Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I bought a new hotshoe flash for my Nikon DSLR last week, figured I'd stretch her legs with an old GET! I don't think I posted here before. Now is as good a time as any I guess. :)

i1CRjR1DUMMDf.jpg
    ibznDMCJ5hPD2l.jpg
    ibjRFZ4G7XKbm2.jpg
    iOlRRLbtDx3By.jpg
    i7YuLSkYhtUyT.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I really love the artwork in that game.

Do you listen to those soundtracks much or is it more of a collecting thing?

I had something else come in the post recently - any DayZ players out there should recognize this immediately. It's pretty damn big!

IMG_1746.jpg

A bit of both really. I only have a handful of soundtracks, some are still sealed, thanks to ridiculous 're-mortgage your gaf' prices of Cave soundtracks. I'll be getting more very soon (you know why!), hopefully Zuntata titles and a Gradius Symphony box set I've had my eye on for around 2 years now (originally saw it in Super Play around 1993).

This one is worth more than the standard soundtrack as it's the limited edition set. I like 'em though. :)

EDIT: This is a track from the soundtrack in question. It's rather epic, and I like classical music a lot, so it's a win/win situation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

The package I've been waiting in earnest for finally came from Japan today:

nswQd.jpg

And a lovely personal note from the seller awaited inside:

pU0ha.jpg

eGZGy.jpg

A Super Famicom comeplete with SMW, A/V cable and yellowing. ;)

Here's a piccy with the super everdrive cartridge in place:

qjqHV.jpg

Even though there's some yellowing, I will <3 this console as much as one in mint condition,
    I'm going to game the ****e out of it! :)

And with good reason too.....

Not only is this my first JAP console....

It is also my first........Nintendo........Console............EVER!!!

Yes yes, not only don't I posess a NES, upto now I have never possessed ANY Nintendo hardware!

Now put that in your A&R Hall Of Shame pipe and smoke it! :D

You made the right choice. Super Famicom is the discerning choice for the 'chap', discerning gent and general man/woman of good taste.

Take a 'lunge' sir. Welcome to the Super Famicom owners club! :)

http://thechap.net/cms/category/am-i-chap/

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Take a 'lunge' sir. Welcome to the Super Famicom owners club! :)

http://thechap.net/cms/category/am-i-chap/

:D

I think i've spotted Oisín in one of those piccies! ;)

All I'm short is a pantry now.

Was doing some quite "woody" diy work earlier and all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well done Wavey, now get that Retr0brite mix out and your finest tanning lamp and get to work :D

Master of the Universe

FAM-I-COM sounds a bit woody my old chap! Tally-ho!

Welcome to the Nintendo/Super Famicom/importer club! :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well done Wavey, now get that Retr0brite mix out and your finest tanning lamp and get to work :D

Haha, you know I think I'll leave it for now.

I honestly don't care how it looks, I feel like giving the thing a big hug!

Maybe I'm just high off all the colours mannnnnn!

Actually the SNES outshines the mega drive picture quality wise.

I'm only using composite for now, but its looking so damn good.

Could be the greater resolution and colour count also.

I remember Enter Now said something about getting crappy RGB Scart cables for the Gamecube.

If you could recommend one to me it would be great dude, asfaik the socket is the same on the SFC?

Kind of cool how they kept the same connector for 3 Generations of consoles.

Oh and Steve thanks for post about the 3 Way Scart switcher.

That arrived today also but i forgot to take piccies.

Works like a charm.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You definitely 100% need an RGB scart cable for it - if you think the picture looks nice now, wait to be blown away.

The Snes & Super Famicom scart cables aren't interchangeable - so make sure you order the correct one or it wont work.

Seems to be a bit of a shortage of them in the UK on ebay at the moment. Odd, usually there are loads.

They have one on http://consolegoods.co.uk/ for £5.90.

o1s1n wrote: »
    You definitely 100% need an RGB scart cable for it - if you think the picture looks nice now, wait to be blown away.

The Snes & Super Famicom scart cables aren't interchangeable - so make sure you order the correct one or it wont work.

Seems to be a bit of a shortage of them in the UK on ebay at the moment. Odd, usually there are loads.

They have one on http://consolegoods.co.uk/ for £5.90.

Hehe, was just looking at console goods and all!

It was actually 80s Synth Pop would had a crosshatch pattern with his gamecube and 2 cables he used.

Enternow replied to his posts, so I got that mixed up.

Going to e-mail console goods right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What are the pros of a super famicom over and American Snes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

New bits'n'pieces

OF8Fw.jpg?1

dmBgq.jpg?1

Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »

It's pretty? :p
    ahyeahok wrote: »
    New bits'n'pieces

OF8Fw.jpg?1

dmBgq.jpg?1

Nice!

What's the Japanese Megadrive game? I thought it might be Magical Flying Turbo Hat Adventure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

It's Magic Troll or Tarurūto-kun or squiggly lines まじかる☆タルるートくん or sumthin.. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd talk to enternow first about the RGB scart cables, I think the ones that gave him trouble came from consolegoods.

Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Was only Gamecube cables, their Snes and Megadrive ones have always been grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    Was only Gamecube cables, their Snes and Megadrive ones have always been grand.

I see, well that answers my question.

Domark. Jizzling boulangeries that's a name I've not seen in decades.

• Advertisement

Here's a little factoid for the day for ye.

I was doing some research on soundtracks last night and looked up Gradius In Classic. Indeed it was released in December 1993, so my memory isn't failing me yet (!), but more interestingly it was recorded at Abbey Road. Didn't know that!

http://vgmdb.net/album/3718

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The console goods snes rgb cable worked for me 100%, no cross hatch at all. Though there was someone in the Nintendo forum who was getting cross hatch with one of their cables apparently, but from my own experience, I'd give consolegoods a try for the snes.

Same for their N64 s-video lead for my US N64. Works perfect without any problems. Not sure about their modified PAL s-video leads, as I 've never tried one.

Their N64 RGB leads do not function correctly, but there is an inherent difference in the PAL N64's - they have no native c-sync output so there's no way to sync an RGB signal without the wizardry off the 1st party cable. So it's more a limitation of what 3rd parties can do, as opposed to a wrongly designed 3rd party cable.

TL DR - yeah, my consolegoods SNES RGB works a charm :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RGB just doesn't work on a PAL N64 and I believe there's no way to modify a PAL N64 for RGB. I can confirm that the PAL s-video cables he sells work fantastically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    RGB just doesn't work on a PAL N64 and I believe there's no way to modify a PAL N64 for RGB.

Early morning posting, I meant to say Gamecube where I was on about N64. The Gamecube has no native c-sync, so you really need a first party RGB cable for that.

His N64 s-video cables are perfect though agreed.

Thanks dudes!

My Gamecube cable was a cheap Game brand one and worked fine although on ebay I'd say there's a good few SNES ones labeled as Gamecube so probably safer to go for first party.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My Gamecube cable was a cheap Game brand one and worked fine although on ebay I'd say there's a good few SNES ones labeled as Gamecube so probably safer to go for first party.

Well since people are charging 40 euro for the official SNES cable, I think I'll just go with console goods me thinks:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Official-Nintendo-GameCube-RGB-Scart-Cable-NTSC-Import-Lead-SNES-US-USA-/110904373690?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item19d26a71ba#ht_738wt_1397

Master of the Universe

You'd want to be insane to pay more than a tenner for a Snes RGB cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

The snes rgb cable I got from console goods made the screen push slightly to the left and the right side a little bent. This happened on around 5 different tvs. It's not noticable on my Triniton though.

• Advertisement

nuxxx wrote: »
    The snes rgb cable I got from console goods made the screen push slightly to the left and the right side a little bent. This happened on around 5 different tvs. It's not noticable on my Triniton though.

That's more than likely the TV. On a lot of cheap ones RGB isn't calibrated properly and it's a bit off centre.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement