some money your way to bid on it for me if it does. :)

Here's a thing.
    Xenoblade Chronicles seems to be available in the UK branches of Argos as well, at least according to a stock checker.
    That said, the reserve button isn't popping up on the games Argos online listing.

Figured the UK folks are probably doing the same as us. The few I saw for sale listed today were from the UK.

Think I'll leave this one in the box. Maybe trade it for something down the line.

BbedwJO.jpg

I hope you guys actually play Xenoblade, it's fantastic. Only took me about 100 hours be beat it!

I think I might withdraw the ad, keep it instead.
    I'll sell the regular copy at another time.
    It's a pretty nice looking thing and looks good next to my other pricy Wii titles, Kirby Dreamland and Metroid Trilogy.

I'll be playing it just have to get the WiiU first.
    Was thinking of withdrawing as well, so I'd have a sealed one and a playable copy.

Stupid question but I assume it is workable with the remote and hasn't hot any of that motion control guff.

I'll be playing it just have to get the WiiU first.
    Was thinking of withdrawing as well, so I'd have a sealed one and a playable copy.

Stupid question but I assume it is workable with the remote and hasn't hot any of that motion control guff.

It's got no motion control what so ever. However the best way to play it is with a classic controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Courtesy of mr. OwaynOTT

9DF3DA83-3FC6-423E-88EC-94CFCADC54DC_zps5c4zv2sp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Courtesy of mr. OwaynOTT

9DF3DA83-3FC6-423E-88EC-94CFCADC54DC_zps5c4zv2sp.jpg
    so jelly! </3

Loves me that series.
    Going to pick up a few of the others, as well as the couple of Parodius titles too.
    I have that one and the first Famicom title.
    It's been a long few years since the last full Twinbee title, '95 since the last proper title, since then it's a list of collections and ports to consoles and phones.

I hope you guys actually play Xenoblade, it's fantastic. Only took me about 100 hours be beat it!

I might make a backup copy of it whilst also keeping it in the original shrink wrapping to be played on a Modified Wii.

Aherm... yes... somehow whilst sailing a bay of pirates I might make that happen... aherm...

Ohh forgot to mention that I picked up an original official Xbox HD video adapter in a R.A.G.E bargain bin last weekend for the measley sum o f€2.

Good thing they hadn't copped that it was never released in Europe and was quite rare... probably the only actual rare thing in the shop.

Anyway the amount of HASSLE trying to get the softmodded Xbox to actually change to 720p. I've already tricked it into NTSC mode but now it doesn't want to boot into the original Xbox dashboard for some reason to enable the video options.

Grrr...

It's got no motion control what so ever. However the best way to play it is with a classic controller.

Great! Any other good games on the Wii that can be played with the classic remote?

Great! Any other good games on the Wii that can be played with the classic remote?

There's loads, and my groovy third party 360 like WiiU pad has a Wii Classic Controller mode as well, so happy days.

There's loads, and my groovy third party 360 like WiiU pad has a Wii Classic Controller mode as well, so happy days.

Can you recommend a few. I know Fire Emblem doesn't use motion malarkey and will get that eventually, anything else?
    God, I love Fire Emblem! Really hope the WiiU gets one.

Sera wrote: »
    so jelly! </3

Me too :(

Thanks again for that recommendation by the way. I'm really loving that controller myself too. My only complaint is that it's a bit cheapo plastically but what can you expect from third party?

It's a much better fit in my hand than most controllers too, could do with a bit of extra weight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Me too :(
    If+this+is+true+Damn+that+is+not+funny+But+_128e0cad8f1416f87ec8f2a4dda1103f.png

I picked up my copy of Dark Souls 2, along with the poster.
    And to alleviate the misery and death I got Beat the Beat for the Wii in Argos for 6.99!

Boo!

I'll probably have to wait until wait until late this evening for my collectors edition to hit Parcel Motel.

Think I'll just force myself to sleep until then.

Have booked all next week off work for this.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Boo!

I'll probably have to wait until wait until late this evening for my collectors edition to hit Parcel Motel.

Think I'll just force myself to sleep until then.

Have booked all next week off work for this.

Just imagine the poor saps who will get caught over the long weekend, no DS2 til Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up a Spectrum +3 on adverts yesterday. Only had a quick chance to try it out, must say the colour clash is awesome :)

To Ninty Fanboys, DS2 is Dark Souls 2, not a new handheld, please take the hand out of your pants now...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah waiting for the Black Armour edition to arrive from Parcel Motel, will hopefully be sooner rather than later! Veronica Mars film will prove a welcome distraction if it doesn't get here until tomorrow :)

I remember how confusing it was when God of War 3 and Gears of War 3 came out at the same time.

Master of the Universe

Just imagine the poor saps who will get caught over the long weekend, no DS2 til Tuesday!

Thanks for the reminder! Must make sure to pick it up in town this evening before the shops close.

Teaching done for the day. Off to Gamestop in an hour to collect it... then a 4.5 hour trip home :(

I've Persona 3 Portable with me so won't be too bad.

Master of the Universe

Hey man, at least you'll be home this evening!

I've to go on a night out tonight which was planned ages in advance. The whole time Dark Souls II will be burning a hole in my pocket.

I'll probably get gee eyed and lose the thing too :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement