Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Steve SI wrote: »
    Wait, you have another arcade machine so why not drop the board in there and see if it works?

Yeh but the other one is just a pc running mame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I'll gladly test it on my cab.."testing" may take a few months though so be patient.

The volume pot should be on the board no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Feel free to test it on mine if you want.

I'm pretty sure the volume is the knob down on the left corner.

yep found the volume button now, i think its actually working, the sound is messed up because the right hand speaker doesnt work i think. and because of that im not hearing all the sound, whats supposed to come out the right is missing so im only hearing half of it out of the left if you know what i mean.

Thanks for the offers! I think its grand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    yep found the volume button now, i think its actually working, the sound is messed up because the right hand speaker doesnt work i think. and because of that im not hearing all the sound, whats supposed to come out the right is missing so im only hearing half of it out of the left if you know what i mean.

Thanks for the offers! I think its grand though.

Thats a bootleg SF2 CE Keith, so not sure as to how it starts up. But normally, they go straight to the Winners Don't Use Drugs type stuff, then the intro starts, you know the street fight & skyscraper scroll.

Also I would imagine the default output is mono, not even sure if CPS1 does stereo? So it might not be due to one speaker being down....could be wrong on that though

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Thats a bootleg SF2 CE Keith, so not sure as to how it starts up. But normally, they go straight to the Winners Don't Use Drugs type stuff, then the intro starts, you know the street fight & skyscraper scroll.

Also I would imagine the default output is mono, not even sure if CPS1 does stereo? So it might not be due to one speaker being down....could be wrong on that though

Cool, i thought it was a bootleg alright, there is no capcom on it anywhere. Im going to pick up a speaker in halfords today anyways as i need to sort out the broken one, at least that will eliminate that.

.. I really need to get a working screen haha, its stupid guessing if a game is working based on sound!

.. I really need to get a working screen haha, its stupid guessing if a game is working based on sound!

Can you hear the intro play? This should loop & alternate between attract mode

EnterNow wrote: »
    Can you hear the intro play? This should loop & alternate between attract mode

what i can hear is, the kinda drum beat, and the symbol noise, but not the other parts of the intro music if you know what i mean? watch that vid there and imaging just the drum and symbol noises, thats what i can hear, then the attract mode fighting a round. Which is why im thinking its related to the right speaker not working.. that i cant hear the full sound.

if i had known it was a bootleg too, i wouldnt of bothered, i hate all the sped up, fireball in the air rubbish.

what i can hear is, the kinda drum beat, and the symbol noise, but not the other parts of the intro music if you know what i mean? watch that vid there and imaging just the drum and symbol noises, thats what i can hear, then the attract mode fighting a round. Which is why im thinking its related to the right speaker not working.. that i cant hear the full sound.

if i had known it was a bootleg too, i wouldnt of bothered, i hate all the sped up, fireball in the air rubbish.

It might not be a hacked version, and could be just a standard CE bootleg. There's only one hacked version I like, & it has twin fireballs intertwining when you perform the move, & the dragon punch goes more horizontal than vertical...pretty cool but the balance of the game is destroyed.

The standard Jamma pinout is only mono, so I'm not entirely sure if its a speaker problem unless the speaker is blown & can't emit certain frequencies? Anyway you can eliminate that easily as you said...

• Advertisement

I remember that SF, they had it over in the arcade around the corner from us.. while it was there.

Ill replace the speaker and will know by tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To quote Futurama "My head says I'm not sure but my gut says Maybe!"
    Returned Witcher2 and got Mario Tennis Open instead for the extra tenner.
    Never could make up my mind!
    Also, Kuon for the PS2 was awaiting me at work this morning, thanks Sera!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Dr Bob wrote: »
    th_IMG_20120629_154811-1.jpg
    charity shop ps2 stuff.I'd been looking for "Agent..." as ..cough...witha little messing around and some tinkering you can persuade the PS2 to do things it wouldn't normally...;)

W7s3D.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

waveform wrote: »
    W7s3D.jpg
    heh yeah , not sure its something I can talk about here but it worked quite well , I dont think you need that particular disk anymore , but its the easiest way I found..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got Elite Beat Agents for €5 brand new, can't believe I hadn't bought it before.
    Also got Dragonball Z Attack of the Saiyans, seems to be a DBZ RPG, can't wait to give it a bash later.

Master of the Universe

Just picked up a Mr Driller 2 PCB from a guy over on AO. Comes with original artwork too.

mrdriller2.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bargain mate, very nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How much was the Mr Driller 2 pcb? It's a lovely purchase, well done!

Master of the Universe

It was only 50 euro! Postage brought it up by another 12. Couldn't pass it up at that price, the board looks to be in lovely condition too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Great game for a great price :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just ordered Pokemon white 2.

WHY WON'T IT ARRIVE ALREADY?!?!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres my latest find.

Worth selling???

Gameboy colour with 7 games.

7 gameboy advance games and a Master System 2 with Sonic 2 and one controller and all leads all for the pricey sum of €12.00 at a local market :D:D

All working 100% but the GBC is missing the battery cover.

Anyone put a value on the lot for me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pity the games weren't boxed but a great lot all the same. Why did people keep the manual and throw away the boxes?
    My mother throw away all my Snes boxes and kept only the games. Secret of mana, zelda, marioworld, etc. had to buy all the games again. Can't even find my megaman gameboy games.

Damned mothers!!!

Wives are almost as bad, although, to my knowledge, she who must be obeyed has yet to throw anything of mine out..... there have been threats of incinerating the lot on the driveway... also threats of selling the lot, and she won't even let the vultures here know she's doing it so no luck for you there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm glad to say my other half has never threatened me like that, or maybe she dI'd but I was too engrossed in finishing off M Bison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Was anyone here doing snipe battles with me on that bunch of Jap Saturn and DC games on ebay just now?
    Twas a fierce battle and we each got about 50 percent I think :)

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damned mothers!!!

Wives are almost as bad, although, to my knowledge, she who must be obeyed has yet to throw anything of mine out..... there have been threats of incinerating the lot on the driveway... also threats of selling the lot, and she won't even let the vultures here know she's doing it so no luck for you there!
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm glad to say my other half has never threatened me like that, or maybe she dI'd but I was too engrossed in finishing off M Bison.

Last week my girlfriend told me my arcade cab looked really well in the sitting room.

Just wanted to tell you guys that. Not too sure why, I just thought it was apt :pac:

I just won Steel Dragon Ex for the PS2, should've held out for the jap edition but we'll see how we get on with this edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Grabbed the below earlier tonight on eBay JP. All in very good or mint condition.
    Total for everything was 80 Euro and I'm still chatting to the seller about postage from Japan but it should come to about 35 Euro.

Some stinkers in there and some decent stuff as well to add to the collection as I'm really getting into the Saturn collecting these days.
    DARIUS GAIDEN SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    D2 DREAMCAST SEGA JAPAN
    STRIKERS 1945 SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    STREET FIGHTER ZERO SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    TERRA PHANTASTICA SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    SHINING THE HOLY ARK SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    STRAHL SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97 SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    GEGEGENO KITAROU SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    GOTA SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    LANGRISSER 4 SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    SHINING FORCE 3 VOL.1 SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    DAYTONA USA SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    SHIN KAITEI GUNKAN SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    PANZER DRAGOON SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    MAKEN X DREAMCAST SEGA JAPAN
    SPACE INVADERS SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    STREET FIGHTER REAL BATTLE ON FILM SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    ANEARTH FANTASY STORY SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    SATURN BOMBERMAN SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    PANZER DRAGOON ZWEI SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    SONIC 3D SEGA SATURN JAPAN
    LANGRISSER 3 SEGA SATURN JAPAN

Also got "Rescue on Fractalus!" for the C64 and a few CD32 games that include "Jetstrike CD32" which I've been looking for a mint copy for ages.

That's me done for the night, few bargains and a few normal priced items, I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

This came this morning, a NOS (New Old Stock) copy of Star Trek for the Vectrex:

qP2wY.jpg

KcGM3.jpg

9APBp.jpg

And the RGB Scart cable came for the SFC also. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement