Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    ...flip it...

Bit of that about these days. :P
    Reminds me of this actually:

Klax336x240.png

Got these nice little handbooks recently, really nice quality. Nothing you can't get online in a wiki ofcourse but nice to have anyway.

UDZIoek.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just got Dungeon Siege 3 for the PS3 for a fiver in Tesco Ashbourne.
    Seems there's still a few bits there to be had.
    Including s single copy of The Last Story.

Actually,
    I just ran back in and bought The Last Story, only a fiver and, well, you never know.... CEX are giving €15 cash or €20 credit.... might nip in on the weekend....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some men...you's all want the gold shared when others find it, but when yee find it it's off to CeX with it. A&R, always watch your back...there be vultures everywhere :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, yes, ok...
    But then, if someone in these parts has something to trade for it, a PS4, XB1, Oculus Rift, you know, nothing too outlandish, I'll consider it.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Mwahahaha! :pac:

Rofl, never said don't profit, talking sell it for like cex or cex + 5 euro lol. "Trade in cash"

P.s some people are Nice, a boards member got me the last story for cost + postage XD.

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Some men...

you just can't reach. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Myrddin wrote: »
    Cart picture isn't great because of the holo-label on the cart itself
    Does it come like that or is it custom?

Sera wrote: »
    Does it come like that or is it custom?

No it's normal, some have the standard label & others have the holographic one. I'm not sure why that is, perhaps the holo one is from the collectors edition, not really sure!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a standard one on mine anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

54Zs9RG.jpg

Arrived today. The last known (at the time of writing) Argos copy in stock in the whole of the UK and Ireland (as far as online stock records for UK/Eire presently show).

Found this in Argos in Montrose, Scotland would you believe! :confused::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

So, a bit of a CRT week for me it seems.
    A 9" PVM(Sony PVM 9041 QM) and a 20" BVM(Sony BVM-20E1E with some extra bits) on the way.

I should have the 9" in a day or so as its only coming from Dublin but the main thing I want is the BVM and that might take a while as its not a straight forward sale as it involves escrow and shipping from the UK.
    By all accounts the BVM is pretty darn good so I cant wait to connect up some RGB goodness to that :)

Edit:
    Also if anyone wants the BVM manual/docs.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B69DctF0Bt9BSDVneUpoLTVDckk&usp=sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

tu5xtcsff

This weeks finds, always wanted to try a fishing game lol.

Those little pvm crt are lovely, around £40 shipped other UK.
    I must look out for one or two.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Those little pvm crt are lovely, around £40 shipped other UK.
    I must look out for one or two.

They seem to go for about £100(not inc shipping) on most sites, where you getting them for £40? :)

I should have a 2DS incoming shortly.
    I seem to have gotten a good deal on one.
    Boxed and minty fresh only €75 with postage included.
    It'll make a nice addition to the Nintendo family.
    Just have to pick up a classic DS phat, DSi XL and another GB Micro and I have the bunch, probably complete it this year.
    Oh, and a original 3DS as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    They seem to go for about £100(not inc shipping) on most sites, where you getting them for £40? :)

I narrowly missed out on one in Greystones on adverts the other day.

Offered €50 but he'd just sold it to someone else for €40 :(

Master of the Universe

Cool, get a load of them a rack them up :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    So, a bit of a CRT week for me it seems.
    A 9" PVM(Sony PVM 9041 QM) and a 20" BVM(Sony BVM-20E1E with some extra bits) on the way.

I should have the 9" in a day or so as its only coming from Dublin but the main thing I want is the BVM and that might take a while as its not a straight forward sale as it involves escrow and shipping from the UK.
    By all accounts the BVM is pretty darn good so I cant wait to connect up some RGB goodness to that :)

Edit:
    Also if anyone wants the BVM manual/docs.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B69DctF0Bt9BSDVneUpoLTVDckk&usp=sharing

Good man. Don't forget your BNC cables if you haven't got them already, and a means to get audio out of the console/source device. Got my cable from retrogamingcables.co.uk, I needed a female scart to bnc for my particular setup.

Master of the Universe

Cool thing about these PVMs is the video out ports. Would be fun to link a few of them together displaying the same image.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Good man. Don't forget your BNC cables if you haven't got them already, and a means to get audio out of the console/source device. Got my cable from retrogamingcables.co.uk, I needed a female scart to bnc for my particular setup.

Yeah that's exactly the one I'm using too.

Have the RCA audio cables going to a RCA > 3.5mm adapter and then into some PC speakers.

Andrew76 wrote: »

Yeah, that's where I'm getting my cables from for them. Would be nice to get some bnc to bnc cables to output from the BVM to PVM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Me too!

Today's get isn't remotely related to A&R but we all love a cool gadget don't we? :P

306219.jpg

Best 2 euro I ever spent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

I also picked up a PS3 svideo + composite cable and a Wii extension cable for a euro each in a bargain bin in Dealz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

waveform wrote: »
    Today's get isn't remotely related to A&R but we all love a cool gadget don't we? :P

So what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

This is such a great thread, just spent nearly an hour looking at all the lovely retro goodness :D.
    I accidently started collecting Gamecube games last week when I found these two hidden in a jumble sale. Tenner for both, best gaming bargain I ever got!

kjcd.jpg

I also bought Grandia for the PS1 and Breath of Fire 3 for the PSP from Ebay recently. BoF III is unbelievably addictive, I reckon I've put hours into the fishing minigame alone!

Does the Zelda game include Ocarina of Time on the bonus disc?
    Should do, its a nice edition of the game too.
    Are you playing them on a Gamecube or a Wii?
    Either way you've a lot of great gaming goodness right there.
    And welcome to the Arcade and Retro forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Me too!

306219.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »

Run on batteries as well for a bit of portable gaming :D

• Advertisement

Me too!

memes_bear_grylls_knife_Meme_base_12-s313x293-155524.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement