Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you buy Need for Speed 2 for the PS for globs sake don't play it, it's absolute garbage and a disappointment on the scale of F1'98 also on the PS.
    Just go from the first one, Road and Track presents Need for Speed to the excellent Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed: Road Challenge, they are both beautiful games, if playing the latter be sure to switch on local police, that way, depending on the country your track happens to be in you'll get the appropriate language from the cop radio chatter, to go along with the local police car livery, it's all quite brilliant and sadly never repeated in the franchise.

As you many have noticed, I'm a bit of a Need for Speed nut, it comes from playing it endlessly for over a year on the 3DO!

Funny you mention the 2nd one. :p

I wasn't going to buy it as it looked poor on YouTube, but I threw a bid of £1 down on it and won! :p

I was already buying Road Challenge and the first one from the same seller along with other games so thought it might be worth a quid!

I might buy 3 and Porsche 2000 to complete the set.

Even though the PC version of Porsche 2000 is much better I still love the PS1 game.its a decent game considering the limitations if the hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm trying to fine tune my AV setup and one thing which I had a look into during the week was scart switchers.

The one I was using was from Maplin, but it really wasn't the best. The ports weren't isolated from each other, so sometimes you'd get some voltage leaking through from one console to another (you may have seen this before, the LED will light up on a console that's powered off :eek:) - not good from what I've read. To top it off, it wasn't cheap either!

Managed to find this great review of different types

http://www.videogameperfection.com/av-gear/scart-switch-roundup/

(The one I've been using is called 'SCART Switch Manual Push Button 5 Way (also similar models with 3 or 4 inputs and/or phono/BNC connectors)

It looked like the best ones on the list were the Silverscreen Trilogy 1 and the Thor AV Control Centre.

The Thor one looks fantastic as it has 6 RGB inputs. Unfortunately the one on ebay are only an updated version (with 3 RGB inputs and 3 HDMI)

I did just manage to find a Silverscreen Trilogy 2. Nabbed it for just over a tenner :)

The finish on the front of it doesn't look the best (very late 90s silver!) but apparently they're really good.

Fill isolation between signals so no leaky voltage, no interference at all. Unfortunately only 3 scart inputs, but it's a start :D

p54a.jpg

I find these ones from Amazon quite good.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0015YYN2Q/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51-rmHiUoSL.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'must find a decent automatic RGB capable set of switcher boxes that can be set up to take all my consoles.
    I have a manual setup now but it's all a tad clunky, but it does work at least.

I couldn't get over to collect Dragons Crown today so it's going in the post come Tuesday instead, so no anatomically incorrect female Warriors for me until Thursday I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Blood Dragon Vinyl arrived :D just need to collect it of a friend... Then the difficult decision on wether to open that shiney seal or not O_o

I'm thinking open it and sitback and soak it in with a beer or two... That or keep it all shiney. Oh man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Danonino. wrote: »
    Blood Dragon Vinyl arrived :D just need to collect it of a friend... Then the difficult decision on wether to open that shiney seal or not O_o

I'm thinking open it and sitback and soak it in with a beer or two... That or keep it all shiney. Oh man

Keep it sealed and just buy a lossless download to listen to.
    Better still, record it onto cassette for the true 80's sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd be tempted to open it up just to have a peak at that pink vinyl.

Its the poster and pretty vinyl I want to see... Urrgg I know I won't be able to resist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'must find a decent automatic RGB capable set of switcher boxes that can be set up to take all my consoles.
    I have a manual setup now but it's all a tad clunky, but it does work at least.

The Bandridge unit which I recommended on here an age ago is the way to go. Plug in the cables, hide it away and forget about it. You should be able to daisy-chain them I'd say, get one and we will try :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    The Bandridge unit which I recommended on here an age ago is the way to go. Plug in the cables, hide it away and forget about it. You should be able to daisy-chain them I'd say, get one and we will try :)

I've 3 of them chained. No probs once you label stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Cúpla PS2 games today. Very happy to finally have the PS2 version of okami. €14 for both which was alright.

D0050F10-75AD-4074-810D-B848F61D47EE_zps07bllv7i.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Very happy to finally have the PS2 version of okami.
    It's on my to buy list for ages, jelly.

IMG_20140506_211751.jpg

What do you do with a limited edition vinyl that will by worth money if you keep it sealed??

Grab a beer and a friend and crank it out... Those grooves are there to be heard :D

It was glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You have great taste!

Where'd you pick up yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Collected this awesome 29" Sony from Oisin this evening, my invaders have never looked better :)

Behold the beauty of RF :D

14101991386_eb78f4e19b_b.jpg

Master of the Universe

RF?!

I've changed my mind, I'm taking it back :pac:

I'm playing Raiden IV at the mo and it's lovely.
    Got it for €19.99 on the US PSN.
    That is to say, the game cost $20 but I had to pay €19.99 to buy the needed funds.
    But, it's all worth it!

That reminds me wasent Atlus suppose to be making some announcement today regarding psn? anyone hear anything
    Edit: Apparently SMT III: Nocturne is out in US store/ps2 classics

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That reminds me wasent Atlus suppose to be making some announcement today regarding psn? anyone hear anything
    Edit: Apparently SMT III: Nocturne is out in US store/ps2 classics

Yeah that was it. Have it already but nice to have the best RPG on the system up there.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah that was it. Have it already but nice to have the best RPG on the system up there.

Iam after putting in serious hours into persona 4 golden, devil survivor overclocked and soul hackers in recent months, seriously burnt out at this stage, is it really that good? might leave it in the digital backlog for until the smt urge gets me again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Iam after putting in serious hours into persona 4 golden, devil survivor overclocked and soul hackers in recent months, seriously burnt out at this stage, is it really that good? might leave it in the digital backlog for until the smt urge gets me again.

I only got to day 4 in overclocked myself and I havent even opened up soul hackers yet. I stopped playing Overclocked because I would only waste loads of hours trying to get all the endings.

• Advertisement

I got through two 8 day routes before putting it down and swearing not to touch another smt for 12 months, also have the 2 etrian oddessy games and smt iv sitting unopened on the shelf, terrified to remove the wrapper lol.

You have great taste!

Where'd you pick up yours?

Ha thanks, after your post I went on a search and found a guy on discogs shipping for around €50 sealed. I new I'd regret it big time if I didn't pull the trigger and was talked into it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry for starting another hobby I can't possibly afford :D

Missed Perturbators pre order mentalness for his new LP release but will no doubt be all over the EPs launching later this year... gulp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty much anyone I know that likes RPGs thinks that way. If you are burnt out on smt then I'd suggest taking a break first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I find that you can switch to a different RPG in that case - I get burnt out on the mechanics of a specific franchise - I was burnt out on Devil Survivor myself and therefore couldn't get going properly on SMT IV (as loosely as they are connected in that respect), so sat back for a short while and now playing Demon Gaze and completely hooked. Will hopefully be ready to finish off Devil Survivor then and hopefully launch into SMT IV fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    RF?!

I've changed my mind, I'm taking it back :pac:

Not a chance, spent an hour or so last night playing PC-Engine (RGB'd) stuff on it and blown away by the vibrant colours of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A very grave wrong has been corrected today. This has been missing from the collection for a very long time. And although I'd be a pretty huge Zelda fan, I've yet to really bother with game beyond the first hour or so. I can't wait! Cart picture isn't great because of the holo-label on the cart itself.

1z14pip.jpg

1495g0z.jpg

iyddkx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm still trying to track that down myself, nice get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I got through two 8 day routes before putting it down and swearing not to touch another smt for 12 months, also have the 2 etrian oddessy games and smt iv sitting unopened on the shelf, terrified to remove the wrapper lol.

Yeah I've them as well waiting to be played and Bravely Default to finish off, just have to finish off Zelda Between Two Worlds first.

There is a serious amount of stuff on the 3DS.

Master of the Universe

Got that Sega trio thingy in the post. The following picture says more than any words could :eek:

2014-05-07182536_zps013a0ca6.jpg

And to top it all off, it's silent! Those three Sega PSUs gave off such a hum I'd say they could hear it in next door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I got these today...

Game is in DVD case and cover looks like it could be a re-print, so dunno what's going on there.

07e671e3-769a-444f-bec6-08ff9dd49038_zps1ea0fde2.jpg

This is bigger than I thought, at 29in wide and 9in deep, but still looks great, can't wait to try and incorporate it into my mame cab design.

DSC_0125_zpskrqvn9ck.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement