Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The GET!'s continue, thanks again to Atavan for The Last Story

fwr6uv.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Spirit Tracks wasn't from the Tesco sale was it? The only decent DS game on sale in my local was De Blob 2 (€3).

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Spirit Tracks wasn't from the Tesco sale was it? The only decent DS game on sale in my local was De Blob 2 (€3).

Some Tesco's had it, alas none I was in. So I ended up buying it from Adverts from someone who did pick it up. I paid €12 for it, which isn't half bad for a new/sealed one really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,294 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There were no decent 3DS games in my local Tesco, only shovelware.

Did pick up a few 360 games though for a fiver each.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just got the very fun Hugmonster for my Android phone, with the latest in HD ascii graphics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Can't find the last story at any of the 4 tesco I went to lol, metroid was a long shot, seem last story was 2 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,294 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My mam was the one looking in Tesco for me.

'Okay so some of the Wii games for €5, Singstar, Cooking blah blah, Metroid, some Guitar Hero or something..'

'Metroid?! is it Metroid Prime Trilogy?! (almost certain it is after seeing folks here picking it up)

'No, it's called something else, Metroid ...... Other M'

:(

Just when you think you can't get burned any more by that game, it goes and does it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    My mam was the one looking in Tesco for me.

'Okay so some of the Wii games for €5, Singstar, Cooking blah blah, Metroid, some Guitar Hero or something..'

'Metroid?! is it Metroid Prime Trilogy?! (almost certain it is after seeing folks here picking it up)

'No, it's called something else, Metroid ...... Other M'

:(

Just when you think you can't get burned any more by that game, it goes and does it again.

Keithgeo was at that too.
    Luckily I got one. I love Kilrush. There's actually loads in CEx in limerick and they are mint like. €35 but still.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,964 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So picked up some games in the Rage. Ended up talking to some customers in there for ages.

I picked up The Note on PS1. Never heard of it. Supposedly it's a very bad but interesting horror game. Seems really rare, never came out in the US and the price was a bit lower than ebay so took a chance. It's in absolutely perfect nick as well.

Also took a chance on a NES game called Blue Shadow. It looked decent in the screenshots and was a 1990 game from Taito so figured it would be decent if not great.

Turns out it's the European name for Shadow of the Ninja which is an absolutely cracking ninja game from Natsume, delighted with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Keithgeo was at that too.
    Luckily I got one. I love Kilrush. There's actually loads in CEx in limerick and they are mint like. €35 but still.

My mistake was worse haha, I know nothing about metroid if I'm honest so I checked here saying people where looking for it so being nice I bought 3 copies of it. Only when I got home I realised everyone was looking for trilogy not other m haha. .so I've 3 copies of it now.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So picked up some games in the Rage. Ended up talking to some customers in there for ages.

I picked up The Note on PS1. Never heard of it. Supposedly it's a very bad but interesting horror game. Seems really rare, never came out in the US and the price was a bit lower than ebay so took a chance. It's in absolutely perfect nick as well.

Also took a chance on a NES game called Blue Shadow. It looked decent in the screenshots and was a 1990 game from Taito so figured it would be decent if not great.

Turns out it's the European name for Shadow of the Ninja which is an absolutely cracking ninja game from Natsume, delighted with that.

i got a copy of blue shadow from alter egotist, never got a chance to play it though, pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

keithgeo wrote: »
    My mistake was worse haha, I know nothing about metroid if I'm honest so I checked here saying people where looking for it so being nice I bought 3 copies of it. Only when I got home I realised everyone was looking for trilogy not other m haha. .so I've 3 copies of it now.

on the bright side, that's the Secret Santa sorted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,964 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i got a copy of blue shadow from alter egotist, never got a chance to play it though, pity.

It's a really good game, a bit like Shinobi/Ninja Gaiden with a bit of Bionic Commando thrown in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Clare hall Tesco has a ton of PS3, 360 and DS stuff, in a few stands about the shop.
    I picked up De Blob 2, Dragon Quest MJ2, Last Window and Viva Pinata, all for the DS. They had a decent selection of other bits and bobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Clare hall Tesco has a ton of PS3, 360 and DS stuff, in a few stands about the shop.
    I picked up De Blob 2, Dragon Quest MJ2, Last Window and Viva Pinata, all for the DS. They had a decent selection of other bits and bobs.

Viva pinata on the DS is actually pretty decent if you liked the 360 version. I got it in tesco too but have played it previously via some other means...

Viva pinata on the DS is actually pretty decent if you liked the 360 version. I got it in tesco too but have played it previously via some other means...

It's a really good game, a bit like Shinobi/Ninja Gaiden with a bit of Bionic Commando thrown in.

Yeah, it sounded good when I read up on it. I'll get it again in the future for sure, when I have my AV Famicom. Any day now

Ah grand for me so, as according to Teso customer care I can just pop into Clarehall as its just down the road from me here in County Clare. :rolleyes:

Is that Dragon Quest MJ2 any good? I picked it up just cause it was Dragon Quest and cheap.

Ah grand for me so, as according to Teso customer care I can just pop into Clarehall as its just down the road from me here in County Clare. :rolleyes:

Is that Dragon Quest MJ2 any good? I picked it up just cause it was Dragon Quest and cheap.

I got that for Cidonalad, his birthday is in a month or so and it's a game he's been after, at least part of his pressie anyway. And for €3 as well.

• Advertisement

Supposed to be exceptionally good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

And my total tesco haul excluding doubles and stuff I picked up for other people. Too much to show it all individually. All in all it was €81 for everything here which is a steal.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/atavanhalen_2009/8ABDD59C-A5FB-4B58-B74C-D2E4838EBC42_zpsk1pqtapm.jpg

Add to that everything else I got this month and there went my plans for not buying much this month!!

h8519B2F9

Supposed to be exceptionally good.

There 2 jokers and 2 super Pokemon rumble left at Clare hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Right who raided tescos Ardkeen and bought all four copies of The Last Story? Ye better be passing them on to people that want them. Bet they'll be sitting in CEX now for €35 :(

oh well

Danonino. wrote: »
    Right who raided tescos Ardkeen and bought all four copies of The Last Story? Ye better be passing them on to people that want them. Bet they'll be sitting in CEX now for €35 :(

oh well

Crys.....

the notes is one of the most obscure games on the ps1, look very interesting, tell me how it plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Managed to rescue a bunch of my old games from my parents house yesterday:

mfwqOvX.jpg

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    Managed to rescue a bunch of my old games from my parents house yesterday:

mfwqOvX.jpg
    fantastic hall.suikoden , ff6 classics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Shadow the Hedgehog!

Hmm
    Interesting trip to Tesco Ashbourne just now.
    Got a game in hand and scanned it at the customer price check thing and Nintendogs and Cats came back as costing 1c, or a single penny!
    So I buys it, head to the car and then be remembering there was another copy there, but a different dog.
    Nipped back in and snaps it up.
    Scan it, again 1c.
    I go to the serve yourself register when the attendant lady there says "1c? That can't be right" and walks off with it to her manager, after I'd paid for it with a single cent coin. Damn, should have videoed that.
    She comes back to tell me it is €5, I reply "I've already paid for it", and produce my receipt.
    The manager comes over and says it must be a scanning error, so I rescan it in front of her, 1c says the display.
    So, off I walk with my second copy of Nintendogs and Cats having spent the massive sum of 2c on them.
    Now to flip them on Adverts for a fiver each!

lol thats 49000% profit ROFL.

Also, new item in the Nintendo Club catalogue.
    It's the Super Mario 3D World soundtrack and it's a double cd set. Not only that but it's only 3000 points, which is less than the single cd soundtrack to Super Mario Galaxy. So that's on the way from Nintendo central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

oh well

I was out there this evening hoping to find something good.

Its been cleared out completely. I managed to get a few bits in Tesco ballybeg. Dont bother with polebery either, nothing there!

Tesco Ashbourne seems to have a good few PS3 and 360 titles there, as well as a few DS ones.
    Nothing of note for the Wii though, and no more Nintendogs either ;)

Oddly enough the copies of Duke Forever don't seem to be shifting at a tenner... though I'd probably bite if it was a fiver.

Anything interesting seem to be left in tesco?

Picked this up today

91473F8C-ED55-49B1-A25B-8A7EA2E3F124_zpshwvzsfcf.jpg

My 3DS library seems to be growing quite rapidly!

28048B5D-EF61-40D4-85B6-93D79CDE4806_zpsntj4xenq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Still completing my kits and grabbed myself another kit poster .

Dodonpachi Daioujou took me a while to find .

IMG_0254.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Hmm
    Interesting trip to Tesco Ashbourne just now.
    Got a game in hand and scanned it at the customer price check thing and Nintendogs and Cats came back as costing 1c, or a single penny!
    So I buys it, head to the car and then be remembering there was another copy there, but a different dog.
    Nipped back in and snaps it up.
    Scan it, again 1c.
    I go to the serve yourself register when the attendant lady there says "1c? That can't be right" and walks off with it to her manager, after I'd paid for it with a single cent coin. Damn, should have videoed that.
    She comes back to tell me it is €5, I reply "I've already paid for it", and produce my receipt.
    The manager comes over and says it must be a scanning error, so I rescan it in front of her, 1c says the display.
    So, off I walk with my second copy of Nintendogs and Cats having spent the massive sum of 2c on them.
    Now to flip them on Adverts for a fiver each!

Someone on the bargain alerts thread had their 1c game taken off them after they had paid for it.

Linky

Anything interesting seem to be left in tesco?

My 3DS library seems to be growing quite rapidly!

28048B5D-EF61-40D4-85B6-93D79CDE4806_zpsntj4xenq.jpg

Tesco Ennis, had a load of new stuff out today, I picked up another copy of Mario 3D Land on 3DS - which I have up as a trade on adverts and will pop up here as well.

My 3DS library has exploded in th last 6 months. Ever since I stop collecting retro stuff, I've been paying more attention to the 3DS and been playing stuff a lot more as well.
    Started getting Wii stuff as well, since I picked up Fire Emblem for 7 quid in the wild and most of the stuff for the Wii has been in the wild gets.
    I've gotten Fire Emblem for 7 as I said, Smash Bros for 5, Xenoblade LE for 20, Monster Hunter Tri for 5, last story for 5, Mario Kart for ten (thanks Atavan!), Pokepark for 5 and Pandora's Tower LE for 40. Not too shabby a start and might be picking up a kirby adventure for 25 soon also. Oh and I got Skyward Sword for 15 and all of those were new apart from Fire Emblem and Pandora.

Haven't bought anything off ebay in months. Actually quite enjoying this self inflicted withdrawal from collecting the older stuff. Playing more and scourging online a lot less.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Someone on the bargain alerts thread had their 1c game taken off them after they had paid for it.

Linky

Fairly sure once a shop accepts your money, a contract is created & the above would be against consumer law?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Fairly sure once a shop acepts your money, a contract is created & the above would be against consumer law?

I'd like to see that one go to the small claims court. :P

A friend of a lad I work with said his brother got a blu ray player in tesco for 1c

Must be some flaw In their price reduction stuff because it was meant to be just 20 euro off, I'd love to know how to take full advantage of it

I'd like to see that one go to the small claims court. :P

I'd have refused to give it back, they could have called the Guards all day for all I care...a contract is a contract is a contract :pac:

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd have refused to give it back, they could have called the Guards all day for all I care...a contract is a contract is a contract :pac:

Oh yeah your in the right 100%, sure Holland and barret have 1c sales so its not uncommon for good to be sold that low.

€5 on adverts though, has to be the worst case of "adverts price" I've ever seen! :p

• Advertisement

I was out there this evening hoping to find something good.

Its been cleared out completely. I managed to get a few bits in Tesco ballybeg. Dont bother with polebery either, nothing there!

Ah I hit them all during the week but lisduggan had the best selection as far as I can see but is also stripped clean. Wouldn't mind but I was in tesco ardkeen 3 times wondering if I should buy the extra copies of stuff.... Did the same the last time with skyway sword. Lesson learned ha ha

Looks like tesco are dropping Nintendo altogether and making room for the one and ps4.

Was pokemon x And y in the offer? O-o

Ah I hit them all during the week but lisduggan had the best selection as far as I can see but is also stripped clean. Wouldn't mind but I was in tesco ardkeen 3 times wondering if I should buy the extra copies of stuff.... Did the same the last time with skyway sword. Lesson learned ha ha

Looks like tesco are dropping Nintendo altogether and making room for the one and ps4.

Was pokemon x And y in the offer? O-o

I didn't get a chance to get to lisduggan. Hopefully there will be a next time.

I don't even want to go into cex now, going to be rife with all the games I know were got for a fiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭Doge

Oh yeah your in the right 100%, sure Holland and barret have 1c sales so its not uncommon for good to be sold that low.

€5 on adverts though, has to be the worst case of "adverts price" I've ever seen! :p

Holland and barrets one cent sales are a bit different, you buy the first item for full price and get the second one for 1 cent.

Glob damn it!
    Was back in Tesco Clarehall again :(
    This time I bought Bayonetta for the 360, I had it and completed it the first time around but figured this would be a good time to get it again, at a fiver.
    And, against my better judgement, I bought Skylanders, the original one, for the 3DS, only a tenner and Cidonalad will love it, it's the same sort of thing as it's console cousins but entirely new levels and he can use his manifold original toys with it too.

One thing though,
    They have shelves and shelves, up high, of Rockband instrument edition for the PS3 and Star wars themed 360's with no sign of a price, I never asked but I'd be fascinated is they are in the sale as well.
    If anyone is out that way let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056419774/604/#post89982174

99 quid for the star wars bundle I think. Was there many?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056419774/604/#post89982174

99 quid for the star wars bundle I think. Was there many?

A good few, sure no one sees them up there, the high wall shelves, back right of the store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,784 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Treated myself today, before the old model disappears for good!

axka35.jpg

A good few, sure no one sees them up there, the high wall shelves, back right of the store.

If you're there again and it's €99 would you pick us up one? I'd pay you back like :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

So decided to hit the bargain bins in Tesco Ballybrack one last time, scored a copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn !!! Gets better, the sticker on it was handwritten 5 euro, so brought it up to test scan.... blip...... that can't be right.... blip..... holy fu....... seems the glitch that hit Ciderman hit me too, 1 cent..... I have never gone through a checkout so quick, up to the self scan.... blip.... "This item needs approval !" bugger I'm done for, up strolls a manager, flips his card at the screen and has a quick look and I quote says "Great feckin bargain ye got there" :D:):D:):D

• Advertisement

I really really really wantvone of those star wars xboxs... No cash at the moment though and none in stock round these parts anyway :(

Anyone know if the regular consoles are on sale or is that wishful thinking?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement