Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

Sera wrote: »
    I absolutely loved Dragons Crown, great craic playing it with Retro

Yea really enjoyed it too, great with a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you're playing a scrolling beat em up for three hours you're doing it wrong.

If you're playing one on your own you're doing it wrong.

The genre is best enjoyed in a 1 hour or so stint with a mate in front of an arcade machine. It's an absolute blast if you get a good one.

Anything which falls outside that parameters tends not to work. The lonelier and longer the session, the more doomed it is to failure :D

Well I did say 'one of' ;) , it's not the console's best game. SOR 2 is definitely it's best beat em up though.

Oh and make sure you're playing 'Castlevania Bloodlines' and not 'The New Gen', same game, but the PAL version is censored.

Well if you're going to disparage it like that, I think I'm well within my rights to look for it back. Free of charge of course and send along that 3DO as well my good man.

by the way guys, if you're in a Tesco ask if they have any 3DS systems. I got the Mario ice white pack today for 30.

Yea really enjoyed it too, great with a friend.

how would you know :pac:
    I kid, I jest. PM me your address by the way, so I can post that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Well if you're going to disparage it like that, I think I'm well within my rights to look for it back. Free of charge of course and send along that 3DO as well my good man.

Heh, I just can't abide ugly NTSC US Megadrive games in my collection! :(

'The New Generation' box are is just too nice to pass up...
    by the way guys, if you're in a Tesco ask if they have any 3DS systems. I got the Mario ice white pack today for 30.

:eek:

At this stage you should have enough stock to open a shop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ghostchant wrote: »
    On a scale that includes Altered Beast, I suppose it wouldn't be 'pants', but I've never enjoyed it at all.

Altered Beast, on the Megadrive, about as much fun as an anal fissure. Or that thing from another world Retr0 had growing in his armpit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Never owned a 3ds so
    like just give me 1 rofl.

Now to find a 3ds at a tesco lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Altered Beast, on the Megadrive, about as much fun as an anal fissure. Or that thing from another world Retr0 had growing in his armpit.

I don't get Altered Beast either. Golden axe actually seems decent when you compare it to that pile of piss!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Heh, I just can't abide ugly NTSC US Megadrive games in my collection! :(

'The New Generation' box are is just too nice to pass up...

:eek:

At this stage you should have enough stock to open a shop.

You must be getting me confused with Steve. I have 3 - Mario, nipples pikachu and a Zelda one. I will sell the Zelda one probably and use the Mario one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You must be getting me confused with Steve. I have 3 - Mario, nipples pikachu and a Zelda one. I will sell the Zelda one probably and use the Mario one.

I love how that guy's appearance perfectly matches Steve's avatar too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The "Three PS3s" one makes me think that it's a remake of The Machinist, starring Gordon Freeman.

Well, going to buy Dragons Crown, €23 is a good price I think.
    I'll be over in Clonsilla on Sunday and it's a short trip to Walkinstown to collect.

Well, going to buy Dragons Crown, €23 is a good price I think.
    I'll be over in Clonsilla on Sunday and it's a short trip to Walkinstown to collect.

Just missed it lol.

Sorry about that man.
    If it turns out that I don't like it you can have it at the asking from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

quick question lads, would it bothe ye moving your c64 over to accomodate this yoke?

IMG_20140503_152926_zpsoi89124q.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Sorry about that man.
    If it turns out that I don't like it you can have it at the asking from me.

Did you get the book with it?

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Did you get the book with it?

Nope, actually while he offered it he also admitted he was quite reluctant to sell it.
    And Hentai in the house is probably not a good idea anyway.
    I'm collecting it tomorrow, and will try to be reintroduced to side scrolling brawlers afterwards.

Fair dos. The book isn't rude per se. Just..... 'fleshy'. ;)

Got this last night. Cooking up some muzak.

XYzOCue.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up Art Academy on 3DS, Contact for NDS finally and another copy of No More Heroes! Derp! I guess I'll put up a trade post but probably something everyone has.

Edit: Score! AA has the club Nintendo points!

Master of the Universe

Thanks again Kerb for making my PVM dream a reality!

The picture from this thing is jaw dropping. The colours are so bright and vivid I just couldn't photograph them properly. I can only imagine what the BVM's picture must look like! :eek:

DSC_0579_zpscb903efc.jpg

It absolutely dwarfs the 1084s!

DSC_0583_zps6ba3844c.jpg

• Advertisement

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Fair dos. The book isn't rude per se. Just..... 'fleshy'. ;)

Got this last night. Cooking up some muzak.

XYzOCue.jpg

Nice one!

This is my baby:

yamaha-rs7000-167592.jpg

I also bought this mug a week or 2 ago also, forgot to post it up here:

$_12.JPG

I feckin' love the TR-707 hihats!

Back to games, here's today's get:

bmIlaLW.jpg

Can't friggin wait to play Lifeforce Tenka, i loved the demo of it, and the atmosphere cyber / techno soundtrck is awesome!

Was in 2 minds about rapid racer, but the high framerate and colourful graphics seduced me! I haven't played it since the demo years back.

After watching a lot of awful Bike racing gameplays for the PS1, Moto Racer looked the best of the lot so I bought it.
    Moto Racer 2 didn't look as great, but pulled the trigger anyway. Gotta catch 'em all!

10277137_10201024111764076_8940458559093569687_n.jpg
    10169256_10201024112084084_8513443398055568310_n.jpg
    10176109_10201024112244088_3747965512872326186_n.jpg
    heres my carboot finds for today.

Metal Arms is a great game. Nice purchase.

I first played Metal Arms on the Xbox and was shocked at just how good it was, back in the day.
    I kept at it until it was finished, which is odd for me!
    I bought it later on the PS2 but it didn't quite feel the same.... not sure why.
    Some lovely things in there though, like remote controlling other robots and the like, tons to love about it.

I like Metal Arms so much I have it for both the PS2 and Xbox. :o

I think the game is censored? I forget which one of the two I have appears to be cut. The tell is in the voiceovers. I am almost certain there is some bad language in one version that is not in the other?

Incoming!

Actually couldn't believe I didn't own this, and me a Need for Speed fan.
    Essentially this is the game that was updated to The Need for Speed on the 3DO and so the franchise was born.
    And if you recognise the type of game the developer was aiming at with this and the 3DO/PS/PC/Sat title you'll see why the later PS2 games were simply a different series with the NfS name stuck on the front, only Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 is still within the same thematic universe, post that it's all drift/F&F culture nonsense and with no place in the Need for Speed canon, if such a thing exists outside of my head

I have a few NFS ps1 titles on the way, hopefully will have them on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I thought Shift was decentish, still miles away from the thematic universe as you put it.

Master of the Universe

I'm trying to fine tune my AV setup and one thing which I had a look into during the week was scart switchers.

The one I was using was from Maplin, but it really wasn't the best. The ports weren't isolated from each other, so sometimes you'd get some voltage leaking through from one console to another (you may have seen this before, the LED will light up on a console that's powered off :eek:) - not good from what I've read. To top it off, it wasn't cheap either!

Managed to find this great review of different types

http://www.videogameperfection.com/av-gear/scart-switch-roundup/

(The one I've been using is called 'SCART Switch Manual Push Button 5 Way (also similar models with 3 or 4 inputs and/or phono/BNC connectors)

It looked like the best ones on the list were the Silverscreen Trilogy 1 and the Thor AV Control Centre.

The Thor one looks fantastic as it has 6 RGB inputs. Unfortunately the one on ebay are only an updated version (with 3 RGB inputs and 3 HDMI)

I did just manage to find a Silverscreen Trilogy 2. Nabbed it for just over a tenner :)

The finish on the front of it doesn't look the best (very late 90s silver!) but apparently they're really good.

Fill isolation between signals so no leaky voltage, no interference at all. Unfortunately only 3 scart inputs, but it's a start :D

p54a.jpg

• Advertisement

If you buy Need for Speed 2 for the PS for globs sake don't play it, it's absolute garbage and a disappointment on the scale of F1'98 also on the PS.
    Just go from the first one, Road and Track presents Need for Speed to the excellent Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed: Road Challenge, they are both beautiful games, if playing the latter be sure to switch on local police, that way, depending on the country your track happens to be in you'll get the appropriate language from the cop radio chatter, to go along with the local police car livery, it's all quite brilliant and sadly never repeated in the franchise.

As you many have noticed, I'm a bit of a Need for Speed nut, it comes from playing it endlessly for over a year on the 3DO!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement