Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Went mad in CEX there in Santry.
    Picked up Wii Fit Plus, The Suffering and it's sequel for PS2 as well as Shift 2 unleashed for PS3 and Obscure for the Xbox.
    That's 19.97 well spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Finally picked this up. Was about to buy it on release but bought katamari on the 360 instead and it has eluded me ever since.

EC834FE6-9CA4-49C3-9D9B-B8B0A6CE2C24_zps4j7nytys.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Finally picked this up. Was about to buy it on release but bought katamari on the 360 instead and it has eluded me ever since.

EC834FE6-9CA4-49C3-9D9B-B8B0A6CE2C24_zps4j7nytys.jpg

Dat wait.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm really trying to like that on the Vita but, Glob, there's a shed load of exposition and not a lot of actual game in the first hour and a half.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm really trying to like that on the Vita but, Glob, there's a shed load of exposition and not a lot of actual game in the first hour and a half.

Speaking of the Vita, did you pick up TxK yet? Thought that would've been an instant purchase for yourself. €7 on PSN, was debating whether to get it. Seems to be getting good reviews too.

• Advertisement

Actually, I think I bought it at launch, and not on purpose.
    I had no idea it was in the works but was looking over the Llamasoft site and came across it, a few clicks later and it was installed on the Vita and it is beautiful.
    Not sure i prefer it to the Jaguar title though, this one shimmers and shatters while Tempest 2000 shimmered and melted, and I miss the original soundtrack too!
    Aside from those minor issues it's a magnificent game and, as I have mentioned before, if I didn't own a Vita I'd probably buy one to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Doge

I was going to download it to the PS2 so I'd have some insight for Kaizo Con,
    but after watching a gameplay video I realised how vast the amount of dialogue is in the game!

Yup, that's wavey for ya.
    Stays away from an entire genre because there's reading involved! :p

I guess its to be expected from a duke nukem knucklehead though! :p

Downloaded Steel Empire on the 3ds and its incredible, really great job done in updating it and its almost entirely in Engrish so surely will see a european release at some stage.

9yz8.jpg

Looks lovely, nice to see an eventual Europe else alright.
    How does it play, what are the levels and bosses like, rendered in 3d?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Went mad in CEX there in Santry.
    Picked up Wii Fit Plus, The Suffering and it's sequel for PS2 as well as Shift 2 unleashed for PS3 and Obscure for the Xbox.
    That's 19.97 well spent.

Went mad in cex today myself. Got a WiiU, new super bros u, super mario 3d land, wonderful 101 and another remote.

Edit - and it cost me nothing but a few old phones. Win win. 4 player co-op on birth mario titles is mayhem

• Advertisement

Looks lovely, nice to see an eventual Europe else alright.
    How does it play, what are the levels and bosses like, rendered in 3d?

Yeah it's in 3d and has been completely redrawn and the soundtrack remixed, looks really nice and plays very solid, also has achievements and online leaderboards. Oh and m2 has also done another superb job on Fantasy zone, same as the other releases.

Nintendo look pretty miserable with their Nes releases, come on Ninty, Super Mario World in 3d now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up a SF2 board from Keithgeo :)

13329447863_0c1e3ed017_c.jpg

Fire emblem for the Wii for 8 squid in GameStop.

I don't quite have it but I'm in active negotiations for a Turbo Express handheld.
    It's one of my grail devices and I wanted one in 2014 ahead of the PS4 and XB1.
    And ones turned up on Jamma+ for about €100, and that includes a soon to be sold region convertor.
    It needs the cap kit done, the sound is buggered, but otherwise it's in good nick.
    I have the Turbo Everdrive ready to rock!
    Now to get a good deal.
    Gonna sell my 3DS and standard Xenoblade to CEX, that'll cover it, I'll still have my 3DS:XL and fancy schmancy copy of Xenoblade Chronicles to play, happy days!
    Fingers crossed for me everyone!

Still good in the hood but messed up.
    I let the guy know the value of the convertor and he's gone and sold it elsewhere and is only knocking a fiver off the price.
    £75 is still a good price but not as good as buying it with the convertor for £80 then selling the convertor for £40!
    Bum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Picked this up from Mitch, It is in very good condition and was just a bit dusty, was missing the monitor and PCB but I am doing a mame cab so this works. I managed to unscrew the lock from the back for the coin door but I cant access the bottom door yet, might need to drill it out. Here is a before clean and after clean,polish,repaint shot. This is only first day stuff so alot more to do.
    chrisAC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Nice cab if you pull out the control panel there is a drop down to the back of coin door?

Nice cab if you pull out the control panel there is a drop down to the back of coin door?

The drop down hole was smaller than my hand and leads to a wooden box under it, so I can't reach the lock nut because the hole is too small and the wooden box is also blocking access. If I do drill out the lock(which is a barrel lock so not that easy) I will just buy replacements on ebay.:)

Nice! Looks like the woodwork is in excellent condition! Have you a TV for it? I have one you can have if you fancy. Nothing special but it's free.
    That Cp prefect for six buttons too.

• Advertisement

urbanledge wrote: »
    Nice! Looks like the woodwork is in excellent condition! Have you a TV for it? I have one you can have if you fancy. Nothing special but it's free.
    That Cp prefect for six buttons too.

Wow, thanks, I dont need one as I already have a 50/60 htz CRT tv which I am going to connect using the 'Ultimate Scart Adaptor'. I have actually just ordered another 6 buttons about 10 minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Picked up a couple of Megadrive games over the weekend.

Well one's just a box and booklet - but what a box and booklet!

I've had a cart only of this game for years, so nice to finally pick up the rest.

Booklet is a bit tatty, but for the price they go for these days I'm delighted.

probotector_zps28e708ed.jpg

Nice condition Micro Machines Military. PAL exclusive this one, released in 1996 so that would explain why.

Micromachines_zps1b891973.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice condition Micro Machines Military. PAL exclusive this one, released in 1996 so that would explain why.

Micromachines_zps1b891973.jpg

Ah man looking at that case brings back memories!

I had it for my megadrive back in the day!

I think there was one on one "skirmish" modes in it. I think they got pretty hard to beat to.

Right, so the Turbo Express is winging it's way to me as we speak.
    Bugger all sound from it though, so it's going to need that Cap kit done.
    Fingers crossed Kerb' can get it done.
    There's about 17 different components to be replaced.

Master of the Universe

waveform wrote: »
    Ah man looking at that case brings back memories!

I had it for my megadrive back in the day!

I think there was one on one "skirmish" modes in it. I think they got pretty hard to beat to.

I've never actually played it :o
    Right, so the Turbo Express is winging it's way to me as we speak.
    Bugger all sound from it though, so it's going to need that Cap kit done.
    Fingers crossed Kerb' can get it done.
    There's about 17 different components to be replaced.

And fingers crossed the existing dodgy caps haven't completely come to pieces and taken any of the console with them...!

Remember my Gamegear sound board Myrddin? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Remember my Gamegear sound board Myrddin? :eek:

Indeed, twas a right mess. The caps more or less crumbled off in my hand, taking traces with them :o

I've never actually played it :o

Could be crap to play today compared to all the fun I remember having haha!

This was the game mode, not sure why I have the word skirmish in my head, might have been the name of one of the levels, could possibly be the name of a level from another micro machines game too!

Looking at this complete set of Micro Machines games on ebay, with all the colourful artwork almost makes me want to collect games! :o

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Mega-Drive-Games-Micro-Machines-Set-1-2-Turbo-Tournament-96-Military-Comple-/231166457855?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item35d29837ff

$_57.JPG

Myrddin wrote: »
    Indeed, twas a right mess. The caps more or less crumbled off in my hand, taking traces with them :o

Bugger!

Speaking of Xenoblade, I'll take my place in the club now

opxrtw.jpg

I done a Steve SI on Xenoblade actually, & traded the 2nd copy for this:

311xqib.jpg

2h50fvc.jpg

• Advertisement

I was faced with a dilemma this morning.
    Had €38 credit in CEX and what to spend it on.
    Sekura booby blast was one.
    Zelda was another
    DKCR 3D was also there.
    Pokemon X was another choice, all for the 3DS....

In the end I was weak and got GTA Chinatown Wars and Kirby Mass Attack.
    I know, I know I should have bought one of the others but once I saw Kirby I had to have it :(
    Also, GTA is complete with maps and it's starting to get harder to find.

Should have gotten booby blast

I don't think it's actually that good a game, plus it's a scrolling beat em up, and pervy.

Master of the Universe

I don't think it's actually that good a game, plus it's a scrolling beat em up, and pervy.

Bouncy bits aside;

There's a solid enough scrolling beat em up in there. If you're a fan of the genre (you're clearly not! :P I am though) then it's a bit of a blast. Some of the combos you can get are crazy.

Down sides though;

My biggest complaint is the unforgivable drops in frame rate. This game is clearly meant to be about visuals and some of the frame rate drops are ridiculous.

The genre is just not suited to the 3DS. Games like this are made for an arcade machine or at least a stick. Trying to pull off 1000 hit combos with the 3DS's face buttons are ironically the main thing to cause major wrist damage in this game.

Worth picking up if you like scrolling beat em ups or are a pervy connoisseur of animated jiggly bits.

Nor worth picking up if scrolling beat em ups and animated jiggly bits offend you. (commonly referred to as Cidermanitis)

Nor worth picking up if scrolling beat em ups and animated jiggly bits offend you. (commonly referred to as Cidermanitis)

Cidermanitis is a chronic complaint where the individual breaks out in fits of logic when faced with the unexplainable attraction of the weakwilled before side-scrolling beat'em ups, it's in the DSM I promise!

Animated jiggly bits I've less of a problem with, in fact no issue with jiggly bits at all, unless they're mine :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Picked up this last week:

Saturn MK1
    NES
    Neo Geo Pocket Colour (blue)
    Game gear with screen mod

All boxed with games.

To add to my collection already:

Xbox one
    Xbox 360
    Xbox original crystal console
    Sega Dreamcast
    PS1 SCPH1001
    Wii
    Wii U
    Sega Megadrive II
    Yellow Gameboy original (unboxed)
    N-gage QD x3
    N-gage x 3
    Original gameboy (broken)
    PS Vita
    PSP
    3DS XL blue
    DS Lite x 3 (green, guitar hero and black version)

Lots of various games for these.

Next on my list to get:
    Master System Mk1
    Gamecube

Long term pickups planned for later in the year:
    C64
    N64
    SNES
    Sega Nomad
    GB Colour
    GBA
    GBA SP

Sorry about the long list, thought I'd introduce myself here while adding what I got this week. :)

• Advertisement

Welcome :) What's this Gamegear screen mod you mention?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Welcome :) What's this Gamegear screen mod you mention?

Nothing fancy, it's the backlit LED mod! It swaps out the original bulbs with led bulbs, it's about as bright (but kinda creates light spots on the screen) but drastically improves battery life.

It also had all the caps replaced so the sound and screen are great.

Thanks for the welcome btw!

funkyflea wrote: »
    Nothing fancy, it's the backlit LED mod! It swaps out the original bulbs with led bulbs, it's about as bright (but kinda creates light spots on the screen) but drastically improves battery life.

It also had all the caps replaced so the sound and screen are great.

Thanks for the welcome btw!

Ah yeah , I remember doing that mod myself. As you mention it can create light spots on the screen...but the benefit is a big increase in battery life :) Caps done etc mean you should have a pretty reliable Gamegear now!

Master of the Universe

Welcome! Always nice to see new faces around here. Especially new faces with loads of cool stuff :D

funkyflea wrote: »
    Picked up this last week:

Saturn MK1
    NES
    Neo Geo Pocket Colour (blue)
    Game gear with screen mod

All boxed with games.

To add to my collection already:

Xbox one
    Xbox 360
    Xbox original crystal console
    Sega Dreamcast
    PS1 SCPH1001
    Wii
    Wii U
    Sega Megadrive II
    Yellow Gameboy original (unboxed)
    N-gage QD x3
    N-gage x 3
    Original gameboy (broken)
    PS Vita
    PSP
    3DS XL blue
    DS Lite x 3 (green, guitar hero and black version)

Lots of various games for these.

Next on my list to get:
    Master System Mk1
    Gamecube

Long term pickups planned for later in the year:
    C64
    N64
    SNES
    Sega Nomad
    GB Colour
    GBA
    GBA SP

Sorry about the long list, thought I'd introduce myself here while adding what I got this week. :)

• Advertisement

But man, 6 N Gages
    6!
    Why?

Could be worse
    Could own a CDi!

Fresh meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Picked up this lot from adverts at the weekend, instant Pokemon collection.
    P1020967_zps212ccffa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I read that first as Cider Mantis the first time... I pictured some kind of preying insect that guarded it's stash of booze... and hated side scrolling beat-em-up's (for the most part)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

aiddLT5.jpeg

An adverts buy. Turned out to be brand new, strange to find on adverts given its an American exclusive.

Master of the Universe

Cidermanitis > Cider Mantis > ... Psycho Mantis? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

*reads your memory card*

"I see you are often an axe battler... you should not waste time on such things."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

We're through the looking glass here people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

GOD I'm a moron, posted this in the wrong section :o:o:o:o:o:o
    Removed from Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

So, I finally got around to taking some pictures for you guys, these are the pick ups I got since maybe end of January start of Feb, have a lot of games to get through now, think I'll have to make a 'to play' list :pac:

13422178635_9eddd6eb2e_o.jpg

13422293403_3b091b12b7_o.jpg

13422293173_8ee8db341f_o.jpg

13422543044_8461c8fa56_o.jpg

13422543004_138c52744c_o.jpg

13422178275_0211e499d6_o.jpg

So I'm pretty happy with all these, I think the Wii is gonna get pretty collectible over time, some amazing games on it that I am re-discovering as of late. Just started Pandora's Tower last night, have had it for about a year now, like it so far.

I also have 'A Shadows Tale' for the Wii and 'SSX On Tour' for the Gamecube on the way in the post.

PS: God, I hate Flickr now :confused:

But man, 6 N Gages
    6!
    Why?

Could be worse
    Could own a CDi!

What can I say, I have a fondness for the poor little platform that could!

There's a strong connection to the dreamcast (one of the platforms I really like) with the N-Gage.. allow me to elaborate:

2002 - Nokia release a press release:
    Nokia and Sega to take gamers to a new level of mobile interactive gaming

Nokia and Sega, the world’s leading games publisher, today announced their collaboration to provide branded games....etc

Other similarities with the dreamcast:

Similar titles on both platforms:
    rayman, tomb raider, sonic, sega rally, alien front, virtua tennis, super monkey ball

Sega sold off it's online tech to Nokia (SNAP, sega network application packet)
    As soon as 'Seganet' went down, 'N-Gage Arena' went up
    Both were doomed soon after launch, except the dreamcast had a good launch in fairness.
    First home console with true online play
    Lack of publisher support

I like the N-Gage because of the online play, the wide variety of games available for the system, it had a pretty decent community at the time too. Plus the games are so collectable because of their beautiful box art. I've got around 45 out of the 55 games released boxed (mostly sealed) so far.

I won't ignore its flaws, the inital version one design (sidetalking) and the high price. Plus the weird screen orientation. But it's certainly quirky!

edit: the reason for 6 of them is I just keep picking them up whenever I see them around 10-15euro. Always nice to have spare parts for the future.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement