Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Castlevania was ezcellent . would like a copy of punchout too, need to play it again. Was hoping resident evil revelations or metal gear revengance were in the sale but no luck.

God typing on a smartphone us hard... How do people do this at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    get it now, shocking decision not to get it bundled, shocking.

It came with bundled with a cool boy for 7 euro from ali express;), no Crisis Force but more than enough to distract me for a while.P1020995_zps03efc6cf.jpg

P1020986_zps08ee825c.jpgP1020987_zps540bf532.jpgP1020993_zps9ae01349.jpgP1020996_zpsadf3049c.jpgP1020984_zps6f3483b1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dem scanlines...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just keep the scan line induced drooling to a minimum Myrddin, please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Doge

Myrddin wrote: »
    Dem scanlines...

Dat name...

303891.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

waveform wrote: »
    Dat name...

303891.jpg

I've met him, he looks exactly like this...

myrddin_by_marjoriecarmona-d46ne7n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

enternow_zps957dc66b.jpg

SxKeL5d.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Monkeykube wrote: »
    It came with bundled with a cool boy for 7 euro from ali express;), no Crisis Force but more than enough to distract me for a while.P1020995_zps03efc6cf.jpg

P1020986_zps08ee825c.jpgP1020987_zps540bf532.jpgP1020993_zps9ae01349.jpgP1020996_zpsadf3049c.jpgP1020984_zps6f3483b1.jpg

How quick was delivery ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

My 2 gets this weekend ...

DSC_00281_zps54d46358.jpg

DSC_00291_zpsa2b60c28.jpg

• Advertisement

Good stuff!
    How much for the poker?
    There usually so overpriced it's crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Cost me 90 all told for it. 50 for the cab, 20 for petrol and 20 for my dad to drive me down to carlow in his van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Some more Tesco gets from yesterday.

303976.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tesco raiding attempt no 2, this time it was a success.
    Picked up DIRT 3 and Yakuza 4, the latter at the suggestion of Retr0, who was on a Tesco raiding party of his own.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,964 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really annoyed about Yakuza 4 for a fiver. It's was becoming extremely hard to find new so I had to get it off ebay for about 45 euro last month. Now it's a fiver down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »

And a rather disappointing photo composition at that.
    I mean, really, after his previous effort we expect better.
    Tut tut Mr Vestek, if that is your real name!

Actually Mr. Vestek, there's a built-in way of resizing images without an app on the Moto G.

I presume its on the Nexus 5 too...

Just open the image you want to resize in "Gallery".

It has to be gallery and not "photos".

Tap the pencil, then tap the 3 vertical dots in the top right coroner and tap "Export".

That will allow you to set resolution and will save it as a copy of the original.

Looks fine on my screen.

You all need higher resolution screens. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

MrVestek wrote: »
    Looks fine on my screen.

You all need higher resolution screens. ;-)
    Looks great at 320 X 240 on my cab!
    what is it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Looks great at 320 X 240 on my cab!
    what is it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Picked up a dusty Commodore 64 & a few games with it over the weekend.
    The Atari bits were with the bundle, which was handy as I have a 2600jr but no sticks.

tRn1XdK.jpg

XNXNeA0.png

t2C3L54.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Grabbed a copy of Bayonetta for €5 on Tesco Maynooth.
    Wasn't a great selection there really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

yeah maynooth was pretty bad , a lot of stuff that was a fiver elsewhere was 10.Picked up SFxTekken (for a tenner :( ) and kinect disney adventures for the kids(fiver).
    Having said that I got bullet storm in harvey norman for 3 quid a week or two ago so that wasnt too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Thanks for posting that info on the Tesco games. We picked up a bunch today including Metriod Trilogy. It was just sitting face out on the top shelf as we walked into the store. Couldn't believe it as it's been on the ebay want list for the past year. (I was wondering why there was an influx of Irish sellers with "sealed" copied for sale!)

Thanks for posting that info on the Tesco games. We picked up a bunch today including Metriod Trilogy. It was just sitting face out on the top shelf as we walked into the store. Couldn't believe it as it's been on the ebay want list for the past year. (I was wondering why there was an influx of Irish sellers with "sealed" copied for sale!)

What branch Ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Went on a bit of gamechasing over over the weekend to Kilrush!

The haul at the Tesco there was a nice turnip for the books.

Metroid Trilogy x2
    Last Story
    Pokemon Park 2
    Monster Hunter Tri x2
    Mario 3DLand 3DS x2
    Zelda Ocarina of Time x2
    Zelda Spirit Tracks x2
    Pokemon Pearl and Diamond
    Ridge Racer 3D
    Dark Souls Limited Ed.
    Marvel v Capcom 3 PS3
    Street V Tekken PS3
    Dragon Quest IX
    Dragon Quest Joker x2

All the x2 are taken by my brother, so sadly I have no spares.

I was just looking on the website last night and I was thinking it would have been too late at that stage to get anything worthwhile from my nearest Tesco.
    I was wrong. 3DS red and black consoles for 30 quid. I didn't order any though as the last time in the original rush, anything I ordered got cancelled.
    Now I'm not sure what Tesco deliverers to me, it's likely either Ennis or Connagh Cross in Limerick. So one of those stores has some - possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

picked up some games over the weekend. Some in Tesco others in Argos.Got Zelda a Link between Worlds 3DS, deBlob 2 (3€ in tesco) Pokemon Rumble, Pacman party for €5 in tesco and some other DS game in tesco but I can't remember the name of it or find it at the moment.

How much was A Link Between Worlds and where did you pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How much was A Link Between Worlds and where did you pick it up?

Full price in Argos, would have been nice if it was a tenner

• Advertisement

The 3DS consoles mentioned from Argos (brain fart) Tesco, is there anyway to check if there is stock online? I still don't have a 3DS and really want one, especially at that price. Picked up Yakuza 4 while passing by earlier and I'm considering heading down to grab a copy of Super Street Fighter for the PS3 tomorrow unless I can grab a 3DS that would be awesome.

I was asking someone here to keep a copy of a link between worlds for me but I have since forgotten who it was. Oops.

With thanks to the great Kerbdog I now have a perfect AC adapter for my Turbo Express, made from a Turbo Express car adapter and a spare PSone PSU.
    Helpfully this arrangement will also power my Lynx and Gameboy handhelds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

"OwaynOTT wrote:
    I was wrong. 3DS red and black consoles for 30 quid. I didn't order any though as the last time in the original rush, anything I ordered got cancelled.
    Now I'm not sure what Tesco deliverers to me, it's likely either Ennis or Connagh Cross in Limerick. So one of those stores has some - possibly.
    All I saw on Coonagh yesterday was that pet yoke with the camera. I wasn't really looking hard either since I went without a wallet, didn't know we'd end up out there.

I shouldn't be allowed to do the weekly shop, picked up Castlevania and Zelda Spirit Tracks in Tesco.... putting them down as "something for the kids" when the receipt is questioned :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Anyone got a full list of what's to be found.Found pokepark 1 and 2 but That's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got my new Video Game Romantics tee, designed by the creator of Katamari, it glows in the dark too.

I also got my Ace Attorney cover for my 3DS XL, had it preoredered from Capcom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ianobeano wrote: »
    I shouldn't be allowed to do the weekly shop, picked up Castlevania and Zelda Spirit Tracks in Tesco.... putting them down as "something for the kids" when the receipt is questioned :rolleyes:

I get a lot of sympathy looks whenever I'm in Smyth's toy section with ninja turtles in each hand comparing them. A woman asked me before "Is your little fella turtles mad aswell?"

Little do people know I am not a father but rather a twenty something man who's checking for any imperfections in my new toys!

I get a lot of sympathy looks whenever I'm in Smyth's toy section with ninja turtles in each hand comparing them. A woman asked me before "Is your little fella turtles mad aswell?"

Little do people know I am not a father but rather a twenty something man who's checking for any imperfections in my new toys!

Lucky for you, I'm a father to two girls.... try standing in the "pink" aisles holding a fluffy pony in one hand and a Barbie in the other.... and yes, I know how that sounds ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

I just say young relative, work 100% of the time.
    Helps I got my nephew in to Mario at like
    age 3, he 5 and trashes me.........I'm so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Some random bits I got over the last week

7AB7B884-DE1E-4CEC-ABAA-597A6D8BF9FC_zpsq070mkjf.jpg

And my total tesco haul excluding doubles and stuff I picked up for other people. Too much to show it all individually. All in all it was €81 for everything here which is a steal.

8ABDD59C-A5FB-4B58-B74C-D2E4838EBC42_zpsk1pqtapm.jpg

Add to that everything else I got this month and there went my plans for not buying much this month!!

I see lots of gets for various platforms here including the 3DS.

Avatan I have Super Street Fighter IV for the 3DS too, PM me your friend code so that we can battle online some time! :-)

I see lots of gets for various platforms here including the 3DS.

Avatan I have Super Street Fighter IV for the 3DS too, PM me your friend code so that we can battle online some time! :-)

It's 4656 5971 2695 :)

It's 4656 5971 2695 :)

Mine's 1564-3904-3845

Mine's 1564-3904-3845

Added you there.

• Advertisement

Atavan-Halen how much was Uncharted 3? I seen it ion my local tescos but it was marked full price :)

Danonino. wrote: »
    Atavan-Halen how much was Uncharted 3? I seen it ion my local tescos but it was marked full price :)

€5. Should scan in at a fiver even if it's marked full price. All the same games are on sale in all tescos.

Thanks man, might head up and pick that up great game and would like to replay it. My Dark Souls 2 guide book arrived this morning :D:D:D Its lovely, really happy I went for the american version so it matched the souls 1 guide in size :)

Completes my souls colletion nicely and is a great read.

darksoulscollectsmall_zpsa75a47ca.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Atavan, where did you pick up NSMB2?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Atavan, where did you pick up NSMB2?

Cex for €32. Don't worry, it wasn't a fiver or anything :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement