Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Run on batteries as well for a bit of portable gaming :D

Did a few calculations and including Parcel Motel delivery to your door, they clock in at €67.

Kind of half tempted to pick one up at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Myrddin wrote: »
    memes_bear_grylls_knife_Meme_base_12-s313x293-155524.jpg

Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy RAW gag..."what does it mean Doc........when fire shoot out yo' dick?"
    "So you're a burning sensation?"
    "No doc,
    Fire shoot out my dick!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

waveform wrote: »
    Me too!

Today's get isn't remotely related to A&R but we all love a cool gadget don't we? :P

306219.jpg

Best 2 euro I ever spent!

Setting fires are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Naydy wrote: »
    This is such a great thread, just spent nearly an hour looking at all the lovely retro goodness :D.
    I accidently started collecting Gamecube games last week when I found these two hidden in a jumble sale. Tenner for both, best gaming bargain I ever got!

kjcd.jpg

I also bought Grandia for the PS1 and Breath of Fire 3 for the PSP from Ebay recently. BoF III is unbelievably addictive, I reckon I've put hours into the fishing minigame alone!
    Bof is fantastic, i got the ps1 version, must find the back and cover art for it thought, manual is huge.

Also started collecting GC a few months back along with wii, I recommend getting the resident evil 1 remake , best game on the system , with skys of arcadia a good second, "wonder how many will agree with me lol*

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Does the Zelda game include Ocarina of Time on the bonus disc?
    Should do, its a nice edition of the game too.
    Are you playing them on a Gamecube or a Wii?
    Either way you've a lot of great gaming goodness right there.
    And welcome to the Arcade and Retro forum!

It does, the discs are in really good condition too, couldn't believe my luck!
    At the minute on a Wii but a Gamecube is next on my list when the funds replenish themselves a bit :D. There's the plans for saving for a 3ds out the window, haha.
    Thank you :-)

• Advertisement

It does, the discs are in really good condition too, couldn't believe my luck!
    At the minute on a Wii but a Gamecube is next on my list when the funds replenish themselves a bit :D. There's the plans for saving for a 3ds out the window, haha.
    Thank you :-)
    carboots = win, found legend of dragoon for 2, smash bro brawl and luigis haunt mansion at 3 each, so im sure u can find more at car boots*this was in dublin, were theirs a guy taking everything at the local markets lol*

Found the gamecube games out side in a bo full of junk lol, so look every ware.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

Flaregon wrote: »
    Bof is fantastic, i got the ps1 version, must find the back and cover art for it thought, manual is huge.

Also started collecting GC a few months back along with wii, I recommend getting the resident evil 1 remake , best game on the system , with skys of arcadia a good second, "wonder how many will agree with me lol*

I must try that one, I quite liked Res 4 on the ps2, but its the only one I've played. More a Silent Hill fan.
    Skies of Arcadia is on my list of must gets, along with Fire Emblem and Tales of Symphonia. Expensive taste, lol.

I must try that one, I quite liked Res 4 on the ps2, but its the only one I've played. More a Silent Hill fan.
    Skies of Arcadia is on my list of must gets, along with Fire Emblem and Tales of Symphonia. Expensive taste, lol.

im going to go with the ps3 version of Tales of Symphonia, much easier then finding the the 2 games* theirs 2 Symphonia LOL* thought I wouldn't turn them down lol.

silent hill is a res clone, much higher values then any other company's that tryed resident evil style and is easily on par. I collect both and I can say for this, resident evil remake is one of the best horror's on ever made, its got so much reply value it unreal, the game is what all remake should be , true to the original and with much better graphics and its just better in every way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well I just received Dragons Crown this morning, which is cool, exaggerated boobies incoming!

My friendly neighbourhood Parcel Motel has Test Drive II for my MD awaiting collection.

And I just sent off the fundage for a 2DS, which is nice.

It's good to be a gamer!

Setting fires are we?

Haha, no. I bought it for shrinking heatshrink tubing to repair my headphones, as a normal flame tends to melt or set fire to things even when it's held a good bit away.

Butane lighters can be held upside down and it doesn't effect the flame.

During the long the wait I bought a better tool for the job though, its the generic sparkfun heatgun which is marketed as an embossing craft tool in the UK, hence the girly love heart:

papermania%20signature%20heat%20tool.jpg

It was either that or the pink one, lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

2724662.jpg

I know, I know.
    But then, I do like the Capcom games, Knights of the Round say.
    Also Batman Returns on the Snes is another one.
    I'm hoping this is in that category, rather than in Golden Ass and Streets of Dung territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got all these in HMV, €25 for the lot. Needed a 3DS case as there's all sorts of crap getting into it from being loose in my bag.

36C258C4-5FBF-4C93-B8B7-76D69F8E9C19_zpsqh2dz54r.jpg

Really happy with the condition of this. Took a chance as it was €13 posted from Japan with only 1 picture and a new seller on eBay, but it's really mint and arrived in less than a week including the bank holiday!

00EE7518-10AF-408B-9734-73550FBC60CC_zpsvlsviw5t.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Ciderman purchasing algorithm:

Ciderman: I have a good deal on this game! Should I buy it?

Everyone: No. It's **** and/or you probably won't like it and/or ever have the time to actually play it.

Ciderman: I just bought the game!

(Please note: this should not be confused with the patented Ciderman 'purchase / trade / repurchase' cycle - they are seperate albeit interconnected algorithms)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Ciderman purchasing algorithm:

Ciderman: I have a good deal on this game! Should I buy it?

Everyone: No. It's **** and/or you probably won't like it and/or ever have the time to actually play it.

Ciderman: I just bought the game!

(Please note: this should not be confused with the patented Ciderman 'purchase / trade / repurchase' cycle - they are seperate albeit interconnected algorithms)

Ciderman then sells it, regrets it a few months later and buys it back for twice the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

:D

o1s1n wrote: »
    2724662.jpg
    just mean he can sell it to me in a month for 20 as its 3ed hand, with double the jizz on it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Flaregon wrote: »
    with double the jizz on it.......

dsgstd-nrd.gif

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    dsgstd-nrd.gif
    :cool:

Hmm, you all know me so well.
    Still, you didn't say when I buy something I reckon I might not like, then sell it, then read what everyone else says and I regret it and buy it again.
    That would have been Demon's Souls!

• Advertisement

Hmm, you all know me so well.
    Still, you didn't say when I buy something I reckon I might not like, then sell it, then read what everyone else says and I regret it and buy it again.
    That would have been Demon's Souls!
    even if i hate a game, I dont sell it on principle, to many good game lost to trade ins.....

Here's todays haul:

gBYl63X.png

The main star of the show being the Wii. It is only my 2nd Nintendo console ever since I bought the Super Famicom 2 years ago!

This model is backwards compatible with Gamecube games as you can see on the top, and it also came the Homebrew Channel pre installed:

306335.jpg

I absolutely love when consoles are backwards compatible with the previous generation, like the ps2 and sega mega drive.

And the Virtual Console is the icing on the cake as I can now conquer my shame of never playing 99% of Nintendo 64 games INCLUDING Super Mario 64! :o

Now all I need to do is order an RGB Scart cable for the Wii.

The seller was so nice they included a 2nd playstation free, and both models have the parallel port which is great. I can now hear the first half of "the best sound ever", unlike with the PS2!

Not a bad haul for €65.

There was one bump in the road with the Wii however, but that should be ironed out tomorrow when I update this thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

o1s1n wrote: »
    2724662.jpg

I somehow doubt the fighting part is his main motivation for buying the game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I somehow doubt the fighting part is his main motivation for buying the game ;)

Something going to get beaten though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And the Virtual Console is the icing on the cake as I can now conquer my shame of never playing 99% of Nintendo 64 games INCLUDING Super Mario 64! :o

The wii virtual console seems great until you realise that other than a few imports and the tg16 games, they are all in crappy 50 hz mode.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The wii virtual console seems great until you realise that other than a few imports and the tg16 games, they are all in crappy 50 hz mode.

2324_1283147056831.jpg

Can't even understand why they would have virtual games in 50hz, when they're certainly not restricted by the hardware.

I guess I'll have to make do with these for the Nintendo 64 and NES, not sure how good they are though:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

I fixed the first pic now:

gBYl63X.png

When i was a attaching a second image on the ipad it was deleting the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I wonder if, through modding magic, you changed the region of the Wii to USA & 're-obtained' the vc stuff you already bought but in ntsc versions, would they be in 60Hz? Hmm...

2324_1283147056831.jpg

Can't even understand why they would have virtual games in 50hz, when they're certainly not restricted by the hardware.

I guess I'll have to make do with these for the Nintendo 64 and NES, not sure how good they are though:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

The home brew emulators aren't that great either. They all display in the wrong resolution, it's really noticeable and annoying especially if a game scrolls vertically. With a modded system you can install the NTSC games.

• Advertisement

Feck it
    I Tesco again :(
    Picked up Goldeneye for the DS for €3 and Singularity next door in GS for the PS3 for a fiver :(
    Too many games!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement