Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    ...snip....Gamestop and the probably didn't give you your penny back either... Snip...

Oh har dee har har

*unless coincidence... Then please carry on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They don't even offer me insurance on my disks any more.
    Must be my jaded expression at the till.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Do Tesco Clarehall have anything fun left?

Le Cidre: In Tesco Ball-brigade, did you not spot the sealed copy of Psyvariar there for the PS2? Should have nabbed yourself a cheeky sealed LE of Vanquish too. Such a good game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I got smash bros for myself and there is one left but it isn't sealed.
    I can get you a Mario 3DS tomorrow and the Smash bros if you want.

I wouldn't mind a Mario 3DS if they happen to have one, is it Super Mario 3D World?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Myrddin wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a Mario 3DS if they happen to have one, is it Super Mario 3D World?

Judging by the amount of copies I saw in CEX today I'd say so :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Judging by the amount of copies I saw in CEX today I'd say so :P

Cool, yeah I'd def be on the lookout for that if anyone spots one :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I edited my thread to maybe start a Tesco swap shop so we can all help each other out? I can cover Tesco Clarehall, Balbriggan, Rush and maybe a couple in town.

Community spirit and all that good stuff. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90146502

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Do Tesco Clarehall have anything fun left?

Le Cidre: In Tesco Ball-brigade, did you not spot the sealed copy of Psyvariar there for the PS2? Should have nabbed yourself a cheeky sealed LE of Vanquish too. Such a good game. :)
    I have the two already.
    Vanquish is impressive and some day I'll get to it... Some day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Today's pickups.

DSC_0548_zpsd3a2922a.jpg

Steve_SI, I don't know how you have room for so many of these, the feckin box is huge!

DSC_0549_zps8c0410ae.jpg

Resting place for now, below the stack of Playstation.

DSC_0550_zps4903fd84.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Whats the lovely blue yoke sticking out of the bottom of your PS2 actually?

Never had one of those.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

It's a completely unnecessary stand that Sony released for the PS2.

Not sure where I picked it up, but it was definitely years after it was released. Quite fond of how it looks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Two mags for my flight home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up a copy of Izauma Eleven in Game while in the UK. Also got an empty letter from Capcom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sera wrote: »
    Picked up a copy of Izauma Eleven in Game while in the UK. Also got an empty letter from Capcom.

Saw that on Facebook. Very bizarre altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

eddhorse wrote: »
    Two mags for my flight home.

Is that Ciderman crouched in the bottom left?

25 year old Arcade epic?
    Nope, a 25 year old pile of sh1te.
    Well, at least I won't have to decide to buy it or not.
    And the cover is too shiny for use on a nail in the jacks.

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    25 year old Arcade epic?

Is that why you hate it so much? Because they used your image without your consent?

All makes sense now :D

25 year old Arcade epic?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is that why you hate it so much? Because they used your image without your consent?

All makes sense now :D

I hate it because it sucks like nothing has ever sacked before, except maybe Streets of Rage, which also sucked.
    And don't get me started about the wee fella in Golden Axe with his brown sack

I hate it because it sucks like nothing has ever sacked before, except maybe Streets of Rage, which also sucked.
    And don't get me started about the wee fella in Golden Axe with his brown sack

Streets of Rage sucks? Golden Axe sucks?

Dude you need to hand in your Retro Card, your Mod card then please kindly leave the boards and don't come back.

Thanks. :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

MrVestek wrote: »
    Streets of Rage sucks? Golden Axe sucks?

Dude you need to hand in your Retro Card, your Mod card then please kindly leave the boards and don't come back.

Thanks. :D

Ever feel like you're prodding a sleeping dragon with a stick? :pac:

He'll be saying that Metal Slug is awful next... we'll see how you react then!

Hey, I'm on duty, and awake... Mostly....

But the Banhammer.... She grows thirsty....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I quite like scrolling beat-em-ups, including the Streets of Rage series, but I think Golden Axe (at least the MD version) is a big pile of pants too. Always was, always will be.

Master of the Universe

Golden Axe is a fairly mediocre game. I wouldn't go so far as to call it pants, as there are some nice things going on. The music for one, is excellent.

I love scrolling beat em ups and there are most definitely far better examples in the genre. Such as all those lovely capcom CPS1 & CPS2 games.

Streets of Rage 1 is fairly dated at this stage. Again, the music is great, but the sprite animation is pretty limited. It can still be a fun game in 2 player.

I still hold fast though that Streets of Rage 2 is one of the best games the Megadrive has to offer. The sprites are a marvel and each character has a good move set. It's absolutely fantastic. Blows away any side scrollers the Snes has to offer (cough Batman Returns cough) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

On a scale that includes Altered Beast, I suppose it wouldn't be 'pants', but I've never enjoyed it at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played Dragons Crown recently. For around an hour or two I enjoyed it quite a bit. The next two or three hours reminded me why scrolling beat em ups can be such a thankless, repetitive, awkward and quite boring genre :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Golden Axe is a fairly mediocre game. I wouldn't go so far as to call it pants, as there are some nice things going on. The music for one, is excellent.

I love scrolling beat em ups and there are most definitely far better examples in the genre. Such as all those lovely capcom CPS1 & CPS2 games.

Streets of Rage 1 is fairly dated at this stage. Again, the music is great, but the sprite animation is pretty limited. It can still be a fun game in 2 player.

I still hold fast though that Streets of Rage 2 is one of the best games the Megadrive has to offer. The sprites are a marvel and each character has a good move set. It's absolutely fantastic. Blows away any side scrollers the Snes has to offer (cough Batman Returns cough) :D

Castlevaina new Gen is better then streets of rage. Great game thought.

Master of the Universe

I played Dragons Crown recently. For around an hour or two I enjoyed it quite a bit. The next two or three hours reminded me why scrolling beat em ups can be such a thankless, repetitive, awkward and quite boring genre :(

If you're playing a scrolling beat em up for three hours you're doing it wrong.

If you're playing one on your own you're doing it wrong.

The genre is best enjoyed in a 1 hour or so stint with a mate in front of an arcade machine. It's an absolute blast if you get a good one.

Anything which falls outside that parameters tends not to work. The lonelier and longer the session, the more doomed it is to failure :D
    Flaregon wrote: »
    Castlevaina new Gen is better then streets of rage. Great game thought.

Well I did say 'one of' ;) , it's not the console's best game. SOR 2 is definitely it's best beat em up though.

Oh and make sure you're playing 'Castlevania Bloodlines' and not 'The New Gen', same game, but the PAL version is censored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I absolutely loved Dragons Crown, great craic playing it with Retro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement