Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pink ds are cooler and a peach pink ds even more so. It's a known fact Sera and everyone knows it, sheesh! So if you ever do happen to gone across a Mario one I'll kindly take it off your hands.
    If the owner of the pink peach one reads this please reverse mario and red for peach and pink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Pink ds are cooler and a peach pink ds even more so. It's a known fact Sera and everyone knows it, sheesh!
    yeah that's why Retr0 collects pink handhelds :rolleyes: he was dying for my Pink NDS it was just pure gorgey

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Sera wrote: »
    I saw someone selling the Mario one for £400

Yeh, most of the prices seem to float around 400, it was just the one lad selling for 1200. Im hoping 1200 is the going price though.. haha, i doubt it though. I wouldnt bother selling it now for only 100 extra on a normal 3DS, id rather keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Doom love continues...

2aah8ps.jpg

2096kqe.jpg

2dv7dci.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sh1te cover, stunning game.
    Massive too, with Doom and Doom 2 together.
    The soundtrack is great too.
    The controls are just fine, never mind the mouse/wasd stuff!
    I had it and did a bit of PS-PS linkup play back in the day, well worth finding a link cable, seeing as PS's are as cheap as chips, easy to set it up.
    Plenty of compatible games too!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Link_Cable

And here's one for sale!!
    Third party PS1 link cable, with a free mystery game!!

• Advertisement

I actually like that cover :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's a great cover!

Okay it doesn't really say 'Space Marine' as much as it says 'pissed off biker' - and the face of the main character is a bit off - but the rest of it is great. Look at the foreshortening on that gun arm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I always thought it was Bruce Willis when i was younger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

EnterNow wrote: »
    The Doom love continues...

Just I saw the pics i heard Neil Prendeville (96FM) say "doom" on the radio in the background!

3 doom items in about 10 seconds is scary.

Maybe December 21st is dooms day after all? ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I had it and did a bit of PS-PS linkup play back in the day, well worth finding a link cable, seeing as PS's are as cheap as chips, easy to set it up.
    Plenty of compatible games too!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Link_Cable

Funnily enough I just ordered an iLink / firewire cable for the PS2.
    Was buying some other stuff off the same seller and saw it for cheap so added it to the basket.

Unfortunately there's no wiki list of compatible games, not even Sony themselves could provide a list of games as you can see in this thread:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?11031-PS2-iLink-compatible-games-Network-adapter-LANs&p=117389&viewfull=1#post117389

The post I linked to is probably the most complete list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Loves the Doom me.
    I was in a charity shop in celbridge , got these 2 fellas
    This means bar the psp one I have originals of all the Tekkens (just need to get new boxes for 1 and 2 now)

th_IMG_20120619_122210.jpg

The love for cheap 32X games continues...

20h3jnb.jpg

Master of the Universe

Great version of Virtua Fighter that! It's one game which really shows what the 32X can do.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Great version of Virtua Fighter that! It's one game which really shows what the 32X can do.

Actually your right, it's pretty impressive technically. Not a big fan of the game, but it might grow on me. Once I played SF2 the likes of VF & Tekken never grew on me

Master of the Universe

Well as for the gameplay itself, it's really archaic, dawn of the 3d fighter stuff. You'd have a hard time enjoying it properly as 3D based fighters have come on so much. The controls are very floaty and you kind of feel like you're on the moon.

But as far as collecting and owning pieces of videogame history, definitely one you can't go without.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Spending 22 on the PS2 collection Gradius 3&4, guy stuck it up on adverts just now, is that a good price or have I been stung, either way its a game for the cheap and cheerful Shmup collection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Spending 22 on the PS2 collection Gradius 3&4, guy stuck it up on adverts just now, is that a good price or have I been stung, either way its a game for the cheap and cheerful Shmup collection!

Is it PAL? Its a little cheeky on price, but not by much. Is it in good nick?

Top notch GET! though Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale!

A postal projectile arrived today from the Land Of The Rising Sun.

I think this is my first package ever from Japan actually!

23ib96e.jpg

2lt1nxd.jpg

4 of my current, most wanted SFC games that use an enhancement chip! :)
    (Haven't played Pilot Wings yet, but I know it will be epic from watching gameplays of it!)

These should accompany my Super Everdrive nicely.

And it all came to only $31.25, including tracking from hit-japan on ebay.

Unfortunately, the Super Famicom I bought hasn't touched down on Irish soil yet according to the tracking, so I need to wait a while before I can play these games.

Is the text in Starfox & Pilotwings in Japanese?

Most likely! :P

Not too bothered though! Hopefully it wont make Pilot wings too unplayable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Really must learn Japanese

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Really must learn Japanese

Would make things much easier alright!

Actually, that reminds me of a question i meant to ask yourself and Oisín.

I know you can use a device like the Retrode to make a dump of the ROM on your PC.

But does a device exist that does that in reverse.

I.E. A device that could flash a PAL image of a game to the EEPROM chip within the cart itself?

So you could play the Pal / English version on the SFC?

This isn't really something I'd do, but I'm curious to know if a PAL flashed SFC cart would allow you to bypass the Lockout chip!

Master of the Universe

The chips in carts aren't rewritable unfortunately. They're not eeproms. You only get eeproms in protos and beta carts.

You know those reproductions and home made pirate carts I'm always giving out about? Well what they do is find a sacrificial game which shares a similar board to the original rom, program some eeproms with whatever rom they want and solder them to the board.

That's the only way you can really get fan translations or other version roms playing on a snes (other than using a flash card or dumping device of course)

o1s1n wrote: »
    The chips in carts aren't rewritable unfortunately. They're not eeproms. You only get eeproms in protos and beta carts.

You know those reproductions and home made pirate carts I'm always giving out about? Well what they do is find a sacrificial game which shares a similar board to the original rom, program some eeproms with whatever rom they want and solder them to the board.

That's the only way you can really get fan translations or other version roms playing on a snes (other than using a flash card or dumping device of course)

Thanks a lot for the insight man!

128736775148685501.jpg

Hope I haven't burst anyones bubble with all the questions lately!

I'll get my coat...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So my retro pickings from NY have been quite meagre because of overpricing and more so because I spent all my money on booze.

I picked up SMB/Duckhunt for NES and Under Defeat HD for PS3. My friend Andrew gave me a welcome to america gift of Castlevania 3 for the NES, I owe him big time for that.

Also when I came home I had Legacy of the Wizard waiting for me from ebay. only 7 euros, 4 of which were postage.

Master of the Universe

Just bought my first batch of buttons a bits for the cab.

Seimitsu PS-14-G green X2
    Seimitsu PS-14-G Blue X2
    Seimitsu PS-14-G Yellow X2

(The red ones I have in it already are good, so should be able to use them along with the above)

And two black Seimitsu shaft covers to neaten up the discolouring sticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

waveform wrote: »
    Would make things much easier alright!

Actually, that reminds me of a question i meant to ask yourself and Oisín.

I know you can use a device like the Retrode to make a dump of the ROM on your PC.

But does a device exist that does that in reverse.

I.E. A device that could flash a PAL image of a game to the EEPROM chip within the cart itself?

So you could play the Pal / English version on the SFC?

This isn't really something I'd do, but I'm curious to know if a PAL flashed SFC cart would allow you to bypass the Lockout chip!

Why not just get an Everdrive for SNES? http://krikzz.com/severdrive.html

Master of the Universe

That package of buttons above has been marked as shipped already. Those lads at Arcadeworld work fast!

Just noticed something else, I am on the verge of an ebay milestone! Havent changed my star colour in years!

Capture-6.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I remember in the early 90's playing a demo of Starfox, just before the SNES was released, at a display in the Frascati Centre (Blackrock).

They gave us each a certificate of our score, pity I don't still have that, it'd be quite the collector's item.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I remember in the early 90's playing a demo of Starfox, just before the SNES was released, at a display in the Frascati Centre (Blackrock).

They gave us each a certificate of our score, pity I don't still have that, it'd be quite the collector's item.

I remebr that, the SNES had been out for a while at that stage and Nintendo held a high score competition across stores in the UK and Ireland before Starfox was released. I remember going into Eason's in O'Connell Street, Playing getting no where near the leading score. getting my Certificate and binning it pretty much as soon as I got home. Apparently some people had got the game on Jap import ahead of time and mullered everyone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement