Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some recent Wii additions (& 3DS)

f0rsll.jpg

2w3npd3.jpg

wccrvm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

There's some good deals on the wii and 3ds stuff at the moment. It's the right time to be picking them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Very very happy to finally have this.

6F0378FA-1D7E-4B46-9D36-8365436B3306_zpsikrcaneh.jpg

This now completes my gamecube pokemon games. Managed to get it for a good price at €36, with manual (no other inserts), posted from Tenerife which isn't bad for a PAL UK copy. It's really gone up in value over the last year or two with some selling on eBay for €60-80. You can get German/Spanish/Italian copies cheaper but I wanted the English version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Very very happy to finally have this.

6F0378FA-1D7E-4B46-9D36-8365436B3306_zpsikrcaneh.jpg.html

This now completes my gamecube pokemon games. Managed to get it for a good price at €36, with manual (no other inserts), posted from Tenerife which isn't bad for a PAL UK copy. It's really gone up in value over the last year or two with some selling on eBay for €60-80. You can get German/Spanish/Italian copies cheaper but I wanted the English version.

You're linking an image to a .html page which isn't working. Change your [IMG]brackets to the following:[/img]http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/atavanhalen_2009/6F0378FA-1D7E-4B46-9D36-8365436B3306_zpsikrcaneh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MrVestek wrote: »
    You're linking an image to a .html page which isn't working. Change your [IMG]brackets to the following:[/img]http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/atavanhalen_2009/6F0378FA-1D7E-4B46-9D36-8365436B3306_zpsikrcaneh.jpg

Derp. Should be fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Doge

This came today:

302712.jpg

Was very relieved to find it actually fit.

Absolutely delighted with it, and even took a few selfies of me holding my mega drive 1 with it on.

Never thought id see the day i'd take selfies! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I picked up this today (not my photo, but I got the game, in english!).

Metroid%20Prime%202%20Echoes%20FRENCH%20PAL%20COVER.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gorgeous Tempest 2000 incoming!
    My new Jag Rgb cable arrived today!
    Also, in other news, my Turbo Express car adapter also turned up, so a quick snip snip and I'll have a DC adapter proper that will also power my Lynx and Gameboy handhelds too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

13799067735_45dd34cc58_b_d.jpg

That's me done now. Beans on toast creuxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

That's great :D

Looks ****ing lovey there Jay!
    I hope your happy with it.
    I'll miss it but I know it's gone to a good home.
    My dining room is looking so empty. The missus is delighted!
    Won't be empty for long tho!

urbanledge wrote: »
    Looks ****ing lovey there Jay!
    I hope your happy with it.
    I'll miss it but I know it's gone to a good home.
    My dining room is looking so empty. The missus is delighted!
    Won't be empty for long tho!

You sold your E2? You sold your E2....:eek:

Yep.
    Spur of the moment sale to be honest!
    Every thing has its price ;-)
    Ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

safetyboy wrote: »
    13799067735_45dd34cc58_b_d.jpg

That's me done now. Beans on toast creuxx

Looks at home. See plenty of vinyl and decks there too. What you play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Today :

Garegga original poster :

IMG_0239.jpg

CAVE Ketsui Tiger schwert resin kit :

IMG_0242.jpg

Cyvern original art :

IMG_0248.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Looks at home. See plenty of vinyl and decks there too. What you play?

Techno, haus, Italo, 80's used to play dubstep and dnb until it got ****e a few years back.

Have an oul DnB mix I did when it was actually good https://soundcloud.com/safetyboy/safetyboy-mixamatotus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Can't believe the e2 has changed hands.
    As soon as I move to a bigger place I'm getting one of these, will be my first buy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,964 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

... but mario hits blocks with his fist?

• Advertisement

DSC_00101_zps695db22a.jpg

DSC_00151_zpsfd93ba93.jpg

€13.75 for the two :)

These for today

30trm8n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Myrddin wrote: »
    These for today

30trm8n.jpg

I thought you returned the sin and punishment one for being a reseal? You get it again?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I thought you returned the sin and punishment one for being a reseal? You get it again?

I did return it. This is another one from a different seller, though this time at least the label is authentic...I'll prob just keep this one & open it. Are all Wii games meant to be sealed with the little strip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Myrddin wrote: »
    I did return it. This is another one from a different seller, though this time at least the label is authentic...I'll prob just keep this one & open it. Are all Wii games meant to be sealed with the little strip?

The only two new wii games I have gotten haven't had it. One was from GameStop and they had opened it and the other was Xenoblade and that only had a few tab seals. So I'm the wrong guy to ask but any 3ds game I got new has had a stripe whether it was Nintendo or not. Not all the red one but something nonetheless

Got this today ...

d8bee0ba-d801-48dc-9054-3b44c237040f_zps8b30d84a.jpg

...but can anyone tell me how to sort out the screen as it seems to be off to the left a bit.

DSC_00171_zpsd611eb44.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How are you connecting it to the TV?

If it's via RGB, then on some TVs you'll get the picture moved over to the side slightly. You can adjust this out in the factory menu if you can get into it.

Hygro wrote: »
    Got this today ...

d8bee0ba-d801-48dc-9054-3b44c237040f_zps8b30d84a.jpg

...but can anyone tell me how to sort out the screen as it seems to be off to the left a bit.

DSC_00171_zpsd611eb44.jpg

Turn off widescreen mode for that channel on your TV. It's stretching the 4:3 picture too far, the Dreamcast afaik doesn't output to 16:9 natively.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And buy Powerstone.
    Then let happiness consume you!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And buy Powerstone.
    Then let happiness consume you!

Powerstone?

So.... what is it? :P

• Advertisement

Powerstone?

So.... what is it? :P

It's a awesome game that spews happiness and pleasure into the Universe, but no one has seen it as no one bought the ruddy Dreamcast!
    And it's miles better than the sequel, surprisingly called Powerstone 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If you want the perfection recreation of the Powerstone experience, mill two ping-pong balls into an enclosed area and wait 'til one bumps off the other.

My dad just called in with a stack of magazines from the mid 90s.
    EGM and C&VG mostly, with a sprinkling of Playstation magazines thrown in for good measure.
    In non gaming mags there's a load of Dredd Megazines.
    I've no idea how they wound up there but it's pretty cool.
    Interesting to see previews of Wipeout on the cover!

Master of the Universe

I was up in my parents attic recently and was going to throw out a load of old ps1/gamesmaster mags.

Then started leafing through them and a just couldnt. Theyre almost like issues of retrogamer now! its gas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't know where all my old game magazines have gone actually, probably dumped at some point!

I did recently get rid of five years worth of Empire magazine. Had a glance through them, and was in even more of a rush to dispose of them as quickly as possible :pac:

Also found some old issues of White Dwarf. Not sure if anyone here is a Warhammer collector, but if you want some random issues of late 90s early 2000s White Dwarf for free let me know and they're yours!

I might see if there's any order to the Megazines and stick them up for a trade, you never know!
    The EGMs are nice though.
    The C&VG mags look like sh1te, and read like it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Also found some old issues of White Dwarf.

so what is it? :pac:

Master of the Universe

I might see if there's any order to the Megazines and stick them up for a trade, you never know!
    The EGMs are nice though.
    The C&VG mags look like sh1te, and read like it too.

I may be interested in those...!

Master of the Universe

so what is it? :pac:

You never read White Dwarf?! /revokes nerd badge.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

o1s1n wrote: »
    You never read White Dwarf?! /revokes nerd badge.

never read it, but know what it is, was just TROLLing.

Has the dead horse been flogged yet?

I'm not getting over the fact that I got the cat to reference something for boards.ie any time soon! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Has the dead horse been flogged yet?

I'm not getting over the fact that I got the cat to reference something for boards.ie any time soon! :-)

I think that video should be the standard response when someone announces a mystery get.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I think that video should be the standard response when someone announces a mystery get.

I concur! :P

Got Battle Gear 2 aka Tokyo Road Race and my soon to be hacked Sky Now box this morning, courtesy of the folks in Parcel Motel.
    Just waiting on Chocobo Collection and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror now.

• Advertisement

My new caffeine delivery device courtesy of some Sub City at MCM Comic Con.

One of the only things I purchased whilst there. Well... that and ALL THE POCKY!

IMG_20140415_093513.jpg

No Mario cups then?
    That's a pity ;)

On a brighter note, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror touched down just now, all the way from sunny Malta.

No Mario cups then?
    That's a pity ;)

On a brighter note, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror touched down just now, all the way from sunny Malta.

Your lack of Sonic nostalgia disturbs me.

This arrived this morning, cant wait to get stuck in, loved the ps3 one and missed the 1st 3ds one:

http://www.expono.com/go/photo/1477079_l.jpg

Ok, this is a big one for me. It's been on the wanted list for a good while, so I seen it coming up at what I'd consider an ok price, having sold some more doubled consoles, how could I say no? When you sell a double, or doubles to fund something like this, I find myself thinking "Sure it's costing me nothing, so why not?!" :o

29z8ufs.jpg

Label looks good, a few tiny dings, but tbh I'd prefer that on a cart like this. A mint & shiny label would throw up alarm bells, so I purposely bought this knowing the label was 8/10

14vr021.jpg

The all important pcb check. Phew, it's the real deal.

69mkxu.jpg

So, I can cross this one off the list now. I might actually buy the strategy guide at some point, it's dear but not too bad. I did get stung with customs though, it's always a risk though.

9k1qoy.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement