Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not great pics(iPhone) but this arrived this evening in my parcel motel.
    The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Fabric Wall Scroll Poster. 87" long so it'll take the full height of the wall more or less.

mtfs.jpg

mwd4d.jpgh0ke.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy crap that's amazing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That is stunning, quite beautiful, well done, nice get

Good quality material, comes with holder and some weird hanging system i need to figure out. Not bad for £20 from Amazon UK(well from AnimeListing on Amazon).
    I recommend it folks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Steve SI wrote: »
    Good quality material, comes with holder and some weird hanging system i need to figure out. Not bad for £20 from Amazon UK(well from AnimeListing on Amazon).
    I recommend it folks :)

Very nice, did you ever do anything about printing out the sfc secret of mana cover you were working on a while back?

• Advertisement

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Very nice, did you ever do anything about printing out the sfc secret of mana cover you were working on a while back?

I'm still not 100 percent happy with the vector I'm working on. Still tweaking it to get it just right and then will get it printed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm still not 100 percent happy with the vector I'm working on. Still tweaking it to get it just right and then will get it printed.

Looking forward to see the finished article, box art on the sfc is amazing in general.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Not great pics(iPhone) but this arrived this evening in my parcel motel.
    The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Fabric Wall Scroll Poster. 87" long so it'll take the full height of the wall more or less.

That looks cool, reminds me of one of my mates, he has a life size print of vigo the carpathian for ghostbusters 2 framed and on his wall. Really freaky to see, but looks awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn it to hell and back!
    Brought some of my residents out for a drive in the minibus to Skerries via Rush.
    Went into Tesco in Rush to buy the 8 pack of ice cream sandwiches, only €1.75, and walked out with Skyrim for the PS3, only a fiver!
    Damn you Tesco, damn your eyes and your gaming bargains that can't be ignored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Weird. They must have got new stuff in. Last visit I did they had some X Factor thing and a music game about some Red Eyed Gherkins, or something like that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

All the stores just keep stuff out the back at random and put them out when the stuff on the shelves go low.
    Ennis had metroid again during the week and had mario karts for the first time yesterday.
    I want it to stop, when will it stop.

Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    All the stores just keep stuff out the back at random and put them out when the stuff on the shelves go low.
    Ennis had metroid again during the week and had mario karts for the first time yesterday.

Any chance you could nab a Metroid for me? (Trilogy that is!)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any chance you could nab a Metroid for me? (Trilogy that is!)

Sorry I'm keeping it, it was only one. The other one I have wasn't sealed and was missing the sleeve.
    I can pick up a Mario Kart or Monster Hunter?

I'm the same.
    I just want to go to Tesco for 2 litres of milk and a little as of bread, rather than walk out with the assembled best games on the Wii for the past 3 years.

Master of the Universe

Sorry I'm keeping it, it was only one. The other one I have wasn't sealed and was missing the sleeve.
    I can pick up a Mario Kart or Monster Hunter?

If they're 3DS games then yes to both please! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Naydy wrote: »
    Breath of Fire 3 for the PSP from Ebay recently. BoF III is unbelievably addictive, I reckon I've put hours into the fishing minigame alone!
    I have that too but only played Bof4, loved the fishing and other mini game stuff in it too lol

If they're 3DS games then yes to both please! :)

Sorry, no they are the Wii versions. Wouldn't mind Monster Hunter on 3DS for a fiver myself.

Master of the Universe

Sorry, no they are the Wii versions. Wouldn't mind Monster Hunter on 3DS for a fiver myself.

Awh, no worries! Will give it a miss so.

Master of the Universe

Got this today. Fly trap looks impressed.

shenmue_zps371003f0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Been meaning to get round to playing it for a while, think I need to replace the power cord on my Dreamcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

Sera wrote: »
    I have that too but only played Bof4, loved the fishing and other mini game stuff in it too lol

I'll definitely be picking up BoFIV now, been playing 3 non-stop, the mini-games are brilliant in it. I never really got into the first two, so I'm really nicely surprised by how much I like 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Update:

So the little bump in the road with the Wii I bought Friday was that it shut itself down after about an hour of play.
    It had overheated.

Let it cool down completely and when I powered it back on I noticed the back fan wasn't spinning.
    My theory is that the connection for the fan became loose during transit.
    The seller (who I worked with before in real life) offered me an instant refund, no question asked or another Wii.
    So I got a second Wii from his yesterday for free, and bought a PS3 controller for him for 20 quid.
    He is also letting me keep the Wii with the broken fan, which still works perfectly until it gets hot. :)
    Nicest guy ever.

So along with the 2 Playstions I bought Friday, I now have 2 Wii's and 2 Mega Drive 1's!

You know what this means don't you?....

306607.png

HOLY SH*T, I'M STEVE SI!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

wave time to learn how to build a wii :cool:

waveform wrote: »
    Update:

HOLY SH*T, I'M STEVE SI![/CENTER]

woah1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Naydy wrote: »
    I'll definitely be picking up BoFIV now, been playing 3 non-stop, the mini-games are brilliant in it. I never really got into the first two, so I'm really nicely surprised by how much I like 3!
    I heard of people preferring 3 to 4, I might be the reverse playing 4 first, it's similar chatacters, well Ryo and Nina are in all the BOFs and there's a character similar to Rei in 4 called Cray. My bff loves Rei, "Well, doesn't this just beat all" I still remember him telling me about his catchphrase.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The hg101 article says bof4 is pretty bad. However everyone I talk to adores bof4 and think it and dragon quarter are the best. Also my friend that got me into persona and the atelier games loves bof4 so I'd more believe him than that article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked this up:

23th09g.jpg

11l0941.jpg

Which completes the current Zelda spending-splurge for the moment

29pt736.jpg

Master of the Universe

Those boxes are all really fresh looking, lovely :)

I take it you picked up an NTSC N64 yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Those boxes are all really fresh looking, lovely :)

I take it you picked up an NTSC N64 yeah?

Yeah they're in decent shape, the protectors will finish them off nicely when I get around to ordering them. Yep I got an NTSC N64 a while back, & sold off whatever PAL carts I had at the time. There's not a ton of stuff I'd be interested in on the N64, probably ten games if even, so will pick up the ones I want & leave it at that

• Advertisement

I was selling my pal collection off, was going to get a Everdrive 64 instead, aside from a handful of one's I'd keep.
    Then I sold none of them :(
    I must look at it again.
    Thing is, even though I've a Everdrive for the MD, I'd never sell off my cart collection, but with the N64 I just might.
    What's the difference I wonder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement