Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yep thats it

Actually they are the original names arn't they? Wasn't it Capcom USA that changed Balrogs name from M. Bison to Balrog because of the Tyson thing?

Edit - Your ninja edit confirmed it

jack-burton-reflexes.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Its all in the reflexes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

couple of bits and bobs picked up for my new cab :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

That cab has more stuff in it than Mairead Farrell's gee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just got a text from my girlfriend that said 'I have your giant package in my hands...'.

I... erh... I can only assume that means that my games have been delivered. :P

If so then I'll be playing Max Payne 3, Fifa 10 (I'm not a football fan but wanted to try out a football game as I haven't played one inyears), LA Noire and Sega Tennis over the next few days.

Looking forward to it. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Pyongyang wrote: »
    That cab has more stuff in it than Mairead Farrell's gee.

haha, that made me laugh out loud in work. nicework!

Achilles wrote: »
    Just got a text from my girlfriend that said 'I have your giant package in my hands...'.

I... erh... I can only assume that means that my games have been delivered. :P

If so then I'll be playing Max Payne 3, Fifa 10 (I'm not a football fan but wanted to try out a football game as I haven't played one inyears), LA Noire and Sega Tennis over the next few days.

Looking forward to it. :-)

Your in for a treat with Max Payne 3, being a fan of the prequels I found it very, very well done.

Currently really enjoying LA Noire too, it's brilliant so far

Yeah I was a big fan of the original games, although I was a little bit disappointed with Max Payne 2... specifically that there wasn't enough of it.

Pity we won't be seeing Mona Sax in the new one though...

Passed a charity shop on my way to lunch that's usually never EVER open and picked up two gems for PS2 for the grand total of €2.

xJjpO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

ondafly wrote: »
    couple of bits and bobs picked up for my new cab :D

It appears that the innards of the Atomiswave wasn't the only thing that was naked in the video....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »

Now that would be a nice little something to have mounted on my wall. Only one for sale though :(
    :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, a good news Gamestop story.
    I have been after Cave Story 3d for the 3ds for sometime now, is very expensive and getting more so.
    I asked in Gamestop blanchardstown if they had it and it turns out they did, in another shop up the country.
    They had it shipped to the store near me and I thought, grand I'll trade in Mario Kart ds against it, worth 20 on trade, only cost me then the balance of 20.
    Went in today, there it was! Popped MK Ds to the girl... Only worth 18!
    Dug deep for 22 euro only to be told I only owed a tenner as there was a special promotion on trading certain Ds games for 3ds games!
    And then....
    Cave Story still has the unused Nintendo club points!
    So, I got Cave Story 3d for a tenner and Mario Kart Ds, which also me a tenner, simple maths would indicate I got thw game for 20 quid!!!
    Pleased? Pleased as punch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, and the girl serving at the counter was very pretty and a retro collector as well, had a nice chat about what stuff we had...

Why oh why weren't girls attracted to gamers back in the 90's?
    It's not fair!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh, and the girl serving at the counter was very pretty and a retro collector as well, had a nice chat about what stuff we had...

It's not fair!

The devil's testing you with adultery there man!

simpTheLastTemptationofHomer_f.jpg

*think unsexy thoughts* *think unsexy thoughts*

n743233480_1080176_1389.jpg

"Duhhhhhh Da...........Da-duh da-duh-duh........duhhhhh da..........."

:D

In the off chance someone didn't get it, this clip should re-jog your memory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

It's been a while but it's still my latest retro pickup:

DSCF5199.jpg

I like my shooting hyper violent even if it means there's no way out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

It's not fair!

Can you pm me the location of the other shop that had it please.

I had the counterweight story to yours and didn't get any where when I went in.

• Advertisement

Yeah please let us all know where this attractive retro gaming girl works!

I always love finding legit retro collectors, and I love even more raining down some knowledge and calling out posers!

Yeah please let us all know where this attractive retro gaming girl works!

I always love finding legit retro collectors, and I love even more raining down some knowledge and calling out posers!
    I don't fancy being called out any time soon. ;-)

Achilles wrote: »
    I don't fancy being called out any time soon. ;-)

Whats the best final fantasy game?

Casey120 wrote: »
    CERO_Z.svg
    I like my shooting hyper violent even if it means there's no way out !

Holy mother of God! I'm no aspiring moderator, but please can you not post images like that? I find them deeply upsetting. Far too smutty and explicit for the general public. :eek:

I think all your posts in future should come with an age rating or pay per view. I've helped you get started (see above).

It would be remiss of me, as a gentleman, to discuss the store where she works so she would become a target of misplaced retrogame enthusiasts affections! Tracking her down like some sort of geo-cache with a pulse, a nice smile and a copy of Vagrant Stories in her collection!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

here , before this place turns into stalkers anonymous, can I post a pic of something I got
    th_IMG_20120622_205351.jpg
    C128 ,(apparantly RFs ken ackered, but it still working via RGB to monitor)
    pimped out cn2 , (yo dawg I heard you like neon so we's LEDed this baby up for when it plays or ff's , ..er also we stuck in a knob to adjust azimuth )
    and a 1541 , sadly no psu or serial cable .
    (I can probably make a new 6 pin DIN cable , hate soldering DIN plugs though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Dr Bob wrote: »
    C128 ,(apparantly RFs ken ackered, but it still working via RGB to monitor)

Retr0gamer would consider that more of a feature and less of a bug :D

Just got my PS2 Gradius 3 & 4 collection, that'll match up nicely with Gradius V.
    Is there a PS/PS2 collection of the other games in the series?

I think there is for the PSP, else you can get Gradius Gaiden for the PS1 and Saturn. I have the PS1 Books version. I think I have it on the Saturn too, I forget. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd recommend the SNES version of Gradius 3 over the arcade version. The SNES version is plagued with horrendous slowdown and the levels are hardly faithful to the arcade original. However it's actually playable and a damn fine game.

Gradius 3 arcade on the other hand is one of the most punishing games ever made, even gradius fans think it's brutal. You need at least 3 speed ups before your ship moves at a playable pace meaning if you die and lose your power ups you are totally boned. This means you have practically 1 life to beat the whole game. Also Konami took out being able to continue but to be honest once you die you aren't getting anywhere else in that game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement