Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

haha thanks...love the crusaders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Waveform,
    When you play Ace Combat, be sure to crank the difficulty up from it's normal setting.
    It is far far better, with better mission content.
    I played it and finished it, it being one of the original titles on the system, and had more fun with it than any game of it's type I can recall.
    The visuals have dated but there was a certain unclutteredness to them.
    Later titles on the PS add a lot of Scifi elements, especially no.3, Electrosphere, though it looks amazing.

Will do for sure! Electrosphere is on the way also. :o

The 2nd one seems to go for Steve SI money btw! ;)

Man, those Steve SI jokes will never get old. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Gaming related get, took some doing but I managed to get my hands on a Blood Dragon vinyl. Only 1000 ever made, Think is was £24 + few pounds to ship.

20140429_201820-1_zps1g4afakv.jpg

They are already selling on ebay for £50 which is really crappy

SWEET JESUS I am beyond jealous :eek:. One of the best things I've seen in this thread :pac: I knew it was being released but it completely slippedd my mind with tests and exams and such, hopefully they will do another print although the pink is probably all kinds of awesome.

Now a Hotline Miami Vinyl, that, that would probably break me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Danonino. wrote: »
    SWEET JESUS I am beyond jealous :eek:. One of the best things I've seen in this thread :pac: I knew it was being released but it completely slippedd my mind with tests and exams and such, hopefully they will do another print although the pink is probably all kinds of awesome.

Now a Hotline Miami Vinyl, that, that would probably break me.

Ah I had to call in some favours to get this. None of the record store days shops I could get to were able to get it. The pictures don't do the pink justice, its really vibrant!

A hotline Miami LP would be amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In probably my last purchase from the great Tesco game rush of April '14, I bought Final Fantasy XIII, 360, for €5.
    A game I have absolutely no hope whatsoever of getting around to playing.
    But, hey!
    It was there, so was I, the fiver jumped out of the wallet and the rest is history.
    Interestingly though, Soul Calibur 4 also did some jumping, up to €10 from the fiver it was on Monday, and there was relatively little there to be had in terms of decent games.
    Roll on the next sell off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The Soul Calibur 4 that I purchased in the great Tesco rush doesn't boot past the intro screen for me, can you check your copy to see if yours is the same?

Not even MS could tell me why it was happening. 360 complains about the disc being dirty which is definitely not the case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I didn't buy it at the time, was going to buy the two I'm missing 4 and 5, as I have the rest on the PS, DC and PS2, but I decided I'd never play them and didn't.
    Didn't stop me buying fecking FFXIII though, might as well use it as a coaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,181 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A game I have absolutely no hope whatsoever of getting around to playing.
    But, hey!

Just to be sure, take the following steps.
    • Remove the game from it's packaging
    • Remove the game disc from it's box
    • examine the data surface
    • Take a big knife
    • Scratch it across said data surface
    • Ensure the scrach is as deep as you can possibly go
    • Place disc back into box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MrVestek wrote: »
    The Soul Calibur 4 that I purchased in the great Tesco rush doesn't boot past the intro screen for me, can you check your copy to see if yours is the same?

Not even MS could tell me why it was happening. 360 complains about the disc being dirty which is definitely not the case.

See if it'll let you install to the HD and see if that works?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Didn't stop me buying fecking FFXIII though, might as well use it as a coaster!

That's too useful a fate for such a worthless game!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's too useful a fate for such a worthless game!

It has some worth... if the soundtrack wasn't available seperately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Roll on the next sell off!

last time load of the games got reduced to €1, so might not be finished yet.

We are like Le Mans drivers, standing by our modes of transport, awaiting the signal to start, then off we go, to stand before the stand know store, debating if €2 is the right price point to pull the trigger on Alan Carr stop smoking for the DS.

See if it'll let you install to the HD and see if that works?

That doesn't work either. Same thing happens with both of my copies of Sonic Generations. Seems to be games that were produced in 2010 / 2011 that this box has difficulties with.

I dunno...

Master of the Universe

Have you ever had a week where for some reason, without any planning, you end up buying loads of stuff? :eek:

Sega Trio
    CIB Shenmue
    Tales of Eternia
    3DO console today
    Sony PVM Later in the week
    ...and just saw a 16GB Moto G phone over in Bargain alerts that I couldn't resist

Tins of beans for the rest of the month!

Welcome to the 3DO party!
    Star Control 2 ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

The joy of community spirit. Thanks mozie81! :)

zevqI0c.jpg

Master of the Universe

Welcome to the 3DO party!
    Star Control 2 ftw!

I've never actually played one before!

Is it true what I've been reading about the Zelda games for it being kind of okay?

I kid, I kid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ah I had to call in some favours to get this. None of the record store days shops I could get to were able to get it. The pictures don't do the pink justice, its really vibrant!

A hotline Miami LP would be amazing.

I went and bought a copy :D I had to. Found a copy sealed and posted for €50 and I know I'd be kicking myself if I didn't pull the trigger.... I don't have a vinyl collection. This could get dangerous, looking at kavinsky and Fred falke vinyls now and very expensive punk recirds ....

What have I started lol

Danonino. wrote: »
    I went and bought a copy :D I had to. Found a copy sealed and posted for €50 and I know I'd be kicking myself if I didn't pull the trigger.... I don't have a vinyl collection. This could get dangerous, looking at kavinsky and Fred falke vinyls now and very expensive punk recirds ....

What have I started lol

Don't forget these:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Dreamcast-Collection/release/2778838

http://www.discogs.com/Various-SEGA-Mega-Drive-Ultimate-Collection/release/1720429

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've never actually played one before!

Is it true what I've been reading about the Zelda games for it being kind of okay?

I kid, I kid :D

You'll want Hotel Mario then too... or was that on the CDI? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The last scrapings of stuff from tesco. PS3 and 360 games were a fiver each and the DS game was €3

71C5D981-0DC9-46FE-BAA5-715DCC60A849_zpsv5fwueio.jpg

Picked these up today. Got NASCAR because it's an NTSC copy and always happy to pick up American games when I see them and I'd been after choroq for a while.

97D11314-528C-487C-A8B9-F5A9A7003A81_zpsgiic0nv2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Tesoc Ennis had new stuff again today! I want it to stop, I'm sick of checking every few days.
    Picked up Smash Bros Wii for 5 euro, Animal Crossing on Wii for 10 euro and another Metroid Trilogy not sealed and missing the outer sleeve for 5.
    If anyone wants to do a swap for that let me know.

There was also a heap of new PS3 nad XB360 stuff out and two copies of Mario 3D on the 3ds.

Clare is brilliant I must be the only one who plays Nintendo stuff in the county.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Picked up Smash Bros Wii for 5 euro. Mario 3D on the 3ds.

Any chance you could nab me both of those sir? Happy to pay cash or swap for anything in my Tesco ad? :)

Damn you Tesco, with your flirtatious ways, enticing me back to the games aisle with your clearance deals, corrupting me...
    Yup
    Went back again,
    This time to Balbriggan.
    That toilet of towns.
    And there I bought
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Soul Calibur 4
    And
    Soul Calibur V
    All for a fiver each.
    And no more I say!
    NO MORE DAMN YOU, YOU FOUL TEMPTRESS!

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Any chance you could nab me both of those sir? Happy to pay cash or swap for anything in my Tesco ad? :)

I got smash bros for myself and there is one left but it isn't sealed.
    I can get you a Mario 3DS tomorrow and the Smash bros if you want.

I got Super Smash Bros Brawl for a fiver in Gamestop last month.
    Some Pos glitch.
    And that was for a new copy too, the preowned edition was more expensive.

Anyone know if Etrian Odyssey is any good?
    I see the next title in the series is out soon, and has had glowing reviews.

I got Super Smash Bros Brawl for a fiver in Gamestop last month.
    Some Pos glitch.
    And that was for a new copy too, the preowned edition was more expensive.

Yeah but that was the crappy classic reprint and it wasn't new, it was gutted by Gamestop and the probably didn't give you your penny back either. This one is better :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For a niche Japanese dungeon crawler, it is indeed meant to hit the spot, albeit clearly not for everyone (and definitively for retr0). I have the fourth one to try one of these days / months / years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Yes, yes it is, but am I right in saying you have Persona 4 Golden lying around in your unplayed/unfinished pile? EO games are a dead-cert for that pile if P4G can't get out of it I'm afraid!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement