Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Just got the silent hill collection on xbox 360 for..... 1 cent. :)

Got Golden Sun-Dark dawn for the DS too. Keeping that though, big fan of those games. :)

Got some others listed in the marketplace to trade for Castlevania LOS if anyone managed to get one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not much from me, I got Again for the DS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Just got the silent hill collection on xbox 360 for..... 1 cent. :)

Got Golden Sun-Dark dawn for the DS too. Keeping that though, big fan of those games. :)

Got some others listed in the marketplace to trade for Castlevania LOS if anyone managed to get one!

I can get a few ps3 one, none are sealed at my local thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Picked up a few bits in Tesco this evening, nothing super cheap €20 all in.

mJyWz25.jpg

I know reviews were all over the place but Vanquish was one of my top games of 2010, sure it's short but made for scoring, actually kinda reminds me on p.n.03 now that I think of it, loved that one too, must dig it out and give it a go again.

• Advertisement

Flaregon wrote: »
    I can get a few ps3 one, none are sealed at my local thought.

Cheers sir, looking for Xbox 360 only though please. :)

Saw a few copies of Vanquish LE in Tesco last night. How they haven't been snapped up yet is just unfathomable. It should be a crime not to own that game!

Ghost Recon for the 3DS is also going cheap. Another really good unappreciated title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DinoRex wrote: »
    Ghost Recon for the 3DS is also going cheap. Another really good unappreciated title.

Plenty of copies of that left in Dundrum.

Nothing else of interest there really... I reckon it has all been pilfered by Avatan already. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I popped into Tesco over the weekend and in among the shovelware I manged to pull out 1 good title:
    Disney's A Christmas Carol for €3 on DS... a winner is me?

Enslaved is going for just €5 too. I really liked that game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I would have picked that up only it was the PS3 version and I'm too lazy to take mine back out of storage. :D

my copy of last story came today, Naydy is the best xD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I know reviews were all over the place but Vanquish was one of my top games of 2010, sure it's short but made for scoring, actually kinda reminds me on p.n.03 now that I think of it, loved that one too, must dig it out and give it a go again.

Wasnt Vanquish meant to be a spiritual successor to P.N.03?
    Got it for €5 on PSN at the start of the year, havent gotten round to it yet myself.

There is the re-released version on PSN (maybe XBL too) https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west-premium-edition/cid=EP0700-NPEB01854_00-ENSLAVEDDIGITAL1 at the time I got it on sale for €10. Really like it! Must play it again.

Is Tesco on Parnel St and Jervis doing all these games deals too? Or is it flushed out there now?

Wasnt Vanquish meant to be a spiritual successor to P.N.03?
    Got it for €5 on PSN at the start of the year, havent gotten round to it yet myself.

There is the re-released version on PSN (maybe XBL too) https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west-premium-edition/cid=EP0700-NPEB01854_00-ENSLAVEDDIGITAL1 at the time I got it on sale for €10. Really like it! Must play it again.

Is Tesco on Parnel St and Jervis doing all these games deals too? Or is it flushed out there now?

looked last week and they were flushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Flaregon wrote: »
    looked last week and they were flushed.

:( Oh well, I have way to much to get through anyway lol

Playing Singularity at the moment, I like it, but damn it has a lot of pockets of HARD from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,181 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finally managed to get a Sega Trio! I've been trying for months but every time I go to the website they're sold out.

I got the M2UK - (So a UK one for the Megadrive 2/Mega CD 2/32X)

Came to a little over €30 posted. Not the cheapest thing in the world, but worth it to finally once and for all get rid of the horror that is three Sega PSUs for one unit.

Here's the order page if anyone fancies one, looks like they haven't sold out yet.

Make sure you order the right one (they have different types for different sega system combos)

http://retrogamecave.com/#/shop/4577155950/

/Edit - looks like the one I bought is sold out already. :eek: just got in on time.

:( Oh well, I have way to much to get through anyway lol

Playing Singularity at the moment, I like it, but damn it has a lot of pockets of HARD from the start.

Trying clondalkin and that, I'll report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Finally managed to get a Sega Trio! I've been trying for months but every time I go to the website they're sold out.

I got the M2UK - (So a UK one for the Megadrive 2/Mega CD 2/32X)

Came to a little over €30 posted. Not the cheapest thing in the world, but worth it to finally once and for all get rid of the horror that is three Sega PSUs for one unit.

Here's the order page if anyone fancies one, looks like they haven't sold out yet.

Make sure you order the right one (they have different types for different sega system combos)

http://retrogamecave.com/#/shop/4577155950/

/Edit - looks like the one I bought is sold out already. :eek: just got in on time.

The UK version is just the normal version with an adapter.

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    The UK version is just the normal version with an adapter.

Hahaha, seriously? That's hilarious.

Oh well, as long as it works :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, I saw FFXIII and it's sequel, as well as Soul Calibur 4 and 5 for a fiver each over the fortnight and passed on them :(
    Still, I wonder if the HMV/Xtravision shops have ME3 for the tenner as well?

Xtravision near me still has them for a tenner - Mass Effect that is, woudl you like for me to pick up a copy?
    Whats the deal with 3DS, were they on sale too?

Yeah they were, as mozie said someone got one for a tenner and they also were showing up online for 30. Wouldn't have minded one as I'm wrecking my Zelda one form playing it. The coating on the dpad came off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Yesterday's PS1 get:

PM6wCzJ.jpg

Total Drivin' is one of my favourite early PS1 racers because it's just so much damn fun!
    There is 6 great locations x 6 tracks each, and 6 different vehicle types from buggy's to indy cars, definitely worth picking up and just listen to that soundtrack:

Jet rider is an anti-gravity water ski type game which I haven't played before, but it looks fun, it's no Wipeout though.

Can't wait to play the 2 Psygnosis titles, really admiring the futuristic titles they brought out in the 90's lately.

As for Ridge Racer 4, it was the most stunning title they brought out on the system, and it also includes a 50/60 fps "hi spec demo" of the original Ridge Racer on a separate disc which is nice. Not sure if I'll buy Rage Racer, it seems to be the favourite of a lot of people on here.

Today's PS1 package:

3OQGywv.jpg

2 moar Psygnosis titles, I have the other 2 Wipeout games on the way also.

I never beat GTA 2 and for some reason I can see myself enjoying it more on a console than on a PC so will try and finish it.

What's that strange looking one you ask?

It's the HELP compilation Playstation done to raise money for charity and includes 3 classics on separate discs:
    Road Rash, Broken Sword, and Myst.

Consider it like a Mega Games 2 for Playstation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Total Driving was part of a great non mainstream racing niche that the PS and, to a lesser extent, the PS2 had.
    It's a very nice little game and an interesting aside from the ultra polished fare from EA and Sony.
    You should also invest in Motorhead, a 60fps futuristic racer, and Vanishing Point, average racing but a fantastic stunt mode.
    I have Jet Rider and the sequel but I never liked them, they fare poorly in comparison to the AG racing thrills of Wipeout 2097 and the Jetski awesomeness that is Waverace 64 on the N64.
    And, apologies, but I thought RRtype4 was the poorest of the Ridge Racer games on the PS, I thought Rage Racer was the best of the bunch, if not in the top 5 on the system.

Total Driving was part of a great non mainstream racing niche that the PS and, to a lesser extent, the PS2 had.
    It's a very nice little game and an interesting aside from the ultra polished fare from EA and Sony.
    You should also invest in Motorhead, a 60fps futuristic racer, and Vanishing Point, average racing but a fantastic stunt mode.
    I have Jet Rider and the sequel but I never liked them, they fare poorly in comparison to the AG racing thrills of Wipeout 2097 and the Jetski awesomeness that is Waverace 64 on the N64.
    And, apologies, but I thought RRtype4 was the poorest of the Ridge Racer games on the PS, I thought Rage Racer was the best of the bunch, if not in the top 5 on the system.

I remember playing motorhead for a while on the PC but found it quite limited or something! Never took to it.

I have Jet Rider 2 on the way as well, gotta catch 'em all!

As for RRType 4, i went for the graphics and the fact it has over 300 cars!
    I remember enjoying playing it with my cousin a few years back, might have to add Rage Racer to the basket and see how it compares.

I reckon Rage Racer has a higher FPS?

In fairness though Namco really put the ps1 to it's limit to make Type 4 look so damn good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, the frame rates are both around the 30 mark, and while RR4 has the polished cool theme to it Rage Racer is more for the petrol head, with the tracks all diverging from each other, it really is a cracking title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Gaming related get, took some doing but I managed to get my hands on a Blood Dragon vinyl. Only 1000 ever made, Think is was £24 + few pounds to ship.

20140429_201820-1_zps1g4afakv.jpg

They are already selling on ebay for £50 which is really crappy

Waveform,
    When you play Ace Combat, be sure to crank the difficulty up from it's normal setting.
    It is far far better, with better mission content.
    I played it and finished it, it being one of the original titles on the system, and had more fun with it than any game of it's type I can recall.
    The visuals have dated but there was a certain unclutteredness to them.
    Later titles on the PS add a lot of Scifi elements, especially no.3, Electrosphere, though it looks amazing.

That vinyl artwork is just utterly wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    That vinyl artwork is just utterly wonderful.

Picture of the rest here

http://instagram.com/lazersteak

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That's gorgeous! Looks like what would happen if you merged Megadrive box art/presentation along with Daft Punk/Tron.

Love all the Toxic Crusader stuff by the way!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement