Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Few bits arrived last week, seriously thinking about picking up one of the original gba with the new screen fitted.
    P1030007_zps8c889adc.jpg
    P1030006_zpsc488eda0.jpgP1030009_zps69e70b1a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No such thing as a DVD case back in the Saturn era. Definitely not the original packaging, pretty sure Darius Gaiden came in a standard saturn box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did you get sold that Darius Gaiden as complete in box?

That definitely not a real Saturn box alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There were some DVD height plastic game cases, but I recall EA games that had them.
    But I own Darius Gaiden and it is in a proper Saturn case, plastic and card arrangement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Well I bought it from Retropolis in Adverts, It did cost me only €15 euro and I think I now know the reason why!!

No mention of complete in box in the ad though. I'm not exactly a collector, so I didn't realise it might not be the real deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It looks like it was a rental copy from a store. See them kinda of items a lot with US SNES stuff from America.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Monkeykube wrote: »
    ...seriously thinking about picking up one of the original gba with the new screen fitted.

Well worth it imo, brilliant they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Retropolis

Hey,

Hygro with games with the manuals we put the manual in the picture and we stated on the advert that it was a custom DVD case.

Regards
    Retropolis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

A couple of bits of GET! gathered over the last week.

The rather rare Continue Mega Drive Taizen book and toy box set. I have the extra companion book to this (not pictured), also from Continue books, to complete the set.

Had a quick thumb through it and it is utterly magnificent. It's basically an encylopedia of the entire Mega Drive library plus interviews, artwork, timelines etc, all in full colour with a sexual sleeve. :)

vgFWabc.jpg
    5JzGKNR.jpg
    2zX3OBS.jpg

A Roland MT-32, boxed and complete. In excellent nick. This will be great once hooked up to a dedicated Pi running XM6 Pro!

ki8HzlN.jpg

A PlayStation. I have two already so this is my third. One I already have is chipped, so is this one...

tLv22mY.jpg

But my others don't have this... :)

VMHUJHf.jpg

Also received Mario Land 3D today from Mr. OwaynOTT, much appreciated sir! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    Got that Sega trio thingy in the post. The following picture says more than any words could :eek:

2014-05-07182536_zps013a0ca6.jpg

How many Amps can that bad boy put out?

And to top it all off, it's silent! Those three Sega PSUs gave off such a hum I'd say they could hear it in next door.
    STG.Otaku wrote: »

A Roland MT-32, boxed and complete. In excellent nick. This will be great once hooked up to a dedicated Pi running XM6 Pro!

ki8HzlN.jpg

Record a demo of that for me please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

waveform wrote: »
    Record a demo of that for me please! :)

I second this :D

I was planning to use it with XM6 and instead of running MT-32 emulation, I'd use the actual hardware. Plus that way I can record directly to DAW etc and save OST's from there. Super handy if any games feature a sound test!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I was planning to use it with XM6 and instead of running MT-32 emulation, I'd use the actual hardware. Plus that way I can record directly to DAW etc and save OST's from there. Super handy if any games feature a sound test!

Oh no, I've gone cross eyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

picked up haunting ground yesterday for a 10er, very happy with it xD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thanks a mill to OwaynOTT for picking this up to me & passing it along, much appreciated dude

2vtcsj7.jpg

The Zelda love continues today, with these two filling a very important void in my Zelda collection. I've never played even a few mins of these, so looking forward to them.

2ldxa1t.jpg

epr8dy.jpg

2iiep13.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Myrddin wrote: »
    A very grave wrong has been corrected today. This has been missing from the collection for a very long time. And although I'd be a pretty huge Zelda fan, I've yet to really bother with game beyond the first hour or so. I can't wait! Cart picture isn't great because of the holo-label on the cart itself.

http://i62.tinypic.com/1z14pip.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/1495g0z.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/iyddkx.jpg
    A massive wrong! My favourite game of the entire series, its just fantastic and packed full of side quests.

A massive wrong! My favourite game of the entire series, its just fantastic and packed full of side quests.

I'm really looking forward to it, I've been watching some non-spoilery reviews of it, it's so different to the established Zelda formula!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It has a lot the same, but the general ideas and themes that form the core of the game structure are turned entirely on their heads. It was a massive step in the right direction for the series in my opinion, and I hope with every new one that comes out that it's a bit more like MM, thematically or structurally, or just a similar departure from the norm.

The games rarely disappoint, but I'm always a little disappointed that they tend to stick to the old reliable structure.

Recent changes as with Link Between Worlds were excellent, but it did still rely on the old template a little too much.

They were a couple of gameboy titles i could never get for a decent price in good condition. nice get!

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    They were a couple of gameboy titles i could never get for a decent price in good condition. nice get!

Yeah they can be pricey, & condition can be a factor. I didn't mind splashing a tad on these as the condition is very good.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yeah they can be pricey, & condition can be a factor. I didn't mind splashing a tad on these as the condition is very good.

Yeah they look great there. Condition is always a factor when your looking at cardboard nintendo titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Looks like you'll be ordering more of those plastic game protectors :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Looks like you'll be ordering more of those plastic game protectors :)

Definitely, I'll wait until this current spending splurge is finished (which it more or less is) & order up what's needed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Got Mario 3D Land for €10 in Tesco in Rush on Sunday, nothing else there except loads of copys of Black Eye Peas dance sing ****e.

Now, what do I do with my extra copy of 3D Land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Got Mario 3D Land for €10 in Tesco in Rush on Sunday, nothing else there except loads of copys of Black Eye Peas dance sing ****e.

Find a 3ds collector and share the love, don't collect 3ds . Just saying some one would like a cheap Mario for there collection.

Flaregon wrote: »
    Find a 3ds collector and share the love, don't collect 3ds . Just saying some one would like a cheap Mario for there collection.

Don't mind him, flip it for the cash!!! Do it.I was a fool to give mine away, a fool!

Don't mind him, flip it for the cash!!! Do it.I was a fool to give mine away, a fool!

Mwahahaha! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Haha, I'm not bothered about it really, just trying to decide if I want to keep a sealed copy of it or swap it for something else, but I cant think of anything i want or need at the moment, except, maybe, a PS4..... :pac:

• Advertisement

Just got Dungeon Siege 3 for the PS3 for a fiver in Tesco Ashbourne.
    Seems there's still a few bits there to be had.
    Including s single copy of The Last Story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement