Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got this today. Screen doesnt work, hence the other thread. ive no idea of the size of the screen in it, any guesses?. it powers on, i can hear sound etc from it. came with Street Fighter 2 and Tetris pcbs and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Needs a HUGE Clean and some work, filling, prob will get new t-moulding and artwork, maybe spray it. Ive been trying to figure out what it was originaly, it was made by Atari in Ireland according to the plate on the back, pic below.

IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2026.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow that's huge! Nice one! Interesting that it was made in the Irish Atari factory.

Looks like a generic JAMMA cab - so the first game in it may have been SF2, rather than being a conversion.

Does the SF Alpha 3 board power up and work properly? (going by the sound)

Going by the sound it powers up yeh. the fan is a bit nosey but i can hear the game perfect. They guy i bought it off mentioned something about germany and it has a lot of german on the back of it, power warning signs etc. but looks like it was made here alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ooh very nice man, original artwork too :cool:

I'd hazard a guess at a 25" of some kind, if you measure the diagonal you'll know for sure. Or take the back panel off & try to spot any stickers on the back of the neckboard or chassis itself.

Lovely adition :)

keithgeo wrote: »
    Going by the sound it powers up yeh. the fan is a bit nosey but i can hear the game perfect. They guy i bought it off mentioned something about germany and it has a lot of german on the back of it, power warning signs etc. but looks like it was made here alright.

Those cps2 boards are fierce noisy arn't they. SFA3 should be worth a few quid too, at least it used to be

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The speakers on my cab have pretty bad interference. If you were in an arcade you wouldnt hear it - but when the cab is turned down to acceptable sitting room volumes it can be a bit annoying.

The CPS2 fan totally drowns it out :D loud bastard so it is.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Those cps2 boards are fierce noisy arn't they. SFA3 should be worth a few quid too, at least it used to be

Its very very loud alright, but hey i dont care right now! im raging the screen isnt working, but it was sold that way so i cant complain.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Its very very loud alright, but hey i dont care right now! im raging the screen isnt working, but it was sold that way so i cant complain.

Ah the noise you can live with, sure all CPS2 boards are like that. Plus SFA3 is a sweet sweet game!

Re the screen, I wouldn't worry about it too much man. Your main task is to identify the type & size of screen in the cab & go from there. Worst comes to worst you can replace it, but having the cab is the big one here :cool:

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ah the noise you can live with, sure all CPS2 boards are like that. Plus SFA3 is a sweet sweet game!

Re the screen, I wouldn't worry about it too much man. Your main task is to identify the type & size of screen in the cab & go from there. Worst comes to worst you can replace it, but having the cab is the big one here :cool:

Cheers, Ill give it a measure tomorrow and see what the craic is. ill be asking the usual, what can i touch, what cant i touch questions tomorrow! haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Congrats man..always loved the artwork on that cab.
    How much it set ya back

• Advertisement

prob paid a bit over the odds, im not sure, the cab, tetris, Street Fighter 2 pcbs and Street fighter alpha 3 was 300 altogether. Im happy with the price i think. its cleaning up well so far. pity the monitor isnt working, but it was sold as not working.

Master of the Universe

Sure the value of the games you got combined would be worth the guts of €300 as is!

yeh thats what i was thinking myself. gives me something to do the next few months, cleaning it up.

Yeah not bad at all...pity monitor isn't a quick fix...still good haul lad.
    Wonder of cps2 is phonixed

Yeah not bad at all...pity monitor isn't a quick fix...still good haul lad.
    Wonder of cps2 is phonixed

how can i tell?

Usually a screen on boot up.since u can't see anything us have to open it and see if bastardin suicide battery is removed

Master of the Universe

One thing to note about the phoenix boot up - if your monitor is slow to start up, you can miss it!

I have a phoenixed Children of the Atom that I thought was just running off a suicide battery for ages as my first cab's monitor took a while to boot up - so by the time it did that screen had passed.

Plugged it into a supergun one day and got a nice surprise.

Usually a screen on boot up.since u can't see anything us have to open it and see if bastardin suicide battery is removed

ill have a look later.. cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congrats on the second cab keithgeo! Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that Tetris pcb if you get the chance, love that game.

cheers, here it is below. its way smaller than the street fighter 2 one.

IMG_2032.jpg

• Advertisement

Haven't posted here in a long while as far as new purchases go and reckon this will most likely be my farewell post in that regard - pretty much hung up my collecting boots. :eek:

Some bits and bobs I got a while back; two more PS2 shmups, a 3 pin adatper plug and a nifty little jamma digital voltmeter. Not really sure why I got the Strikers collection since I have both PCBs, came with some sort of superplay dvd which was nice. The voltmeter is a neat little tool I think, hook it up between harness and PCB to show the +5v reading.

ekTuC.jpg

Hooked up to a supergun + Snow Bros. PCB for demo purposes, will find a spot for it in the cab:

sjGEL.jpg

This next little beauty was my last purchase and has appeared here before - previously owned by Pyongyang, I couldn't let it pass when he decided to sell on (thanks again sir!). A Bang & Olufsen MX4000 with both remotes. She's a gorgeous looking tv with cracking picture and sound, 21".

JkNnz.jpg

u4wJT.jpg

Aesthetically much prettier than the Trinitron but picture quality is the same imo, both are superb.

WnBy9.jpg

Gorgeous weighty remotes:

65wAj.jpg

Unlike the Trini the B&O was almost impossible to get close up pics of the scanlines without the flash getting in the way, they look awesome though. o1s1n and Pyongyang I expect both of you will recognise this game no problem. :cool:

pFNBo.jpg

Master of the Universe

The Pyongster sold his MX4000? :eek: Never thought I'd see that happen!

Nice to see you were able to swoop on it anyway! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

nice looking picture tube you got there sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    The Pyongster sold his MX4000? :eek: Never thought I'd see that happen!

Yep. Had to let it go for numerous reasons. Mainly because of lack of space, but also because it will help justify investing in Batrider in some bizarre nondescript way.

Went to a great home though. Looks great in your setup Andrew76! :)

Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    but also because it will help justify investing in Batrider in some bizarre nondescript way.

There's a Mars Matrix CPS2 board I really want on ebay at the moment - guess I better sell the sliding porch door to justify it. :pac:

Picked up the 360 Deathsmiles faceplate from a US seller for 17 euro delivered. Was going to go for the whole package but realized the last thing I need in the house is another giant box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

These arrived in the post this morning
    2012-06-25+14.06.51.png

Got my N64 from Infideals this morning. A little disassembly & clean up & it's right as rain. Gonna put that into storage, as I gave my PAL one away some time ago, & use the PSU that came with it for my US N64.

Now, to sort out what to do with any PAL titles I have & replace them with NTSC equivalents :)

Master of the Universe

Picked up something small, but it was on the cab originally so was a must. Nice SNK blue logo sticker :)

IMG_1736.jpg

Also got those blue marquees down the side stuck down properly - they were curling at the top. Only real problem with the externals of the thing. Not anymore though.

Trying to figure out now how'd be the best way of getting that control panel all nice and shiny.

She's looking very nice man! Pretty sure you already answered this but I can't remember what you said :o - what are you doing (if anything) with the sticks again? New sticks entirely or changing ball colours or what?

P.S. Word of warning for any future pics you take of the cab, with that shiny chrome CP please please make sure you are fully clothed when taking any pics! :pac:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    She's looking very nice man! Pretty sure you already answered this but I can't remember what you said :o - what are you doing (if anything) with the sticks again? New sticks entirely or changing ball colours or what?

At the moment I want to get some new ball tops and I also have black shaft covers on the way too. (should go with the dust cover and black button rims) The sticks seem to work perfectly. The one thing I don't like though is the height of them - I'd like something lower.

Not sure what colours though, I think maybe that electric blue to keep the blue theme going on?

I quite like green ones too though.
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    P.S. Word of warning for any future pics you take of the cab, with that shiny chrome CP please please make sure you are fully clothed when taking any pics! :pac:

Hahahaha! I was thinking exactly the same thing when I noticed my robe being reflected in it (yes, one can only wear a robe/smoking jacket in the golden room)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement